1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Swimming pools are for swimming .

Bars are for drinking 

TVF is for discussion

Bikes are for riding 

Beds are for sleeping etc

Its quite easy to follow, once you get the hang of it  

TiT:

Swimming pools are in disrepair and dirty.

Bars are for unemployed, broke females to extract money from unemployed males.

Bikes are for dying.

Beds are for stains.

Quite simple, really.

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You loose self control after 3 beers?

Have you had a few already for breakfast  ?

I didnt say that I lose control after 3 beers

You don’t understand your own implications that ‘those who have a drink loose control and are unable to look after children’....

You’ve criticized the op for having 3 beers, while at a pool witty his children. 

Thus: do you think the op ‘lost a certain degree of self control’ after just 3 beers??? 

Or, are you just being a sanctimonious little  princess ???? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

More self projection !!!

Someone doesn’t have any self control once he has a beer and projects that others are also unable to behave maturely...... 

Why you not go to the bar for a beer instead of going to the swimming pool for a beer ?

This is about me now? 

In the day time Or early evening I may chose to have a beer by the pool, or a drink water, or whatever I fancy. I’ll do so without loosing any sense of self control while enjoying the time with my son.

I’ll do so in a bar, restaurant, friends house etc, with or without my son present & and again I’ll do so without losing any sense of self control. 

You see, civilized people are capable of behaving without loosing self control. 

Unfortunately some uncivilized people can not & it seems that because of this you want to tar everyone with the same brush. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Partner immediatley disappeared for an hour to go swimming with the son, rather than help sort the situation out. Went looking and couldn’t find her. 

Obviously hiding, the blame is on her now. 

Dual pricing is common in Thailand, but I have never ever heard about dual pricing in a bar or restaurant. Maybe you look gullible. 

This is about me now? 

In the day time Or early evening I may chose to have a beer by the pool, or a drink water, or whatever I fancy. I’ll do so without loosing any sense of self control while enjoying the time with my son.

I’ll do so in a bar, restaurant, friends house etc, with or without my son present & and again I’ll do so without losing any sense of self control. 

You see, civilized people are capable of behaving without loosing self control. 

Unfortunately some uncivilized people can not & it seems that because of this you want to tar everyone with the same brush. 

OK , alcohol has no affect on you, although alcohol does have some affects on other people .

Anyway, this isnt about you anyway 

On 7/27/2020 at 3:26 PM, CorpusChristie said:

Its rather uncouth to take children to a swimming pool and then sit there drinking beers 

That must be the reason he got 'taxed' or I would say 'fined' !

9 hours ago, zoza said:

i went into a bar below the condo a few years ago, ok i was smashed i ordered a beer 

The wife followed me in and looked at the bin.... 750 baht The farang owner hung his head

low an American mate of his tried to make out it was a mix up with his bin.

The Thai bargirl was never the full shilling and at one point tried to tell people i fancied her

she eventually got dumped by her Farang boyfriend and got sacked from the bar but she was

still there for a year or so, but being happy go lucky i do wave to them as i go past.

for me the worst Farang tax is when you get taxed by another farang, have seen lots of them

at it.

Who will admit these at TVF!

Thank you for been so honest and unbiased, a very rare occurrence here at TVF

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

And pay cash for each drink.

Heard this before, farang orders beer, girl brings bottle to the table, farang or wife asks for a slip with price, farang pays instantly and insists that staff, there at the table/bar put a line through the amount and write in Thai PAID.  

WOW! Even a visit to a restaurant so complicated? Life is tough...

6 minutes ago, ravip said:

WOW! Even a visit to a restaurant so complicated? Life is tough...

You could see it that way, on the other hand I've met/heard of many farang who got cheated on bills so many times they changed to pay as you go.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You loose self control after 3 beers?

You are spouting some ridiculous puritan drivel.... 

You are spouting some ridiculous puritan drivel....

I like this sentence, for some reason I am not aware of.

6 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Bars are for drinking 

TVF is for discussion

Bikes are for riding 

Perfect.

But re TVF you need to explain more... ????

16 minutes ago, scorecard said:

You could see it that way, on the other hand I've met/heard of many farang who got cheated on bills so many times they changed to pay as you go.

