Certificate of residence in Chaeng Wattana

I need to do a certificate of residence for my thai driving license. It is still possible to do that in Chaeng Wattana ( i read that they don't do anymore or need to go another office) ? And what papers are required ? ( i did it already in the past in another province but seems not clear what i needin bkk)

5 minutes ago, motyduke said:

Yes i do my 90 days report since more than one year online ! You mean that to get a certificate of residency i should do 90 day report in person ? 

It does not matter how you did the 90 day reports. They can check for those by looking at their database. Do you have the printed out receipt for your most recent report? It would be good to have it with you.

Application form is here. Application For Certificate Of Residency48.26 kB · 1,145 downloads

If I recall correctly you do not need anything more than the form and your passport.

They will send it to you by EMS in about 2 to 3 weeks after you pay the 200 baht fee for it.

• Like 1

Keep in mind you may/will not get a certificate of residence same day you apply for one at CW....it could take a couple of weeks.   Late 2019 when I went to get one to renew my driver license, the CW rep gave me a slip of paper at the very end of the application process which was the appointment day I could come back and pick up the completed certificate....that date was three weeks later.  Everyone else applying for certificate was been given the same "come back in 3 weeks to pickup the completed certificate" as I could easily see & heard what was happening to people applying just before me.  I could also see some people gave the CW rep an envelope with postage to have it mailed to them.    Issue of the certificate is free...easy process....you just don't get the certificate same day at CW...or at least that's the way it worked for me late last year.

Edited by Pib

27 minutes ago, Pib said:

Keep in mind you may/will not get a certificate of residence same day you apply for one at CW....it could take a couple of weeks.   Late 2019 when I went to get one to renew my driver license, the CW rep gave me a slip of paper at the very end of the application process which was the appointment day I could come back and pick up the completed certificate....that date was three weeks later.  Everyone else applying for certificate was been given the same "come back in 3 weeks to pickup the completed certificate" as I could easily see & heard what was happening to people applying just before me.  I could also see some people gave the CW rep an envelope with postage to have it mailed to them.    Issue of the certificate is free...easy process....you just don't get the certificate same day at CW...or at least that's the way it worked for me late last year.

What I experienced in late Jan 2020 at CW was very different. It was like Ubonjoe described it. 200 baht per certificate ( I asked for 2). Mailed to me and received it about 2 weeks later. No need to supply envelope with postage.

Edited by JerseytoBKK

• 9 months later...

I use this the same topic to ask if there are any changes to the issue of the Certificate of Residence. 

Do I have to wait two weeks?
Cost?
Is it in Chaeng Wattana or Muang Thong Thani?

Thank you in advance for your answers

22 minutes ago, zhounan said:

I use this the same topic to ask if there are any changes to the issue of the Certificate of Residence. 

Do I have to wait two weeks?
Cost?
Is it in Chaeng Wattana or Muang Thong Thani?

Thank you in advance for your answers

MTT.

Cost 200baht.

They will tell you 2 weeks. Currently less maybe few days.

If it's for a DL make sure you are able to do at transport office as they restrict places for farang when there are restrictions due to covid.

They will want your 90 day report receipt at RC desk

You can also do you 90 report if it's due at MTT.

The desks are adjacent. However you will need two ticket (queue) numbers from queue desk. You can make appointment for 90 report using this link. At paper check (queue #) make sure you mention that you have an appointment. You will be given B#

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Did anyone recently get a Certificate of Residence at Chaeng Wattana / MTT and can tell me the list of required documents? 
Specifically, do they ask for a copy of the lease or not? (mine is expired..)

triplez:

I did this a month ago at CW. 

It was very straightforward.

Just fill out the form.

They need a photocopy of your last 90-day report. 

I didn't have a photocopy so she did it for me at a cost of 5 baht.

As Dr. Jack noted, the cost of proccesing and postage is 200 baht (no receipt), and they tell you it may take up to 2 weeks to deliver.

But I got mine after 3 days or so. 

You can track the progress of the delivery on the ThaiPost code they give you.

• 2 weeks later...

TaoNow, 

Thanks for your reply. 
I went to Chaeng Wattana this morning. 
I did have a printout of the acknowledgement page of the last 90 day report (online).
But unfortunately for this immigration officer that was not good enough as the 90 day report was "too old" (about 1 year old, I have since traveled in/out of Thailand several times, so 90 day report was not needed). 
So they told me to either wait 90 days, do a new report and then apply for the Residence Certificate, or get it from the embassy instead. 

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, triplez said:

So they told me to either wait 90 days, do a new report and then apply for the Residence Certificate, or get it from the embassy instead.

Yes this is a CW thing.

You must be doing 90 day reports to CW immigration in order to obtain a residence certificate. 

An alternative is to obtain equivalent from your embassy is they provide that.

You would need to check if transport office if that's acceptable.

Ask BSR bikes or Fatboy's and they will advise. 

Edit: just noticed you mentioned embassy.

Edited by DrJack54

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You must be doing 90 day reports to CW immigration in order to obtain a residence certificate. 

