Covid-19: Thailand named best in the world in coronavirus pandemic recovery stats

webfact

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

Thank goodness for that. Muzzles do more harm than good and belong on dogs, not people. The sooner we break the habit the better.

You're lucky ThaiVisa doesn't have a CV misinformation policy like Facebook, Twitter or YouTube do... otherwise, your misinformation would already have been, and should already have been, disappeared.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Actually apparently there is or was a video just out of front line US doctors literally screaming out that they have had enough and that they have tested and treated patience with no deaths using Hydroxychloroquine with zinc and Azithromycin, they are going against the grain, e.g. the government pulling it off of the shelves and threatening to take away their licenses based on previous studies, however those studies showed that the patients were administered 2,400mils of it as opposed to 200mils twice a week, in other words the toxicity basically killed the patients because they were given loaded doses x 10 times what they should have been given, they also stated that if given when in the early stages the success rate is the highest.

I will put the link in link that now says it was fake news and hope the mods don't remove it like Facebook and others have done, I mean these are qualified doctors who treated patients who are going against the mainstream media and governments and treating patients successfully, so it's from the horse's mouth, not the governments, so there is a cure according to these doctors, after all why has Trump been taking it for so long, and why did he retweet the video so many times until Facebook, Twitter and Youtube took it down, I have never know news to ever be taken down before COVID, so free speech is out is it, well it appears so, so don't believe what doctors say, only governments right, yes let's wait for the vaccine, but what about those who don't want it, are we to be forced to take it ?

Fortunately for me, I bookmarked the video and can send it to you in a PM if you want, to make up your own mind as opposed to it being removed here on TVF, I found it to be very convincing with doctors becoming quite emotional about saving lives as opposed to allowing them to be killed off.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/28/tech/facebook-youtube-coronavirus/index.html

For the love of Christ, this is how the idiocy of sick misinformation gets spread relentlessly.  Can anyone of even the most modest intelligence not see that these people are gatherings of loonies, whose only purpose is to be exploited by America's Loony in Chief in continuing to kill American citizens?

• Confused 2

Well,
That has kept the country closed for another 3 months. More news saying 'staying closed is good news.'
The country is going to suffer as the Government will undoubtedly use this as a political win and gain to the population, that is running out of money and sustainable economy.

After a bit of digging I found this CGI.

"The GCI, developed by PEMADU Associates, in cooperation with the Ministry of Science and Innovations of Malaysia (MOSTI) and the Sunway Group, have used a big data system in the scoring and ranking of 184 countries facing the pandemic.

70% of the score comes from the fatalities from COVID-19 in each country as a proportion of the population, and the remaining 30% comes from the scores from Global Health Security (GHS), initiated and developed by John Hopkins University, to assess the readiness of each country to cope with the pandemic."

The report is here https://covid19.pemandu.org/

8 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

"Covid-19: Thailand named best in the world in coronavirus pandemic recovery stats"

its a shame the UK doesn't recognise this ????

What practical difference does it make?  If Thais go to UK it's difficult for them to return. Whilst very few Brits currently allowed in here and conditions for doing so as for all non Thai even more onerous than for Thais.  At least the EU has recognised that Thailand is a Covid safe country but no practical benefit comes from it in either direction that I can see.

Thailand has always  as far as I know offered visa exempt 30 day tourist entry for UK and EU countries. This has never been reciprocated. They still consider Thailand a third world country, the true purpose and means of support of any Thai visitor even as tourists vetted although I do wonder for how much longer the UK will be considered first world the way things are going there politically and economically.

