90 day reporting refused at I O .

Hi there

wonder if someone can clarify the paperwork, visa, etc, needed for a 90 day report, in person at local immigration office

Turned up this morning with passport, copies of visa page and main page, photo and then filled in the TM 47 form as directed in office

goes to desk when my turn, pass all the papers, etc, through to I O. 

She takes one look at my annual retirement visa, which , due to holidays, virus, was issued in Jomtien, rather than my home town of Nakhon Phanom ,then started to complain about the visa, saying Pattaya, not here. Then she pushes my paperwork back across the desk and tells me i need Thai person to fill in another form, The form is for House master, owner or possessor 

I showed her the immigration site, which only show the TM 47, passport, etc, with no mention of needing thai 

She refused to explain why, and just walked away and called the next person

The next person was a falang friend, who managed to get someone to fill in the TM 47 for him, but has no copies, no photo, etc, but had a visa again from Jomtien. Np [roblems for him, no additional forms, juyst a quick stamp and done

Question

Is there any requirement for the Thai person to fill in forms for a 90 day report ?

Is there any requirement for someone to renew their annual visa in their home province ?

If i don't have thai lady, how can i get thai to fill in the additional forms

Can i go to another province , with new address, and do my 90 day there ?

Thanks for any advice, 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Just a passport.

But if you tried to do it at the wrong office, one you are not registered with due to where you live, you will have problems.   

This was at my local immigration office, so should have been no problems

Seems they don't like you getting a visa in another province , so then be awkward on the 90 day report

But could not understand why my mate got his, without much bother 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

When you did the extension at Jomtien that changed you address to there.

Immigration is wanting a TM30 form to change your address back to Nakhon Phanom .

thats what i thought, but my friend, who got same extension in Jomtien, had no problem getting his 90 day

They  have my address on file, for the last 5 plus years, so seems stupid to have to re register my address, but as so often it seems they are unable to use the computer to check my status 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

When you did the extension at Jomtien that changed you address to there.

Immigration is wanting a TM30 form to change your address back to Nakhon Phanom .

But no address was asked for, or given in Jomtien 

And why would this only apply to me, not the other falangs ? 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

But no address was asked for, or given in Jomtien 

What address was on the TM7 application form you completed.

5 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

And why would this only apply to me, not the other falangs ? 

Maybe they had already had a T30 form submitted before.

1.  You obtained an extension of stay making Jomtien your new home.

2.  House owner in Nakhon Phanom should have filed a TM30 when you returned to make it your new(old) home.

3.  Now that form needs to be filed and then you can then file 90 day report as staying there.

4.  You friend likely had a current TM30 on computer file.

5.  They may let you file the TM30 but may require ID and home register and there could also be a fine involved.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

What address was on the TM7 application form you completed.

Maybe they had already had a T30 form submitted before.

TM7 ? filled in TM 47 only

And no, the old falang has never filled any paperwork to get his 90 day, this was the first time in over 8 years  he had to do it, with the staff filling it in for him

1 minute ago, Joinaman said:

TM7 ? filled in TM 47 only

You had to of completed a TM7 form in Jomtien when you applied for your new extension of stay (it is not a visa) there.

You wrote this. 

40 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

She takes one look at my annual retirement visa, which , due to holidays, virus, was issued in Jomtien,

A TM47 form is only  for 90 day reports.

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

1.  You obtained an extension of stay making Jomtien your new home.

2.  House owner in Nakhon Phanom should have filed a TM30 when you returned to make it your new(old) home.

3.  Now that form needs to be filed and then you can then file 90 day report as staying there.

4.  You friend likely had a current TM30 on computer file.

5.  They may let you file the TM30 but may require ID and home register and there could also be a fine involved.

If he possibly has one on file, why do i not have one ?  I have done my 90 day reporting for the last 5 plus years there

He gets his extension every year in Jomtien, while on holiday, but has never filled any forms in, never provided copies or photos either

why would there be a fine involved ? 

I D from whom ? , \

Home register ?

They have many maps to find house, have many many papers with my address on , all they need to do is look on their computer to find all this 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You had to of completed a TM7 form in Jomtien when you applied for your new extension of stay (it is not a visa) there.

You wrote this. 

A TM47 form is only  for 90 day reports.

Nope, never filled in a  TM7 form, never seen one 

the form i was given by I O has no number on 

I always fill in the TM47 when applying for 90 day reporting 

So do i need copies of passport, copy of visa, photos, or do i just walk in with a passport like my friend does ?

• Confused 1

Any home housing a foreigner must report that presence to immigration (TM.30 if using paper form).  Failure to comply involves a fine.  It has nothing to to with 90 day reports and is something we must be sure our landlords take care of or there can be immigration issues.  

House owner ID

House Blue Book

This is not 90 day reporting but a separate requirement.

Edit:  often house owners are not aware of this as it was only strictly enforced at hotels until last several years - so expect they will ask you to pay any fine.  You were likely reported by place you stayed in Jomtien so that would be what, if anything, is on file for you.

Edited by lopburi3

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Any home housing a foreigner must report that presence to immigration (TM.30 if using paper form).  Failure to comply involves a fine.  It has nothing to to with 90 day reports and is something we must be sure our landlords take care of or there can be immigration issues.  

House owner ID

House Blue Book

This is not 90 day reporting but a separate requirement.

thanks, but they already have my address on file

And why does it only apply to me, not others ?

I thought they had done away with the TM 30 reporting, every time you stayed at a different address due to the problems with absentee landlords and things

so can i take the blue book, ID card and go back on my own ? even though i cannot see anywhere on the form requesting these ?

