‘No double standards’ in dropping of charges against Red Bull heir

rooster59

Ok no double standard oligarchs!

Put all your investigative information online for the public to see and how you arrived at dropping the charges.

List every official and citizen that was involved in the dismissal of the case; their positions and all the text messages, emails and conversations that took place. 

Audit all financial records of all the above involved and their families for any spike in financial gains; check the source of income for any motor vehicles or properties that any of the above or their families have recently incurred and continue to monitor in the future all the above. 

And have all this carried out by the National Anti-Corruption Commission (Thailand) and The Anti-Corruption Organisation of Thailand monitored by the Thailand press. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, lucjoker said:

Well i am public now , after 17 years in Th,moved to Spain.The best move of my life.

No year-long heatwaves, floods,electric breaks , no neighbors burning plastic and playing loud music night and day,no street dogs, own my own house and land now.

Cheap living same as in Thailand.(10eu for a full menue and a bottle of wine )

Good schools for the children,no lunatic traffic and good roads.

I can go on for hours.

So when i read Thaivisa,i feel grateful i am far away from that now.

Buenos días

Yes, many of us deserted Spain for "exotic" Thailand many years ago but today with this covid nonsence things will change, Thailand with mass tourism is no longer as appealing and Spain has meanwhile perfected an excellant tourist and retirement destination.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, VBF said:

Most people in UK at least don't know RB is a Thai company - I mentioned it to friends when watching the Formula 1 and they were surprised.

(In case anyone doesn't know, there is a Red Bull F1 team!)

That team is owned by the European license holder who changed the formula of the drink and  introduced it to the rest of the world. Yes most people have no clue it originally a THai brand and a Copy of a Japanese drink. Where is L Hamilton now with big mouth about BLM?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Hmm, I'm hoping too.

However, going on previous occasions when this has been tried, those with the money don't give a sh!t about a few hundred students deaths, as long as they don't lose their positions or money.

It will be different this time. The army is nearly finished. And the moral authority is gone too. The youth are far more activist than before. They are passionate, and they really care about the future of the nation, unlike the army. They will rise up. And I predict it will be sooner, rather than later. It has to be. Thailand cannot afford more years of this toxicity. 

36 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Stop reading it and posting and you will feel even better. Give it a try. 

no, i like reading comics .

Stop telling people what to do and you will feel better.Give it a try,it's an order .   

3 minutes ago, lucjoker said:

no, i like reading comics .

Stop telling people what to do and you will feel better.Give it a try,it's an order .   

Just be honest, you miss the place hence why you feel the need to keep posting. It’s no bid deal. You’re not thai, you don’t need to worry about loss of face. 

Just now, trainman34014 said:

They've never tried to find him or bring him to justice; all smoke and mirrors.   Always the same when the Elite are involved; leave it a few years and then let them off providing enough money is paid.    Money is more important than God in Thailand !

Or even Buddha!

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

No, they dropped the charge of reckless driving resulting in death.... Not murder.

I think "getting away with murder" is quite apt in this case, even if it is not strictly, legally 100% correct!

Finally a Police Colonel who speaks the truth.

"Boss" has received exactly the same treatment as any son of a billionaire in Thailand found in similar circumstances.

Let's be honest about it, if any of you were in "Boss's" position, who is almost certainly a billionaire in his own right since his father's death, would you volunteer to spend any time in prison if you could avoid it ?

Thailand doesn't care about it's reputation abroad because, as has been pointed out by many on this website, it has very little respect for foreigners.

And why should they care when prior to Covid19, 40 million visitors came to Thailand in a single year.

It's obvious that visitors don't care either about the politics, judicial system or the unexplained disappearance/deaths of a number of critics of the current government who fled the country in recent years.

• Like 1

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

It will be different this time. The army is nearly finished. And the moral authority is gone too. The youth are far more activist than before. They are passionate, and they really care about the future of the nation, unlike the army. They will rise up. And I predict it will be sooner, rather than later. It has to be. Thailand cannot afford more years of this toxicity. 

Yes of course it will be very different.Everything will be live streamed and the moment one bullet flies the whole world will know.

I hope it will stay peaceful but i also know peaceful protests just do not have enough impact.