we have low levels here from govt statistics,theres a very very low level of testing,its hard to locate, time consuming and expensive.why?govt dont want it done.simple answer to that,adopting a north korea type solution in regards to isolation and then allowing in cheap labour is a contrary response.those cheap labour countries are a big risk so it appears hypocritical except money is the reason whilst at the same time many have no jobs.so eventually even thailand will have to open up and then....?the levels of xenophobia and racism are extraordinary even by thai standards.is this a solution,no.a lessening of the paranoia is a good start and the racist rhetoric,test people incoming at airport and let them stay at home for quarantine.send people round to do temp checks,make sure theyre at home and do tests.many countries do this successfully and the hotel scam can be ditched as thats what it is plain and simple another dive into the corruption trough they cant help themselves.theres plenty of money out there, go and get it.military budgets and people in high places have it.no more do the unemployed get a 5000 b payment,soon that will spill out ,so many businesses gone to the wall,small and med sized ones and hotels restaurants are dropping like flies,again no govt help,so this is the cost of paranoia and lets be honest lies with a political backdrop.a combination of political oppression higher unemployment and poverty will force people to act.even the zombies who will probably play lets find a foreigner to blame just like govts told them.loosen up with intelligence is the name of the game,not corruption deceit and racism.its the person on the street that sees their future and livelihood disappearing down the drain.many are realising that now and the govt isnt interested hence the political oppression

37 minutes ago, rabang said:

I would accept that Thailand has probably done a good job in suppressing the virus in the last few months but not before that. Only a total fool would believe the official figures with the lack of testing. With such varying testing amounts and statistics in different countries the real figures are often a guessing game. The problem with Thailand's approach is that the government has created a bubble of success that must be protected from bursting by any means necessary, ie. keeping the borders closed indefinitely, which could lead to an economic meltdown. Other countries, while epidemiologically in a worse situation are trying to open up and keep the infections moderate but going on with their lives. Italy and Sweden were labelled as basket cases some months ago and paid a heavy price with many deaths but in both countries curves are going steadily down and they have opened up.

The only thing you are posting here is that the rest of the world is a bunch of fools and you are the one that knows best. 

Do you know what that is called? Answer: Hubris

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

Until you realise that 5700 deaths is 0.0553 of Sweden's population. That's a pretty low number.

And comparing a country of 10 million with one of 330 million will obviously make the smaller country look worse. It distorts the statistics.

Your still beating that drum for Sweden I see.  The numbers your posting when you look at overall population are not what you make it out to be.  You might want to read an article that points out that they have no idea about herd immunity, but there infection rate or R number has dropped to 0.6.  Still when you look at there small total population in comparison to the US they are statistically worse when it comes to Covid infections.  Everyone screams about the US having such a high number but the truth is it is a small percentage of the total population.. 

https://www.euronews.com/2020/07/28/sweden-s-coronavirus-spread-slows-but-immunity-still-a-puzzle

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, LiveKiss said:

And China, a country that has been in touch with Western medicine for less than 50 years, led the Western world in this Covid response with lock-downs, masks and all..
Something doesn't sound right.. right?

Don't know what you are trying to achieve but China had plenty of previous experience in dealing with Cornavirus from the SARs in 2003 something that the rest of the world didn't experience. 

As Winston Churchill once said, never trust statistics you haven doctored yourself! I agree, Thailand has done very, very well. But... how many people are being tested there in comparison to other countries? You can't just go anywhere and get a CV-19 test for free... it costs THB 5000 so who does it? Free tests are only for very sick and very old people so hardly representative.

1 minute ago, ian007 said:

As Winston Churchill once said, never trust statistics you haven doctored yourself! I agree, Thailand has done very, very well. But... how many people are being tested there in comparison to other countries? You can't just go anywhere and get a CV-19 test for free... it costs THB 5000 so who does it? Free tests are only for very sick and very old people so hardly representative.

Counting deaths is free. There is a strong correlation so can work it backwards. Does anybody know anyone even in your village or distant family and all there friends? 

I know of one and indirectly through a credible source with hospital pic. A sex worker on thai friendly 

If you come down south to Nakhon Si Thamarrat and the other towns like Pak Phanang, not many people wear masks anymore. They only wear them in the shop because they have to and won't get in to shop around. Like Tesco, Seven and the malls. Otherwise it is as if there is no virus now. My wife went to Bangkok from last Thursday to this Monday and said everyone she had seen there were wearing a mask, so the big cities may be different up north, but not here, nobody wears one anymore, but only in the shop.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bstafford214 said:

If you come down south to Nakhon Si Thamarrat and the other towns like Pak Phanang, not many people wear masks anymore. They only wear them in the shop because they have to and won't get in to shop around. Like Tesco, Seven and the malls. Otherwise it is as if there is no virus now. My wife went to Bangkok from last Thursday to this Monday and said everyone she had seen there were wearing a mask, so the big cities may be different up north, but not here, nobody wears one anymore, but only in the shop.