Even in places that were once cheap and good (non-existent now), they would walk right up to your place at the bar and put a slip in your cup.  What they, and all their fellow carnies need to realize is that a high percentage of those with money, got that way, at least partially, by being good at accounting.  I know people that are more likely to buy a round for the bar, than they are to let some pirate overcharge them or miscalculate/pad a bill.  We Americans come from a tipping culture, and many have, at one time, earned tips.  I made a lot more delivering crappy Italian food for an Iranian guy, than most teaching gigs I have had..teaching Math, no less.  But, like many others, it is easy to break the tipping habit if you live here, and that is even after nights making 50 times their daily wage in the markets.  

Edited by moontang

29 minutes ago, moontang said:

Even in places that were once cheap and good (non-existent now), they would walk right up to your place at the bar and put a slip in your cup.  What they, and all their fellow carnies need to realize is that a high percentage of those with money, got that way, at least partially, by being good at accounting.  I know people that are more likely to buy a round for the bar, than they are to let some pirate overcharge them or miscalculate/pad a bill.  We Americans come from a tipping culture, and many have, at one time, earned tips.  I made a lot more delivering crappy Italian food for an Iranian guy, than most teaching gigs I have had..teaching Math, no less.  But, like many others, it is easy to break the tipping habit if you live here, and that is even after nights making 50 times their daily wage in the markets.  

WE English do not, as a rule tip anyone.

But, if we get outstanding service we will give a bit of dosh to show our gratitude.

I remember a 'lady of the night' in Spain once. I asked her how much, she replied ten euros. I said that was a bit expensive. She sarcastically then said, 9 euros, 99c. We did the bizzo, and she good, so good, I told her to keep the change.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

WE English do not, as a rule tip anyone.

But, if we get outstanding service we will give a bit of dosh to show our gratitude.

I remember a 'lady of the night' in Spain once. I asked her how much, she replied ten euros. I said that was a bit expensive. She sarcastically then said, 9 euros, 99p. We did the bizzo, and she was so good, I told her to keep the change.

Someone once told me "You English are ALL  cheap Charlies".     555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2020 at 5:02 PM, Puchaiyank said:

What?  You ARE joking, right?

His forum name is Corpus Christie, which might explain why he feels this uncouth. Have to say I've consumed a full lunch with wine whilst watching my grandkids swim (and their school is called Corpus Christi ????). Is that bad or worse behaviour?

The excellent, and virtually empty of visitors, dinosaur museum near Kalasin charges double for foreigners. Somewhat uncomfortable smiles from the  family as they explained this to me. And of course I was paying for everybody anyway. Nong Nooch Garden , Pattaya is the same, and I got the same uncomfortable smiles from family as I coughed up for us all. As is the quite small but excellent aquarium at Pattaya. 

What's become absurd  thanks to the abysmal exchange rate I get for my GB£ these the last 4 years is that the kind of Thais ( other than school groups where an educational discount is certainly appropriate ) who visit such places probably have incomes that exceed mine these days, well pre Covid anyway. Perhaps no job now????

11 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

His forum name is Corpus Christie, which might explain why he feels this uncouth. Have to say I've consumed a full lunch with wine whilst watching my grandkids swim (and their school is called Corpus Christi ????). Is that bad or worse behaviour?

When you lunch with Corpus Christi,  you must endure the whine with your meal...????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Bars are for drinking 

TVF is for discussion

Bikes are for riding 

Had many party invites lately?

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Don Mega said:

And yet many children are the result of alcohol !!

When my kid was 2, and mom was at high-school, I used to take him along to a hooker bar with me.

The moment we entered the bar, one of the girls would grab him, and he's be passed around for cuddles.

He'd sit with me a while, and have a sip or two of my beer, but he was a huge attraction for the ladies.

17 hours ago, CH1961 said:

Why not complain to the owner? 

Cowardly? 

Yep, I am a coward . You called it. Oh how one can dream to someday be a example such as yourself. To be able to stand and gaze in awe at your prowess and stamina, crushing your way thru as thais cower at your feet, begging for forgiveness... trying to get past all the ladies to seek an autograph, a true hero you are....

Meanwhile in the real world, in mine, and as others have stated, exp living here, which you may be aware or simply choose to be the bully in the room, arguing, or even having a confrontation, with a thai goes nowhere fast in a culture that puts the concept of "face" before compromise....quite a few threads in this very topic

I reviews I leave are the last resort as I do inquire about these issues and am met with denial and refusal, as I even stated previously that should they admit the fault I would in fact remove the review. enjoy your day.????