Worst examples of getting farang taxed

5 minutes ago, bodga said:

because every civilised person knows this is  the only way to deal with a bad  situation, thanks for the  tip, next time i get overcharged Ill dispense with the pleasantries and go straight for the machete, where do you suggest? arm leg or go straight for the  decapitation, saves time but messy?

That would be one way of handling the situation , although a much better way would be to go to the person and explain that you think that the bill is wrong and sort it out from there , no need to machetes 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Oldie said:

Whatever I order I will always check the price first. 

And pay cash for each drink.

Heard this before, farang orders beer, girl brings bottle to the table, farang or wife asks for a slip with price, farang pays instantly and insists that staff, there at the table/bar put a line through the amount and write in Thai PAID.  

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

Another recovering alcoholic who can't stand the thought of others having fun even if was only 3 beers 

Have as much fun as you like and drink as much as you want , I just think that if you take kids to the swimming pool , you should be keeping an eye on the kids making sure they dont drown , teaching them to swim or just swimming yourself , rather than sitting there knocking the drink back 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Have as much fun as you like and drink as much as you want , I just think that if you take kids to the swimming pool , you should be keeping an eye on the kids making sure they dont drown , teaching them to swim or just swimming yourself , rather than sitting there knocking the drink back 

Mum took him swimming. You make it sound like he was <deleted>faced. You need a drink by the sound of it,, lighten up dude 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I never buy anything, anywhere without seeing a printed price (on a Thai menu) first.

If it's not priced, I'm unlikely to buy it.

80bht is about my limit for a large beer, unless women's breasts are somehow involved in the transaction.

Got to keep a breast of the situation

• Haha 1

I never have this problem because I never handle money. When I'm with my wife, she has the money and she pays the bills. The only time I handle money is when I might have a day or two in Bangkok while in transit from Isaan to somewhere else. Because of Covid, I haven't actually handled money since 2nd March.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

3 beers??? Is not drunk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For heaven's sake ! How much do you reckon you were out of pocket ? No more than a few baht. If that's too much for you you then Thailand is not where you should be living. Find somehere else to whinge about.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

No, I dont think that alcohol  and children mix well .

Shouldn't be drinking whilst taking care of kids .

Not too nice to be in a swimming pool area with drunks either .

Well there’s the problem ‘you don’t think’ and clearly didn’t before posting ! 

Its time to stop judging the world by your flaws. People are perfectly capable of having a couple of cold ones without overdoing it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

That would be one way of handling the situation , although a much better way would be to go to the person and explain that you think that the bill is wrong and sort it out from there , no need to machetes 

Axe it is then