questioned at bus station

Harveyboy

hey there just wondering if any other farang are feeling a little singled out here as far as traveling  ok im all for security and and safety but  felt uncomfortable today at the bus station  first of all im a Farang married got 2 kids not been out of Thailand for 12 months  just been down to jomtien   to do some decorating no partying bloody work ha ...any way last week when i arrived i decided to book my return ticket for today the guy sees me get off the bus i went to the counter to book ticket   Passport photocopy required   first time ...but ok gave him passport  then today  when  arrived  there were about 20   people sitting down ..the guy from the counter came to me ..just me said can i see your ticket again unusual but gave him it then he came back with a form said i need all your details  arrival ..flight number where you go where you been and a passport  WHY i said  covid he replied..now ive told him not been out of the country in 1 year what the F is this about gave him all he asked for  but after sitting there a while i went to the desk and asked  did all the other people here fill in these forms you say are for travel safely with covid  No he said just you Only Farang  i told him i wanted to take a photo of the document he was reluctant but finally let me   this is not right can! this really be legal Being tracked like dogs if i was not  in the position of having a wife and kids here they could shove their anti nasty farang attitude where the sun don't shine  anyone else had an experience like this for me its a first and i bloody didn't like it

• Like 1

A few weeks ago I was made to sit outside a Home Shop store as I was a foreigner, while my wife shopped inside and had to send me photos of potential purchases. The fact that I hadn't been out of the country for weeks made no difference. "You farang." Pathetic.

They've just begun building a Global House opposite, so hopefully they'll be forced out of business. I wonder how many staff will have the forethought to apply for jobs at GH before they lose their job at HS....

• Haha 1

We have to get card registered on Skytrain and MRT in order to add credit.
Have to fill out and sign forms at 2 hospitals i use with many details before seeing a doctor.

That's not just because I am a farang.

Sympathise with the discrimination in this OP case, Unfortunately these things may become the norm. 

Edited by jojothai
spelling

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A few weeks ago I was made to sit outside a Home Shop store as I was a foreigner, while my wife shopped inside and had to send me photos of potential purchases. The fact that I hadn't been out of the country for weeks made no difference. "You farang." Pathetic.

What wonder what they'd have done if your wife had spent a significant amount and then, at the checkout, had said "My husband, the pi55'd oph foreigner you've forced to sit outside, is paying".

I know what I'd  have done if I was that foreigner.

In fact, in those circumstances, I think I'd have encouraged my wife to 'buy' things, knowing full well I had no intention of paying for them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

Or just walked in and ignored the staff. 

I think that is a good option.

Now from time to time when people try to check my temperature I just walk through and tell them "mai pen lai". I never had anybody stop me and telling me I can't do that.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

anyone else had an experience like this for me its a first and i bloody didn't like it

Yes. We checked into a Bangkok hotel we had never used before.

Our usual hotel just gives us the key and a wai and thats all because we are such frequent guests.

But with this new hotel we were given the third degree and had to prove that neither of us had left the country recently.

Wife nearly lost it but the guy was polite and apologetic so she managed to hold it together.

as long as they are polite it doesn't bother me.

42 minutes ago, thejcb said:

Or just put up with it. That's what I would have done.  I wouldn't have cared.  It's a different world in Thailand so why you all think we should behave in the same stupid way you would have in England. Eg. Complained, Moaned, Shouted etc... which gets you nowhere.  

I have no idea why you all think it makes a difference

Because no one here has been anywhere and if they had and just returned they would have been through quarantine and ok already. See? It is Xenophobic and highlights us foreigners in a bad taste way. More Thai have that darn virus coming back to Thailand than any race.

All they should have done was made him check in via scan or name and telephone number like all the Thai do. Period!

15 minutes ago, madmen said:

Yep, flew from Sydney to gold coast few weeks back and literally got interrogated and I'm a citizen! 

This isn't going to end well, pushing citizens around like this. Luckily no one takes any notice of the government or the police in the UK????

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They've just begun building a Global House opposite, so hopefully they'll be forced out of business. I wonder how many staff will have the forethought to apply for jobs at GH before they lose their job at HS....

Were you too hot ....

regards worgeordie

39 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Because no one here has been anywhere and if they had and just returned they would have been through quarantine and ok already. See? It is Xenophobic and highlights us foreigners in a bad taste way. More Thai have that darn virus coming back to Thailand than any race.

All they should have done was made him check in via scan or name and telephone number like all the Thai do. Period!

I've followed all the rules at shops ect temp ..hand gel..bar code scan   no problems with that but the guy came over sat by me amongst passengers who had just arrived  No check no gel no scan  when i asked was it only me who had to fill in this very long winded form  he ..exact words  yes Farang on this form were airline details arrival departure  flight numbers..bit much for a bus station check i thought   as i dsid i told him i wanted a copy  eventually i got a photo ill get the wife to look at it more when i get back find out why..   they already took a photo copy of my passport when i bought my ticket now the have a copy of my Thai identify card   

54 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

The Egyptian soldier, Sudanese girl, Estonian diplomat are just 3 cases in the last few weeks, who escaped quarantine after entering Thailand. Two of them later tested positive for Covid.

Edited by saakura

7 minutes ago, saakura said:

The Egyptian soldier, Sudanese girl, Estonian diplomat are just 3 cases in the last few weeks, who escaped quarantine after entering Thailand. Two of them later tested positive for Covid.

Oh no close down the country again for 3 cases.

15 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

I've followed all the rules at shops ect temp ..hand gel..bar code scan   no problems with that but the guy came over sat by me amongst passengers who had just arrived  No check no gel no scan  when i asked was it only me who had to fill in this very long winded form  he ..exact words  yes Farang on this form were airline details arrival departure  flight numbers..bit much for a bus station check i thought   as i dsid i told him i wanted a copy  eventually i got a photo ill get the wife to look at it more when i get back find out why..   they already took a photo copy of my passport when i bought my ticket now the have a copy of my Thai identify card   

Complete racist uneducated nonsense. I would have told him to bite me.

42 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Were you too hot ....

regards worgeordie

No. I was simply a foreigner (wearing a mask) who might have gone to Europe to bring the virus back to Thailand. I haven't been to Europe since 2017, but that didn't matter. Thailand is full of very ignorant people with zero common sense, and that is very frustrating.