Western food sold in Thai village shop

How did you come up with such an inventive idea? Anybody helped you?

No, it won´t work! The reason is that you can not compete with 7-Eleven, at the same time as you can never sell good quality western food in a village with people that want cheap.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

No, it won´t work! The reason is that you can not compete with 7-Eleven, at the same time as you can never sell good quality western food in a village with people that want cheap.

R

6 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, my Thai wife thought a 15 baht ice cream cone and a 20 baht slice of home made pizza, might be something different and cheap for the village kids and parents. So I’m just asking the question thx. PS: I’ve done some figures and there could be a profit.

Edited by ozthaisurprise2020
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ozthaisurprise2020 said:

R

Yes, my Thai wife thought a 15 baht ice cream cone and a 20 baht slice of home made pizza, might be something different and cheap for the village kids and parents. So I’m just asking the question thx. PS: I’ve done some figures and there could be a profit.

Dream on mate, there could be a profit,???? Every village shop is in debt, due to giving everybody credit.

A Thai friend of mine had a village shop, she told me i was 1 of her only cash paying customers.

I told her, stop giving credit, i cannot stop credit, or my customers will go to another shop, hells teeth woman, let them go, you are struggling to survive, and still giving credit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Dream on mate, there could be a profit,???? Every village shop is in debt, due to giving everybody credit.

A Thai friend of mine had a village shop, she told me i was 1 of her only cash paying customers.

I told her, stop giving credit, i cannot stop credit, or my customers will go to another shop, hells teeth woman, let them go, you are struggling to survive, and still giving credit.

Ok thx for your helpful advice Mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Make from oder pizza and stuff! But your misses sell that in facebook! Give first free taste from your product.

Only way you can manage! 

Ok, so are you saying just buy pizzas already made, from Tesco, BigC or Makro and then sell them on Facebook??? Then send FREE pizza to anyone that is inquiring.... thx

45 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Do you know how much the set up cost and franchise fees are for a Thailand 7-Eleven? Thx

15 minutes ago, ozthaisurprise2020 said:

Ok, so are you saying just buy pizzas already made, from Tesco, BigC or Makro and then sell them on Facebook??? Then send FREE pizza to anyone that is inquiring.... thx

No make your own pizza! Give sample that you get customer! Everybody can buy from shop!

7/11 fees!

:violin:

An initial franchise fee of $25,000. An inventory down payment between $20,000 and $40,000, plus an initial cash register fund. Land and building improvements, which vary by site.

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, ozthaisurprise2020 said:

Not sure, but if cheap enough ( maybe 15/20 baht average ) soft serve ice cream cones, slices of pizza, fries, milkshakes,  

I'll be fries would be a great seller !!

Seriously though, I could not imagine such a venture getting off the ground in  a place like Pattaya let alone up in Nakorn Nowwhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2 is 1 said:

No make your own pizza! Give sample that you get customer! Everybody can buy from shop!

7/11 fees!

An initial franchise fee of $25,000. An inventory down payment between $20,000 and $40,000, plus an initial cash register fund. Land and building improvements, which vary by site.

Baht or USD ?

4 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

7/11 fees!

:violin:

Ok thx. Yes customers can download a voucher and print it out to get a free slice of pizza when they come into shop. Thx for the 7/11 rough figures. I have land on main village road already.

7 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I'll be fries would be a great seller !!

Seriously though, I could not imagine such a venture getting off the ground in  a place like Pattaya let alone up in Nakorn Nowwhere.

Ok thx again. Just looking for a small business to keep my wife and me from getting bored while in retirement. Cheers.

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Rightttt... so the franchise fee's in Thailand for a 7/11 are in dollars and not baht.

Amazing Thailand !!

So hard to count ? 31 times 25000$=775000 bth

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

My wife and i have discussed making/selling pretty much everything on your list at some point but it always comes down to a max price of 20 baht for anything to sell, even without the 'western' aspect of the food. This is generally not economically viable but I fully understand why you are looking at it.

The one item that may work is soft-serve ice cream. One lady from the village bought a converted trailer selling chocolate and or vanilla soft-serve a few months ago and it is still doing a roaring trade, however a cone is only 10 Baht and its not very big.

A successfull chef returning from Dubai a few years ago opened a small steak place where a steak (pork and beef with fries) cost 40 Baht. It was delicious, we were regulars. A month later no steak, not many wanted it and he changed to all the usual 20/30 baht standard Thai dishes, pad krapow etc.

The closest 7/11 to me is one hour by car.

Edited by Saltire

19 minutes ago, Saltire said:

My wife and i have discussed making/selling pretty much everything on your list at some point but it always comes down to a max price of 20 baht for anything to sell, even without the 'western' aspect of the food. This is generally not economically viable but I fully understand why you are looking at it.

The one item that may work is soft-serve ice cream. One lady from the village bought a converted trailer selling chocolate and or vanilla soft-serve a few months ago and it is still doing a roaring trade, however a cone is only 10 Baht and its not very big.

A successfull chef returning from Dubai a few years ago opened a small steak place where a steak (pork and beef with fries) cost 40 Baht. It was delicious, we were regulars. A month later no steak, not many wanted it and he changed to all the usual 20/30 baht standard Thai dishes, pad krapow etc.

The closest 7/11 to me is one hour by car.

Thx for your thoughts Saltire, much appreciated. I can sell a medium ice cream cone for 15 baht and make a 5 baht profit. A school very near by and hopefully fries for 15 baht.

44 minutes ago, ozthaisurprise2020 said:

Thx for your thoughts Saltire, much appreciated. I can sell a medium ice cream cone for 15 baht and make a 5 baht profit. A school very near by and hopefully fries for 15 baht.

Yes, the ice cream lady is strategically placed accross from the school.

THe biggest market in villages seems to be the children.

2 hours ago, ozthaisurprise2020 said:

Do you know how much the set up cost and franchise fees are for a Thailand 7-Eleven? Thx

Just roughly all from 1,5-2M baht. That does not include land.

That´s just an estimate, but probably very close to the truth. After that you are looking at about 30-40k per month in fee.