Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

lee b

As a confirmed atheist, the closest I've got to an 'out of body experience' was when I fell 45 feet (15 metres) down a church bell-tower onto a stone floor and imagined I stepped back out of my body to watch myself falling.

Of course I didn't really leave my body, it must have been psychosomatic.

The number of times here in Thailand I had 'discussions' with girls about ghosts. I offered one girl 50,000 Baht if she would take me and show me the ghost she was telling everyone about. My money's still safe.

Someone else said that to see a ghost, you needed to sit alone in a room at midnight while peeling an apple in front of a mirror.

Laughing at the girl who said that meant she didn't talk to me for days.

Another girl had a good reply to the fact I had never seen a ghost, besides being told endless stories about lots of them. The girl said, "You're a ferang, so you can't see them."

My reply, "Nah, I can't see them 'cos I'm not gullible, there aren't any."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have never seen ghost. Many years ago I shared an apartment with a Japanese friend. The ghost didn't bother him but disturbed me. The ghost never manifested itself that's why I didn't see it.

When I was sleeping the ghost or whatever it was woke me up by knocking on the metal leg of my bed making quite a loud noise at about 3 or 4 am in the morning. Then even during the day it would make loud noise on ceiling like someone pounding the ceiling with a sledge hammer.

When I asked my Japanese housemate about the noise he said he didn't hear anything or anyone waking him up in the early morning.  He slept well in his own room. So only my room having all these problems.

After a couple of weeks I had enough I decided to move because it was affecting me mentally. I used to laugh at people who talked about ghosts but not now. There is something strange but then not all ghosts stories are true. Some people like to tell ghost stories to entertain you.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, poloshirt said:

I have never seen ghost. Many years ago I shared an apartment with a Japanese friend. The ghost didn't bother him but disturbed me. The ghost never manifested itself that's why I didn't see it.

When I was sleeping the ghost or whatever it was woke me up by knocking on the metal leg of my bed making quite a loud noise at about 3 or 4 am in the morning. Then even during the day it would make loud noise on ceiling like someone pounding the ceiling with a sledge hammer.

When I asked my Japanese housemate about the noise he said he didn't hear anything or anyone waking him up in the early morning.  He slept well in his own room. So only my room having all these problems.

After a couple of weeks I had enough I decided to move because it was affecting me mentally. I used to laugh at people who talked about ghosts but not now. There is something strange but then not all ghosts stories are true. Some people like to tell ghost stories to entertain you.

That can be explained by him being a heavy sleeper and something physical could have been making the noise 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lee b said:

While we were sat down I saw a man stood in the kitchen. First of all I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me. That was until my mates wife started asking questions, how old does he look, what was he wearing etc etc..

Did the man look like a real solid person with coloured clothes or did the man look white and ermmm  ghosty looking ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, carlyai said:

I meditate most days. One of my meditations was visualization letting bright happy light fill the body, area, room, village and keep expanding to fill the earth, planets, universe. So you go as far as you can into the universe as it flashes by. One day on this journey I saw God. I've been meditating for a few years and have only ever seen this once. And I don't drink Chang.

It's probably worthy of a  whole new thread  but  can you give a brief description of  "God" please?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

How do you know that I cannot ?

I havent even told you what it is yet .

Kind of shows that your mind is made up and you stubbornly wont listen to any evidence to prove you to be wrong 

I know because there is no such thing as the paranormal. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

Did the man look like a real solid person with coloured clothes or did the man look white and ermmm  ghosty looking ?

real but not fully solid, but I could explain to them what he looked like.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

That can be explained by him being a heavy sleeper and something physical could have been making the noise 

Oh no, a ghost must be on line answering my comment so quickly.  I never had a answer almost instantly after I posed my comment.

Acutally the ghost also did something to me physically not any bodily harm, just blowing air on your chest and tumby till I felt it and woked up. I am reluctant to say this because people don't believe you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

Yes, very sure I have .

I could also give irrefutable proof , but , I wont bother 

I could have predicted you wouldn’t bother, but that has nothing to do with the mythology of the paranormal. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

How do you know that I cannot ?

I havent even told you what it is yet .

Kind of shows that your mind is made up and you stubbornly wont listen to any evidence to prove you to be wrong 

Elvis told me the same thing just last week! :thumbsup:

• Haha 2