Hurricane Douglas not expected to reach Thailand

webfact

Hurricane Douglas not expected to reach Thailand

By The Nation

800_0f07b4c1cee47df.jpg?v=1595834082

Hurricane Douglas will weaken before reaching the Asean region, according to Chawalit Chantararat, a water management expert and president of consulting firm Team Group.

Hurricane Douglas formed in the Pacific Ocean with level 4 strength (the highest is 5) moving to the west and will reduce its strength to level 2 and then land on the shore, bringing heavy rain to the Hawaii Islands on Monday morning.

It is expected to gradually reduce in strength until it dissipates around August 1 in the Pacific Ocean, approximately 3,000 kilometres east of Taiwan, so it will not affect other countries in any way.

However, around August 3, a storm will form in the Gulf of Tonkin. Chawalit has asked people to follow weather news closely.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391998

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-27

13 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

A hurricane can never affect Thailand. It would change to typhoon long before it gets close to Thailand. 

A typhoon is the Asian name for a hurricane. In the USA they are called hurricanes, in Asia they are called typhoons.

I stand to be corrected if proved wrong. I like to go to bed wiser than when I woke up.

• Like 1

Just now, CGW said:

Guess I will have to put water in the pool again! This "rainy" season has everything but rain ????

Driest I recall in my 30+ years here - so far ????

Here in CM, torrential rain from 6pm yesterday until 10am this morning.

Including a 3hr power cut in the evening.

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Here in CM, torrential rain from 6pm yesterday until 10am this morning.

Including a 3hr power cut in the evening.

Lucky you :thumbsup:

A mere sprinkle here outside Udon that has evaporated already, aided & invigorated the humidity and "feel" miserable factor ???? 

Pardon me for asking. A water management expert says a hurricane won't not Thailand? Not a weatherperson?

If it's not going to happen, was there an expectation that it would? If there was no expectation, why is it even news? Hurricanes never hit Thailand and Douglas is not even a hurricane, it's a tropical storm, according to NOAA.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_cp2+shtml/144136.shtml?cone

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CGW said:

Guess I will have to put water in the pool again! This "rainy" season has everything but rain ????

Driest I recall in my 30+ years here - so far ????

Central region here Nakhon Pathom... apart from a couple of late afternoon showers we haven't had anything much to speak of.

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A typhoon is the Asian name for a hurricane. In the USA they are called hurricanes, in Asia they are called typhoons.

I stand to be corrected if proved wrong. I like to go to bed wiser than when I woke up.

Don't ask anyone called Fish ????????

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Hurricanes in the Atlantic, Typhoons in the Pacific and Cyclones in the Indian Ocean. Simples.