9 hours ago, smutcakes said:

So how did the policeman die? Reversing into Boss's car at 170 kmph?

Well, it's possible his motorcycle was fitted with several reverse gear ratios. Don't be so cynical please. 

I'm just sayin '

Thammasat University Vice Rector, Prinya Thaewanarumitkul, has questioned the decision, by the Office of the Attorney-General (OAG), to drop the charge of reckless driving causing death to other people against Red Bull heir Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya, noting that the case involves a serious hit-and run offence involving a serving police officer, and is not an ordinary reckless driving case.

://www.thaipbsworld.com/law-professor-demands-explanation-from-prosecutors-over-red-bull-heirs-case/

Edited by Rimmer
Edited for fair use

3 hours ago, VBF said:

Most people in UK at least don't know RB is a Thai company - I mentioned it to friends when watching the Formula 1 and they were surprised.

(In case anyone doesn't know, there is a Red Bull F1 team!)

It is and it isn't. Red Bull was just a local Thai drink until an Austrian bought into it and marketed it properly. Its origin is listed on Wikipedia as Austria.

Austrian entrepreneur Dietrich Mateschitz was inspired by an existing energy drink named Krating Daeng, which was first introduced and sold in Thailand by Chaleo Yoovidhya. He took this idea, modified the ingredients to suit the tastes of Westerners,[11] and, in partnership with Chaleo, founded Red Bull GmbH in 1987 in Chakkapong, Thailand. Yoovidhya's heirs own majority stakes in both brands, and they both use the same red bull on yellow sun logo while continuing to market the separate drinks to the respective Thai and Western markets. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Creasy said:

???????????? = Thailand

Unless you filthy farang. Then it's the total opposite. That place is not only the stupidest place on Earth, but also the most hypocritical and ridiculous. :post-4641-1156693976:

Edited by Skeptic7

3 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

That team is owned by the European license holder who changed the formula of the drink and  introduced it to the rest of the world. Yes most people have no clue it originally a THai brand and a Copy of a Japanese drink. Where is L Hamilton now with big mouth about BLM?

Red Bull GmbH - the European company - is 49% owned by Chaleo Yoovidhya.

Red Bull Racing is owned by Red Bull GmbH, ergo it is 49% owned by the Yoovhidya clan.

Edited by mrfill
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jvs said:

Yes of course it will be very different.Everything will be live streamed and the moment one bullet flies the whole world will know.

I hope it will stay peaceful but i also know peaceful protests just do not have enough impact.

Good point. And if critical mass reaches a certain point, and it definitely will, if the army does not surrender power in the next few years, there will likely be some violence. But, in this age of social media, amd with the utter lack of moral leadership presently, I do not think the army will have the stomach to slaughter many of it's people, live and streaming. If the people make it clear how despised Prayuth and his band of incompetents are, they will go. Sooner or later. The army is a social force, that is beyond toxic. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, rwill said:

It's just a trick to lure him into returning to Thailand.  If he falls for it he will be dealt with a harshness never seen in Thai justice.

You clearly haven't lived in Thailand long enough to now how the system works!

In any country, the richer you are, you buy the best defense team, and maybe you get away with it. 

In Thailand wealth and influence can mean you never even get to that stage. Jeff Skilling bought the best defense money can buy, yet he still went to prison. I'm sure Ghislaine Maxwell has engaged the best money can buy, yet she's still in an orange jumpsuit for the next 12 months at least.

Thai's seem willing to simply roll their eyes and accept that there really is a law for the rich and a law for the poor.

I'm pretty sure there is more outrage within the Western expat forums than in the wider Thai population.

Sad but unfortunately true

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lucjoker said:

Well i am public now , after 17 years in Th,moved to Spain.The best move of my life.

No year-long heatwaves, floods,electric breaks , no neighbors burning plastic and playing loud music night and day,no street dogs, own my own house and land now.

Cheap living same as in Thailand.(10eu for a full menue and a bottle of wine )

Good schools for the children,no lunatic traffic and good roads.

I can go on for hours.

So when i read Thaivisa,i feel grateful i am far away from that now.

Buenos días

Where in Spain?