‘No double standards’ in dropping of charges against Red Bull heir

rooster59

14 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

What an absolute joke. Shame shame shame, Thailand.

More shame on all the people not even able to imagine that if it was them or their kids, they would have paid anything possible to free him !

How can people be ridiculous to this extend to imagine another life for themselves. They must have suffered a lot being cheap labors all their life !

14 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Possibly as the parents decided not to pursue charges the prosecutor has been unable to find a loophole to continue withe the charade and decided to call it quits.

Yeah, ofcourse, but it's shameful that he can't even make up a real legal reason. It's obvious what actually happened.

In a case like this it's not up to the relatives to pursue charges. It's the public prosecutor who must pursue charges on behalf of the people no matter if the relatives want to or not. 

Edited by hobz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, samtab said:

More shame on all the people not even able to imagine that if it was them or their kids, they would have paid anything possible to free him !

How can people be ridiculous to this extend to imagine another life for themselves. They must have suffered a lot being cheap labors all their life !

Ofcourse we can imagine it. It still shouldnt be allowed. 

With your logic all crime, including murder and rape should go unpunished because every criminal has relatives and we must sympathize with them and let the criminals of the hook.

• Like 1

Do they really expect the people in Thailand and the rest of the world to believe there wasn't any corruption in this case? I believe there would be no one in that country who thinks this case doesn't reek of corruption, this B.S. puts Thailand at the top of most corrupt countries in the world.....SHAME ! SHAME ! Thailand

12 hours ago, rgraham said:

He should at least have to disclose how much the payment was!

Have heard payments are on going.

FWIW he was not breath tested until the evening after the crash, at which time he blew over the limit...... was he drunk at 5am when the incident took place ?

Two witnesses have apparently come forward that say Boss was driving at under the 60km/h speed limit, and not the 177km/h detailed in the forensic reports. They also testified that the Policeman was at fault, swerving into the front of the Ferrari. 

Convenient that these witnesses have now appeared at this time, so late on in proceedings. 

The Thais are just as livid about this as we are, and it may even weaken this sham government's position even further. 

14 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Good point. And if critical mass reaches a certain point, and it definitely will, if the army does not surrender power in the next few years, there will likely be some violence. But, in this age of social media, amd with the utter lack of moral leadership presently, I do not think the army will have the stomach to slaughter many of it's people, live and streaming. If the people make it clear how despised Prayuth and his band of incompetents are, they will go. Sooner or later. The army is a social force, that is beyond toxic. 

I beg to differ. The Army will have no hesitation to shoot live rounds if ordered. 

The problem is, the only thing that was preventing perennial military rule in Thailand has now gone, and we don't know what the reaction will be if mass protests start again, which now looks inevitable. 

They shot live ammo before in 2010 with PM Abhisit lying on television lying saying they were only firing blanks when it could be clearly seen that the Thai Army were using live rounds with no suppressors.

9 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Two witnesses have apparently come forward that say Boss was driving at under the 60km/h speed limit, and not the 177km/h detailed in the forensic reports. They also testified that the Policeman was at fault, swerving into the front of the Ferrari. 

Convenient that these witnesses have now appeared at this time, so late on in proceedings. 

The Thais are just as livid about this as we are, and it may even weaken this sham government's position even further. 

Its also come to light he was not breath tested the morning of the accident, there goes the drunk driving allegation as well.

On 7/25/2020 at 8:42 AM, ezzra said:

Just like the old saying: Money talks BS walk... really, why did it took them so long to drop the charges if they thought that he's not guilty and the is no case to answer here? haven't they thought for a minute how will it look in the eye of the public after all this brouhaha of trying to find him and bring his to justice and now poof, no charges...

The next time he gets into trouble, Plant some wild mushrooms on him, they go to jail for that. Such a pity that the 2 Burmese boys were not rich.

On 7/25/2020 at 8:36 AM, colinneil said:

Just a load of BS, did he kill the policeman?

The Attorney general is an absolute disgrace, should hang his head in shame.

Thai hi-so don't know what shame is, a good example is the Mia Noi !   Only just loss of face bothers them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Huckenfell said:

Seeing as how Red Bull is such a big product name world wide, the world's media should inform the rest of the world.

and the rest of the world still won't give a damn.

23 hours ago, ardsong said:

So the Killer-Boss seems to be a free man now and can return to Thailand.

He is a very dangerous man as he is above the law and is allowed to murder a police officer, let alone a normal citizen.

He has gotten himself a "Licence to Kill" . 

Boss 007.  Thailands answer to Policing.

21 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

Seeing as how Red Bull is such a big product name world wide, the world's media should inform the rest of the world.

I don't know about anyone else here but whenever I see a Red Bull related story, I post a comment as to the murderous past of this nasty piece of work. I include UK newspapers, my twitter account, Facebook and others.

Every little helps.

There are very few countries in the world where the rule of law and value of human life has little to no meaning.  It looks like a foreigner not doing their 90 day report on time would have more serious consequences in Thailand than a wealthy Thai, killing a police officer with their vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

There are very few countries in the world where the rule of law and value of human life has little to no meaning.  It looks like a foreigner not doing their 90 day report on time would have more serious consequences in Thailand than a wealthy Thai, killing a police officer with their vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance.

There are very few countries in the world where the rule of law and value of human life has little to no meaning

Sorry mate, but that view just needs challenging.  I could name at least 20 without any effort or further research at all.   I bet that of the 240 odd countries in the World, at least a third would fall into the 'no discernible rule of law' category. 

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

There are very few countries in the world where the rule of law and value of human life has little to no meaning

Sorry mate, but that view just needs challenging.  I could name at least 20 without any effort or further research at all.   I bet that of the 240 odd countries in the World, at least a third would fall into the 'no discernible rule of law' category. 

What is your point?

On 7/25/2020 at 5:42 AM, ezzra said:

Just like the old saying: Money talks BS walk... really, why did it took them so long to drop the charges if they thought that he's not guilty and the is no case to answer here? haven't they thought for a minute how will it look in the eye of the public after all this brouhaha of trying to find him and bring his to justice and now poof, no charges...

AHHH  it takes time to sort out the correct paperwork with the correct information and figures on them to the corret people you must know!!

2 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

What is your point?

I was answering an (inaccurate)  statement made in the post I quoted.  I would have thought that was obvious. Rather than I 'few countries', there are very many. 

Edited by Pilotman

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I beg to differ. The Army will have no hesitation to shoot live rounds if ordered. 

The problem is, the only thing that was preventing perennial military rule in Thailand has now gone, and we don't know what the reaction will be if mass protests start again, which now looks inevitable. 

They shot live ammo before in 2010 with PM Abhisit lying on television lying saying they were only firing blanks when it could be clearly seen that the Thai Army were using live rounds with no suppressors.

The current lack of moral authority is a game changer. Totally different circumstances. The army has far less support than ever, it would appear. They might take out a few students. Then they would lose their appetite for it quickly, as the leaders became international pariahs, if the masses joined in. 

There is alot of speculation that we have already seen the last army coup in Thai history. Let us hope that is the case. Thailand desperately needs to move forward with intelligent, competent, and progressive leadership.