Worst examples of getting farang taxed

7 minutes ago, SteveK said:

He had three beers, he wasn't drunk. Sometimes you need a beer when you are taking care of someone else's brats. I know, I've been there.

My parents were always drunk when they were looking after me, that's why I'm like this.

Well you need a beer , not everyone else does 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 8

7 hours ago, Oldie said:

Whatever I order I will always check the price first. 

Agreed, and if you take a walk around Sukhumvit, you will notice the bars with the for sale signs often don't have prices posted..just part of the uninviting, uninspiring, unappealing ambiance.

• Confused 1

So, yeah, looks like you were overcharged. But this is hardly among the "worst" examples. Try going to a boxing match at Kawila (miltary base) in Chiang Mai. You get charged hundreds of baht (I forget the actual number) for being non-Thai, and so do your wife and kid. Admission for Thais is free. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

After paying, the partner asked the table next to us how much they paid for a beer - I’ve paid nearly double.

And the partner did nothing about that? Very nice, indeed!

• Thanks 1

i went into a bar below the condo a few years ago, ok i was smashed i ordered a beer 

The wife followed me in and looked at the bin.... 750 baht The farang owner hung his head

low an American mate of his tried to make out it was a mix up with his bin.

The Thai bargirl was never the full shilling and at one point tried to tell people i fancied her

she eventually got dumped by her Farang boyfriend and got sacked from the bar but she was

still there for a year or so, but being happy go lucky i do wave to them as i go past.

for me the worst Farang tax is when you get taxed by another farang, have seen lots of them

at it.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1