Pattaya plays host to Miss Grand Chonburi beauty pageant

webfact

Pattaya plays host to Miss Grand Chonburi beauty pageant 

10pm.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

Sophon Cable TV reported on Facebook that the guest of honor at Sunday's Miss Grand Chonburi beauty pageant was deputy mayor Ronnakit Ekkasingh. 

The event held at Central Festival Beach was jointly organized by City Hall, the store and pageant organizers and was designed to showcase the talents of women and be a tourist promotion.

10pm3.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

The winner - #18 Wanida Dokkulap or Nida - will go on to represent Chonburi province in the Miss Grand Thailand finals. 

Second was Supatra Unkaew or Naen and third was Methawee Jeefoo otherwise known as May. 

Source: Sophon Cable TV

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-11

35 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Nice to find out about this - after it's over !

Yes like so many events.  

I was at Central the weekend before and saw no adverts for this event...not that they here not there they might have been I just didn't see them..nor noticed any along the Sukhumvit road on those huge empty billboards.

• Like 1

Thinking about this "too mut", I wonder if we didn't see any notice about this beforehand, because they weren't targeting "western" tourists.

Maybe it was advertised, in Thai, in other areas. After all, they said it was for "tourism" and as far as they are concerned right now the only "tourism" is domestic (Thais from other parts of the country). Maybe this pageant was aimed primarily at those "tourists" and not all the local old geezers ?

"Geezerphobia" I say !! 

"Geezer Profiling" !! Where are the snowflakes when you need them to get onto Twitter and take up the cause ?

"Geezer Gawkers Matter" !! It's not all about the lurkers and oglers and starers ! Gawkers matter too !

(Though from the few pics I saw, it's probably just as well I wasn't there. None of them seemed that attractive to me. I've been told (by Thai guys and girls) that what foreigners find "attractive" isn't the same as what Thai's find "attractive". Hence a girl you might not give a second glance at is raved over by Thai guys while they ignore ones you think are beauty queens.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

All those could be LBs

"Well, nobody's perfect"

image.png.6c914bf2f4075becd5e01b425a6c8d2c.png

Joe E Brown (as "Osgood Fielding the 3rd") with Tony Curtis, in the cinematic entertainment, "Some Like It Hot".

Edited by Enoon

5 minutes ago, Enoon said:

"Well, nobody's perfect"

image.png.6c914bf2f4075becd5e01b425a6c8d2c.png

Joe E Brown (as "Osgood Fielding the 3rd") with Tony Curtis, in the cinematic entertainment, "Some Like It Hot".

Actually, that's Jack Lemmon.Some Like It Hot' musical will debut in Chicago on way to Broadway ...

Edited by ratcatcher

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

it seems for me that the ''miss'' were all ladyboys

There is no mention I can see on the Facebook post about it being a "lady boy" competition..

they expressly say "women"  and not "people of the third gender"  as "lady boys" are now referred to in the media.

Anyway  number  8 and number 15 look quite "alright" to me ????

117585057_3414723565215220_1096297968363200773_o.jpg.e90b1dd53b583d98524e5bf45fc1619f.jpg

116890854_3414723621881881_7493512761183201425_o.jpg.bb5f7649b6fe9649324ac6ea1f3b7dc5.jpg

34 minutes ago, johng said:

There is no mention I can see on the Facebook post about it being a "lady boy" competition..

they expressly say "women"  and not "people of the third gender"  as "lady boys" are now referred to in the media.

Anyway  number  8 and number 15 look quite "alright" to me ????

116890854_3414723621881881_7493512761183201425_o.jpg.bb5f7649b6fe9649324ac6ea1f3b7dc5.jpg

But 18 looks like headache.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, johng said:

Rule 17 in Thailand

don't trust 100% of what is writed in the medias

(Or on Facebook)