8 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

So do i need copies of passport, copy of visa, photos, or do i just walk in with a passport like my friend does ?

For doing 90-day reporting, 'some' Immigration offices will accept just presenting a passport to initiate and complete the process (if they are not also checking your bank balance).

The issue you have is acquiring an extension-of-stay from an Immigration Office where you don't reside. If your local I/O notices the out-of-area stamp, they're supposed to redirect you to filing the 90-day report with the office you acquired your original extension. 

• Like 2

They have eased the TM30 reporting - it is still required but not for every temp move.  You probably have not had any made for your current address (as said it has nothing to do with 90 day reports or other reports of your address).  As for what is required that is a local call so you need to ask immigration - normally best to have landlord do the reporting if possible but some offices allow person living there to call themselves the housemaster.  Have no clue what your office may require.  And this applies to everyone - not just you.  You have been found out because you obtained an extension of stay in another province, by saying you were resident there but now want to say you are resident somewhere else.  There is an online system to do this so home owner would not have to visit immigration to report you if that will help.

2 minutes ago, RichCor said:

For doing 90-day reporting, 'some' Immigration offices will accept just presenting a passport to initiate and complete the process (if they are not also checking your bank balance).

The issue you have is acquiring an extension-of-stay from an Immigration Office where you don't reside. If your local I/O notices the out-of-area stamp, they're supposed to redirect you to filing the 90-day report with the office you acquired your original extension. 

Thanks

But what happens if your not in your own province when the extension is due ? 

And what happens when you move house to another province  after getting the extension ?

Our I O seem to make up the rules as they go along, different officers have different requirements, even when you show the actual rules from their immigration site, they often refuse to accept it and say they work to different rules

For the online 90 reporting, if having left the country and returned, must the first 90 day report be in person to I O, and then future reports can be online ? All I have been getting when trying online is a pop up telling me to see my local I O 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

They have eased the TM30 reporting - it is still required but not for every temp move.  You probably have not had any made for your current address (as said it has nothing to do with 90 day reports or other reports of your address).  As for what is required that is a local call so you need to ask immigration - normally best to have landlord do the reporting if possible but some offices allow person living there to call themselves the housemaster.  Have no clue what your office may require.  And this applies to everyone - not just you.  You have been found out because you obtained an extension of stay in another province, by saying you were resident there but now want to say you are resident somewhere else.  There is an online system to do this so home owner would not have to visit immigration to report you if that will help.

Thanks

I was not asked for an address in Jomtien/Pattaya, they knew i was from Isaan, and there on holiday

have done TM 30 many times before they eased off them, when travelling out of the country and back

Does the TM 30 form actually say the number on the form, like the TM47 does ? I cannot see this number anywhere on the forms she gave me

Thanks Again

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Thanks Lopburi3

That's the one i was given, but could not see TM30 on it anywhere

Cannot see anything about ID card, house book either 

Have reported for TM30 after leaving country many times, till this year, but the staff always filled in the form for me before

Will fill it in and go back, ( another 100k round trip) and see what they say, but will choose a different officer next time, think i upset the last one asking too many questions that she would not, or could not answer

If worst comes to worst, i could always go back to report in Jomtien, and have a few days holidays at the same time 

But, i believe we still have an amnesty till end of August for 90 day reporting ?

just do it online, if cannot, do it by mail, no need to see them face to face, if you stilll have the need to see them face to face try another day, she probably on PMS that day, i have seen this many time when i do my 90days, rejecting people for no reason,  just because they don't like the way the farang looks or what ever their reason.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

But, i believe we still have an amnesty till end of August for 90 day reporting ?

Exact conditions do not seem clear yet but that appears to be a safe bet.

The ID card/house book might be required if they allowed you to make the report rather than homeowner - but if you have done previously with just the forms filled out that should be all you need at your office.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, clorox said:

just do it online, if cannot, do it by mail, no need to see them face to face, if you stilll have the need to see them face to face try another day, she probably on PMS that day, i have seen this many time when i do my 90days, rejecting people for no reason,  just because they don't like the way the farang looks or what ever their reason.

Thanks Clorox

will go back next week when i go shopping, with another staff, and see what happens

But its very hard to stay fairly polite, when they do what they did today, refuse me, but accept my old mate 

1 hour ago, Joinaman said:

Nope, never filled in a  TM7 form, never seen one 

So how were you able to obtain your latest extension, then? Are you really certain that you didn't complete any form as per the one linked below prior to submitting your application at Jomtien?

http://www.immigrationbangkok.com/files/visa_forms/tm7.pdf

If you didn't, then many congratulations on achieving the totally impossible on that particular occasion!

Edited by OJAS

36 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

But what happens if your not in your own province when the extension is due ? 

Well, basically you can't go swanning around Thailand to your heart's content when your next extension is due! By hook or by crook you need to be in your own province at that time. That's life for us non-immigrants here in LOS, I'm afraid.

Edited by OJAS

1 minute ago, OJAS said:

So how were you able to obtain your latest extension, then? Are you really certain that you didn't complete any form as per the one linked below?

I hope nobody tries to use that form since it the old form that was done away with 3 years ago. Note that site is not a official immigration website. This is new TM7 form. Fillable TM7 form.pdf

4 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Well, basically you can't go swanning around Thailand to your heart's content when your next extension is due! By hook or by crook you need to be in your own province at that time. That's life for us non-immigrants here in LOS, I'm afraid.

you have the right to be anywhere in the country you please and can be extend at any office you please, its not about you, it is the temperment of that IO that particular day