BKK masks long time already due to pollution so not unusual 

It feels weird to read people who admit they have not been impressed by the government's performance in any areas suddenly grasping at the straw that Covid deaths and cases are low. Why would a government not good at economics, finance, trade etc., be suddenly fantastic at health care? The clues may be in low testing, especially in rural areas. To paraphrase Trump, if you don't test you don't get Covid cases. Perhaps it is the comparison with road deaths, where numbers are managed by only counting on-scene deaths, and now only counting Covid deaths in hospitals.

Something smells fishy in the state of Denmark methinks.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, oobar said:

For the love of Christ, this is how the idiocy of sick misinformation gets spread relentlessly.  Can anyone of even the most modest intelligence not see that these people are gatherings of loonies, whose only purpose is to be exploited by America's Loony in Chief in continuing to kill American citizens?

I hope you are not talking about the Dr's who have come out going against the mainstream media, because if you believe those in power who are actually killing Americans then you are one with blinkers on who cannot see sideways, blinded by the media which is owned by and controlled by the elite who feed them what to say and the same things, words for words are spread around on mainstream media.

Good on the Dr's for taking a stand to think outside the square and report what is actually happening out there, not want the governments, the media and big pharma want you to believe, I suppose the cigarette companies didn't lie to us when they knew cigarettes cause cancer, Monsanto lied how many times about various things, do I need to go on, oh yeh, then there was weapons of mass destruction NOT.

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Looking at the worldwide news everyday I am happy to be in Thailand with no or little Covid-19.

Many people complain about the government but I think especially in this case we have to say: Good job. Thanks.

And then there are all the Thai people who take this serious. Most were wearing masks right from the beginning. Nobody had to order the people to wear masks, they were smart enough to do it by themselves. Great.

And the economy? Obviously that is bad and it will continue to be bad for some time. Nobody likes that. But what's the alternative? Opening up the borders and inviting tourist in? How long will it take before they infect others? And then? Let it spread or shut down again? I think no international tourists is the best from all the bad options.

So you are putting all foreigners in the same basket that every one is contaminated. What a fool you are. What %age of thais have been tested bearing in mind it costs 7000thb for a test ? So the figures will be manipulated as usual, also how come Thailand are the only country that mentions these figures ? Why have Australia and other countries gone down in the rankings, just typical of the thai government, bs bs bs

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Irrelevant. Untested deaths would appear in the excess deaths statistic, approx 2% for Thailand as opposed to 43% in the UK

Thailand (1 Mar - 31 May)

The number of deaths in Thailand has been 2% higher than average, with about 2,400 more people dying than usual.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-53073046

Don't forget to factor in the lack of roadkill deaths during the lockdown ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Don't forget to factor in the lack of roadkill deaths during the lockdown ????

The lockdown and booze ban helped a little  bit with the road deaths but they still managed 30- 40 every day.

14 minutes ago, dougiemac52 said:

So you are putting all foreigners in the same basket that every one is contaminated. What a fool you are. What %age of thais have been tested bearing in mind it costs 7000thb for a test ? So the figures will be manipulated as usual, also how come Thailand are the only country that mentions these figures ? Why have Australia and other countries gone down in the rankings, just typical of the thai government, bs bs bs

"What a fool you are" Watch your language!

Recently there were two infected foreigners in Bangkok and in Rayong. According to the news everybody who was near them got a free test. And the Thai authorities traced where the infected people went.

As far as I know currently everybody who arrives in Thailand has to go to quarantine. That makes sense. 

Would tourists want to go for two weeks in quarantine? I doubt it.

I don't know how accurate the Thai numbers are. But I am pretty sure that if there were more cases and more dead people we would hear about busy hospitals, etc. With social media it's difficult to keep all the news under control. But it seem no nurses or doctors want to tell us that there are a lot more Covid cases. Maybe because there are not more cases...

• Like 2