Covid-19: Thailand named best in the world in coronavirus pandemic recovery stats

webfact

9 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

"Covid-19: Thailand named best in the world in coronavirus pandemic recovery stats"

its a shame the UK doesn't recognise this ????

Christ I wouldn’t believe it also ,what rubbish stats lol????????????????

9 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

What do you think 2nd, 3rd and 4th waves will do in Europe or the US?

Well done Thailand !

I recent read that there is a possibillity that it are 10 waves....

It was not spoken what kind of waves, but either way everybody has been warned.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Logosone said:

What? But Papua New Guinea,  Burundi and Uganda have less deaths! How did they not get the crown?

So has Thailand having tested 0.4% of its population tested more than Papua New Guinea then?

Best in the world still complaining.

pffft

i remember in March you say Germany best in the world.

pfffft.

complain the mask, the trace app.

pfffft.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, johng said:

The lockdown and booze ban helped a little  bit with the road deaths but they still managed 30- 40 every day.

This third about covid, not road death. 

Want to compare?

research by a House of Commons Select Committee estimated that 34,100 deaths were attributable to obesity — 6.8 per cent of all deaths in England.

After reading 13 pages of this topic,thanks to the Thai bashes my PC is now infected with so much bull s..t Well done Thailand keep up the good work.

Edited by geoff65

10 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

What do you think 2nd, 3rd and 4th waves will do in Europe or the US?

Well done Thailand !

I'hope that you have a large bank account based in a western country (or a guaranteed pension/ retirement income) which allows you to live in comfort in Thailand due to the overall cost of living. 

If you are an expat working on an expat salary, I would be worried - once the economy crashes further, that expat salary may become a local salary (or the position goes away).

And I would be extremely surprised, if you were an employee in the tourism industry who lost his job and all of his income

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yinn said:

This third about covid, not road death. 

Want to compare?

research by a House of Commons Select Committee estimated that 34,100 deaths were attributable to obesity — 6.8 per cent of all deaths in England.

Compare the UK road deaths to Thailands ? No comparison.

I notice lots more Thais are overweight..most probably all that horrible foreign food ?...took my "ancient" American (overweight) friend to the local diabetes clinic there where a lot of patients there

don't worry we wore a mask.

• Like 1

Congrats but the leaders are living in a bubble comfortable with not caring where their next baht is coming but the longer it goes the countries funds will slowly be depleted with the economy intake.

There is very little testing nor are they ready for the second plus wave which will come once they have to let the outside world if they are lucky again a vaccine or better treatment for the virus arrives. Right now they don't have any real medical plans in place to address what is sure to come while their leaders brag and continue to blame foreigners.

3 hours ago, Logosone said:

Until you realise that 5700 deaths is 0.0553 of Sweden's population. That's a pretty low number.

And comparing a country of 10 million with one of 330 million will obviously make the smaller country look worse. It distorts the statistics.

Actually, counting deaths per million or per 100,000 accounts for the difference in size.  

But I agree with your point on the overall impact.  5,700 out of about 10 million is about 0.055% (0.0553 as in your post would be 5.5% and with a population of 10 million would be 550,000 dead Swedes)

In the USA, there are officially 2.1 million ACTIVE cases (based on tests) - there are 330 million residents, which means that more than 99% of the US population is not infected.  145,000 deaths equals to 0044% of the entire population.

Of course, everyone will say that the numbers would be much higher without lockdown - but with the USA being criticized for it lack of measures... oh well 

Anyone telling us that the unofficial figures of infection are 10 times as high is simply making an argument that the mortality is then 10 times lower.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Looking at the worldwide news everyday I am happy to be in Thailand with no or little Covid-19.

Many people complain about the government but I think especially in this case we have to say: Good job. Thanks.

And then there are all the Thai people who take this serious. Most were wearing masks right from the beginning. Nobody had to order the people to wear masks, they were smart enough to do it by themselves. Great.

And the economy? Obviously that is bad and it will continue to be bad for some time. Nobody likes that. But what's the alternative? Opening up the borders and inviting tourist in? How long will it take before they infect others? And then? Let it spread or shut down again? I think no international tourists is the best from all the bad options.

A lot of girls have their internet service cut off and cannot post to Facebook. You know the economy is bad when the women and men go home to isaan and are broke. But the wealthy Thais and retired expats are all safe, have shelter, money, food and booze and really that is all that matters. ????

13 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Congrats but the leaders are living in a bubble comfortable with not caring where their next baht is coming but the longer it goes the countries funds will slowly be depleted with the economy intake.

There is very little testing nor are they ready for the second plus wave which will come once they have to let the outside world if they are lucky again a vaccine or better treatment for the virus arrives. Right now they don't have any real medical plans in place to address what is sure to come while their leaders brag and continue to blame foreigners.

They better hope for a quick vaccine in which case the strategy might work. Without it there are going to be hard times closing down everything and waiting for the virus to disappear, which could never happen. Can't keep the country closed forever but they can't let the virus in either because that would mean loss of credibility and face. Only time will tell.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

"Covid-19: Thailand named best in the world in coronavirus pandemic recovery stats"

its a shame the UK doesn't recognise this ????

Agree. I sent data to my UK MP to show Thailand's status, pushing for UK quarantine exclusion. If enough people complain maybe we can get it changed. It's worth a try.

36 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

A lot of girls have their internet service cut off and cannot post to Facebook. You know the economy is bad when the women and men go home to isaan and are broke. But the wealthy Thais and retired expats are all safe, have shelter, money, food and booze and really that is all that matters. ????

A good friend owns a few bars in Bangkok. He had many long time employees and he was always fair with them. After the enforced closing of the bars for a few months he and the managers called the girls up country to come back to work. Some came back. But many decided they will stay up country.

It seems to me that many Thais are flexible about their work. If they don't get work in place A then they try B and C. Good!

And I know that times are bad for many people. And some of us try to help the people in need. My point in my previous post was that I don't think opening up the country to tourists would make the situation long term any better. Look at Spain and the UK as examples. 

Good to know it.

Thanks to:

1-Government's speedy decisive  moves to contain  Corona Virus. 

2-The reasoned population  willing to wear face masks and accept body temperature check on demand.

3-Easy access to affordable masks often made by individual tailors applying own skills to produce them.

4-The tropical  gift to Thailand; high temperature, humidity, and strong UV, all what C/Virus hates.

2 is particularly  the attitude the west should copy during this critical period of time.

Freedom of not wearing face masks inside the indoor  public place  is just an abuse of freedom to spread the disease.

DSCN8552.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1