Heavy rain forecast across Thailand for next five days

snoop1130

Heavy rain forecast across Thailand for next five days

By The Nation

800_9ece636646421b9.jpg

The Thai Meteorological Department has forecast heavy rain showers in almost every part of Thailand between July 31 and August 4.

It said the low-pressure cell over South China Sea is intensifying and is expected to develop into a tropical depression before it moves northwest to the coast of south China. This will bring heavy to very heavy rain in some places in the North, Northeast, Central, East and South of Thailand for five days from July 31 onwards.

People living in high-risk areas should be aware of severe conditions and stay tuned for weather updates, it said.

The southwest monsoon prevailing over the Andaman Sea and Gulf of Thailand will strengthen, with Andaman and the upper Gulf getting two to three-metre high waves and thundershowers. Ships have been warned to proceed with caution, while smaller boats have been advised to remain ashore.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392167

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-30

11 hours ago, Admiral Hornblower said:

Promises, promises! The Met Office has been promising rain here in Hua Hin for weeks now, the outcome, one or two light showers.

Well I'm very close to you 25km away South  and wev'e  had  plenty of  rain in the last month.

• Thanks 1

Incredible the air in Thailand is breathable this time if year for the most part. It's really a very beautiful country for 6 months of the year without the horrendous air pollution and toxic 2.5 PM levels caused by crop burning business model that the multinational Sino/Thai agro cartels take advantage of to increase profits at the detriment of millions of poor peasants. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bodga said:

Well I'm very close to you 25km away South  and wev'e  had  plenty of  rain in the last month.

Yes, the problem in Hua Hin seems to be the hills. I watch black clouds bubble up all morning only to see them drift away, either to Pattaya or down to you.........:smile:

Every day my weather shows good chance of rain in morning.  When morning comes—good chance for rain in afternoon.  And when afternoon comes—good chance for rain in the evening.

No rain at all.

On 7/30/2020 at 6:28 PM, Admiral Hornblower said:

Promises, promises! The Met Office has been promising rain here in Hua Hin for weeks now, the outcome, one or two light showers.

NamNao, Really Heavy rain 4Days over 2 weeks.

12 hours ago, Venom said:

Incredible the air in Thailand is breathable this time if year for the most part. It's really a very beautiful country for 6 months of the year without the horrendous air pollution and toxic 2.5 PM levels caused by crop burning business model that the multinational Sino/Thai agro cartels take advantage of to increase profits at the detriment of millions of poor peasants. 

I'm sorry to disagree with you, but there are many parts of the country, including where I live in the lower north, where the air is breathable for most of the year. I sympathize with those who live in the areas where farmers burn rice stubble and other vegetation left after harvest. The agri businesses are indeed complicit in this problem. We are fortunate to live next to a large river where there is always a breeze to keep the air clear.

22 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Big ships are advised to be careful, small boats are advised to stay ashore. Not sure if the ships or boats understand the advise, as they are inanimate, but perhaps the crews will....

as they say its not the size of your dinghy its the motion of the ocean.....ahoy mateys! swab the poopdeck!

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 10:29 AM, Venom said:

Yes, our Xiaomi air purifiers have stayed at 001 PM2.5 since rains started. Hard to burn sugar cane when it's wet.

The pollution will be back like clockwork when dry season starts. 

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1