‘No double standards’ in dropping of charges against Red Bull heir

rooster59

10 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I was answering an (inaccurate)  statement made in the post I quoted.  I would have thought that was obvious. Rather than I 'few countries', there are very many. 

Then you believe wealthy people in many countries run over their law enforcement officers and are not held accountable for their actions?  You think this was okay for the Thai courts to condone killing a police officer in this manner?  

I would think a police killing like this would shock any normal citizen in most countries in the world.  It certainly shocked a lot of Thai citizens.   

9 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Then you believe wealthy people in many countries run over their law enforcement officers and are not held accountable for their actions?  You think this was okay for the Thai courts to condone killing a police officer in this manner?  

I would think a police killing like this would shock any normal citizen in most countries in the world.  It certainly shocked a lot of Thai citizens.   

No proof Khun Boss was drunk.

No proof Khun Boss was high on cocaine.

No proof Khun Boss was speeding.

No proof Khun Boss was driving recklessly.

2 eye witnesses say they saw the policeman ride into the front of Khun boss's vehicle.

Seems to me the correct call has been made dropping the charges, hardly condoning the killing of a policeman.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

2 eye witnesses say they saw the policeman ride into the front of Khun boss's vehicle.

Seems to me the correct call has been made dropping the charges, hardly condoning the killing of a policeman.

Lol, you believe in the tooth fairy too? ????

My GF was just telling me that the other rich guy that killed a policeman not too long ago while drunk driving, who paid around 45 million in compensation, plus paid for said policeman's children's future schooling, and university, and apparently showed genuine remorse, has been told by a court that he still has to serve time. Six years according to GF.

Anyone seen news on this?

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/26/2020 at 2:48 PM, Don Mega said:

If you would have read the police reports, the Red Bull heir had traces of cocaine in his blood and was obviously speeding and driving reckless.  More importantly, this fool never bothered to stop his vehicle after hitting the police officer and continued to drive away from the accident dragging the police officer.  

Can you say "Hit and Run"?  Leaving the scene of an accident after damaging property or worst yet injuring people is illegal even in a country like Thailand.  

22 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

If you would have read the police reports, the Red Bull heir had traces of cocaine in his blood and was obviously speeding and driving reckless.  More importantly, this fool never bothered to stop his vehicle after hitting the police officer and continued to drive away from the accident dragging the police officer.  

Can you say "Hit and Run"?  Leaving the scene of an accident after damaging property or worst yet injuring people is illegal even in a country like Thailand.  

Nice story Hansel but as I was saying.

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Nice story Hansel but as I was saying.

Just out of curiosity Gretel, what is your point? 

5 hours ago, Don Mega said:

My point is they don't have a great deal of factual proof.

Lol, Somehow I don't think the "hit and run" along with dragging the police officer until he died will be hard to prove.  The blood test they administrated that showed cocaine in the Red Bull heirs blood should be another easy one too.   

5 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

Lol, Somehow I don't think the "hit and run" along with dragging the police officer until he died will be hard to prove.  The blood test they administrated that showed cocaine in the Red Bull heirs blood should be another easy one too.   

The blood test taken many hours later does implicate him for cocaine usage but does not prove he was high when the incident occurred.

Edited by Don Mega

On 7/26/2020 at 5:54 PM, phetphet said:

My GF was just telling me that the other rich guy that killed a policeman not too long ago while drunk driving, who paid around 45 million in compensation, plus paid for said policeman's children's future schooling, and university, and apparently showed genuine remorse, has been told by a court that he still has to serve time. Six years according to GF.

Anyone seen news on this?

No, which country?

10 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

The blood test they administrated that showed cocaine in the Red Bull heirs blood should be another easy one too.   

I expect that went missing a long, long time ago ...... along with any witness that looked a bit wobbly.

Edited by BritManToo

4 hours ago, Don Mega said:

The blood test taken many hours later does implicate him for cocaine usage but does not prove he was high when the incident occurred.

Lol, I believe the cocaine in this imbeciles blood is the least of his problems.  The guy hit a police officer from the rear of the motorcycle and kept driving, dragging the officers body on the pavement instead of stopping and calling the police and an ambulance.  

The Red Bull heir hit and run should be an embarrassment to the Bangkok Police Department, Thailands legal system, and the country of Thailand.  This case clearly demonstrates wealthy Thais being above the law with no regard for others.  The Red Bull heir should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.    

On 7/24/2020 at 11:25 PM, rooster59 said:

Deputy National Police spokesman, Pol Colonel Kissana Phathanacharoen, insisted on Friday (July 24) that there were no double standards in the case of Red Bull heir Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya.

He probably has a point........the police will drop charges for anyone who comes up with money......so there are no double standards as such.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I expect that went missing a long, long time ago ...... along with any witness that looked a bit wobbly.

I agree with you but this hit and run was so callous and cruel, even as wealthy as the Red Bull heir is, I think in the end he will have to be held accountable for this police officers death.  The world is watching ????