Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Ordering from Amazon US

warcy

I ordered an item from Amazon US last month that arrived no problems, it was sent DHL which came through within a week. I had a package delivered by DHL from the UK last month too.

• Thanks 1

I quite regularly order from Amazon US/UK with no problems whatsoever.   Excellent tracking information and the cost is inclusive of any calculated Thai import taxes.   It's not unusual for a few weeks after a delivery, I get a refund from Amazon of some of the import charges.   I use PayPal from my Thai bank account, which with the current exchange rate makes for some real bargains.

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

I quite regularly order from Amazon US/UK with no problems whatsoever.   Excellent tracking information and the cost is inclusive of any calculated Thai import taxes.   It's not unusual for a few weeks after a delivery, I get a refund from Amazon of some of the import charges.   I use PayPal from my Thai bank account, which with the current exchange rate makes for some real bargains.

Can you link Paypal with saving accounts instead of a credit card? 

Amazon has no issues sending stuff, the prices for shipping are a little bit more expensive than they used to be pre-covid but there is one main difference

I bought several things from Amazon in the past and normally if the value was under 1500 baht with shipping there were no Thai import taxes or duties but since they shut it down (international shipping was down for a bit and then put back)

it is not the case anymore, now every single little thing comes with a tax+duty charge, I even contacted support and asked about it they acted like it was normal even when i showed them the customs site

it's not all that much and not a major problem if you don't order a lot of things but it adds up quite quickly and shouldn't even be there.

I bought this before for $27.58 and now the same thing costs $40.29

1.PNG.ba583ee43bc3570548fd039f3d13df17.PNG 

2.PNG.8ef953359311ad3c2367c26d62fda710.PNG

45 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Yes, or at least mine is linked to my SCB savings account debit caard.

Do they use Paypal's exchange rate or SCB exchange rate in your case?

SCB's exchange rate isn't good.