Majority of Scots support independence from UK - YouGov poll

snoop1130

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

I agree with most of what you wrote except the second to last sentence. I think he is both vicious and vindictive. He has demonstrated that repeatedly throughout his life; the lovable buffoon image is a pastiche. Eddie Mair had him spot on when he called him a nasty piece of work. 

Hell, you cannot champion a cause which you know will bring economic disaster to an entire nation just so you can benefit personally without being utter scum. Johnson is that and worse.

The SNP are doing just that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

I agree with most of what you wrote except the second to last sentence. I think he is both vicious and vindictive. He has demonstrated that repeatedly throughout his life; the lovable buffoon image is a pastiche. Eddie Mair had him spot on when he called him a nasty piece of work. 

Hell, you cannot champion a cause which you know will bring economic disaster to an entire nation just so you can benefit personally without being utter scum. Johnson is that and worse.

Oh come off it RR, if Boris gave you yet another referendum he would be on your Christmas card list and you would be Facebook friends forever poking each other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Oh come off it RR, if Boris gave you yet another referendum he would be on your Christmas card list and you would be Facebook friends forever poking each other.

No, if he did that it would be down to the hard work of lots of independence campaigners. Those are the ones to be thanked. He would only be bowing to the inevitable. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

No, if he did that it would be down to the hard work of lots of independence campaigners. Those are the ones to be thanked. He would only be bowing to the inevitable. 

The only inevitably is you cannot afford to leave the UK, but nothing to stop you going through the motions I suppose.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Not remotely true, but if it was, what a damning indictment of 300 years of union it would be. 

And if it is untrue you would still call it a damming indictment etc. 

You have obviously been to the Krankie school of propaganda. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

A poll this morning from Opinium has the SNP on 6% - I don't think I have ever seen them poll so high UK wide. 

In the same poll, Sturgeon has the highest approval rating across the UK of any other party leader. 

Andrew Marr predicts the UK will cease to exist by 2024 and Mark Blyth comes out in favour of independence. 

What a great week its been! 

Possibly, but SNP aren't the ones in pole position as will shortly become clear...

Edited by evadgib

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Blimey, I thought that lot was about Nicola Sturgeon...????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Johnson is a puppet. On a personal level I genuinely feel he is probably a half decent bloke. 

But the problem is he is too lazy and incompetent to actually be bothered with anything except a 20 minute take to the camera. He has been putty in the hands of those who actually run things. 

Its the reason why the 1922 committee gave him the job.   

22 hours ago, crobe said:

During this time the Bank of Scotland would start to issue government bonds to cover the agreed proportion of UK debt and ongoing spending pending tax receipts - the idea that Scotland would immediately be in default is a non-starter and just fear-propaganda by unionists.

Not sure if this link will work but there was an interesting article in the FT 5 days ago about the financial side of independence.https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/2f298c24-36e1-48c3-b401-0ac0066c18b4

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Johnson is a puppet. On a personal level I genuinely feel he is probably a half decent bloke. 

But the problem is he is too lazy and incompetent to actually be bothered with anything except a 20 minute take to the camera. He has been putty in the hands of those who actually run things. 

Its the reason why the 1922 committee gave him the job.   

So you know what BJ squeezes into his day............????.................????

• Sad 1

Like Brexit, you get it, you lose the power of protest, which is always nice and easy. The majority of Scots love blaming all their ills on the big brother down south. When it gets down to the nitty gritty ... . I'm guessing, like me, the majority of English people don't give a monkey's. My big concern would be an independent Scotland compromising our security, so yeah, on a geopolitical level, having a united island is pretty important, but as for the individual aspirations of the Scottish people, up to them, as they say.

3 hours ago, nausea said:

Like Brexit, you get it, you lose the power of protest, which is always nice and easy. The majority of Scots love blaming all their ills on the big brother down south. When it gets down to the nitty gritty ... . I'm guessing, like me, the majority of English people don't give a monkey's. My big concern would be an independent Scotland compromising our security, so yeah, on a geopolitical level, having a united island is pretty important, but as for the individual aspirations of the Scottish people, up to them, as they say.

Here is the thing - when it comes to the future of Scotland, I and the majority of my countrymen rightly see your interests as being significantly below our own in terms of security or anything else. So from a geopolitical perspective, deal with it, as they say. 

But don't worry, you will have a clutch of nuclear subs and warheads to protect you. 

• Like 2

Now the problem is although, as you might have noticed, I don't really agree with Brexit, any argument you make for Brexit can equally be used as an argument for Scottish independence.    

11 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

The issue is really about the UKs internal market. 

At some point Westminster have to remove some powers granted in the devolution settlement. 

The proposed upcoming judicial review is already being examined in Scotland , as it appears to break the treaty of the union , granting Scotland it's own laws .

If they look hard enough they'll realise that the 3 devolved Parliaments contravene the 1688 & 1689 BoR and the act of union which Bliar thinks he got away with.

Edited by evadgib

3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

If they look hard enough they'll realise that the 3 devolved Parliaments contravene the 1688 BoR & 1689 act of union which Bliar thinks he got away with.

The proposed 1689 act of union was never passed !

• Like 2