I was aware of this requirement. And I have done 90 day reports at CW in the past. So I didn't think that was going to be an issue. 
But unfortunately it was.
I am wondering how someone who is traveling frequently enough to not be needing 90 day reporting would go about getting the Residence Certificate then..

4 minutes ago, triplez said:

I am wondering how someone who is traveling frequently enough to not be needing 90 day reporting would go about getting the Residence Certificate then..

A common couple of reasons for needing a residence certificate is to open bank account or obtain Thai diving license.

CW requires the 90 day report for residence certificate however most places do no. 

As mentioned your embassy may provide equivalent.

An agent can take care of bank account without certificate however cannot assist with residence certificate for divers license (in Bangkok) 

4 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

I was at CW this week getting a NON-O visa.

Checked in with the B-desk IO doing residence certificates.

She told me when i get my first extension, i can use the receipt giving first 90-day report date to apply for a residence certificate.

Thanks, just to clarify when you say first extension - do you mean the under consideration stamp or the one we have to go back for in a month?

1 minute ago, mnomad said:

Thanks, just to clarify when you say first extension - do you mean the under consideration stamp or the one we have to go back for in a month?

Neither.

I mean the first annual extension, 90 days after getting the NON-O stamp.

In the final 30 days of NON-O visa validity, apply for annual extension and get a re-entry permit.  On the same day can apply for the residence certificate.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Neither.

I mean the first annual extension, 90 days after getting the NON-O stamp.

In the final 30 days of NON-O visa validity, apply for annual extension and get a re-entry permit.  On the same day can apply for the residence certificate.

Okay, yep thats my scenario I think, 90 day non-imm O,  but my first annual extension is under consideration technically rather than a stamp to 2023, other difference I havent applied for a re-entry permit as not required with my plans.  I will go back and try for a residence certificate next week then

2 minutes ago, mnomad said:

Okay, yep thats my scenario I think, 90 day non-imm O,  but my first annual extension is under consideration technically rather than a stamp to 2023, other difference I havent applied for a re-entry permit as not required with my plans.  I will go back and try for a residence certificate next week then

Are you sure about that?

I thought it was only the initial O-visa, valid for 90 days, where you get "under consideration" time and return in a couple weeks for the visa stamp.

Isn't the annual extension stamped in your passport while you wait?

6 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Are you sure about that?

I thought it was only the initial O-visa, valid for 90 days, where you get "under consideration" time and return in a couple weeks for the visa stamp.

No. Not for me at CW. Come back in a month for the "decision" and the real stamp to some date in 2023. Different for marriage vs retirement? This is marriage, my initial 90 non-imm O was embassy acquired out of country - stamp at swampy.

41 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

He apparently applied for a extension based upon marriage to or the parent of a Thai.

Those extensions have to approved at the division level of immigration. That is why he has a 30 day under consideration stamp.

• 5 months later...

I'm now a bit concerned.  I'm planning on going to Chaengwattana to get a residence certificate tomorrow.  I've been doing 90 day reporting at the same address for something like 15 years.  However, late last year I made a brief trip abroad, and it's not been 90 days since I re-entered Thailand, so it's now over 90 days since I last did a 90 day report.  Am I going to have a problem?  (I did do the TM30 reporting upon my return here.)

This is really critical for me since I have a driving licence renewal appointment coming up next month.

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I'm now a bit concerned.  I'm planning on going to Chaengwattana to get a residence certificate tomorrow.  I've been doing 90 day reporting at the same address for something like 15 years.  However, late last year I made a brief trip abroad, and it's not been 90 days since I re-entered Thailand, so it's now over 90 days since I last did a 90 day report.  Am I going to have a problem?  (I did do the TM30 reporting upon my return here.)

This is really critical for me since I have a driving licence renewal appointment coming up next month.

I see no reason for you to have a problem since your 90 days started on the day you entered the country.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Foxx said:

However, late last year I made a brief trip abroad, and it's not been 90 days since I re-entered Thailand, so it's now over 90 days since I last did a 90 day report

Take your most recent TM47 receipt.

Immigration will want that for application for residence certificate.

I'm in similar spot.

Went to Oz last December and this week going to Vietnam.

When return I need to renew TDL from 2 to 5 years. 

I will take along my last 90 day report. 

• Like 1

Just to let people know what happened:

No problem.  Required documents:

- Print out of my last 90 day report

- Print out of my TM.30 record
- Photocopy of the personal information, last extension, and last entry stamp pages from my passport
- Application form
- 200 baht.

My only grip is that it took so long.  Last time I needed a residence certificate was at Mueang Thong Thani.  There were separate queues for residence certificates and 90 day reporting.  Now that it's back at Chaengwattana there's one queue.  At MTT it took me five minutes.  At CW I was waiting an hour and a half to be seen.  (And whilst people doing 90 day reporting can book an appointment in advance, that's not possible for residence certificates.)

Of course, in a more developed country there'd be no need physically to make a four hour round trip for such an application when an email would suffice.  But this is Thailand.

I did have to point out a couple of times that I'd only recently reentered the country, but that wasn't a big deal.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1