Majority of Scots support independence from UK - YouGov poll

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

How often have you shoveled articles from the Guardian, Independent or Scotland-only publications onto the boards?

As the invasion of UK has been mentioned here is a link to a debate in the HoC that took place immediately after PMQ's on Weds:

Parliamentlive.tv

If I ask nicely is there any chance you could change your avatar......my blood pressure has to come down.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

You gave a Daily Express nonsense headline and you ignored the mountains of evidence which showed that Eastern European immigration to the UK was net positive. But well done on bigging up Farage, almost Tommy like in his bravery and selflessness. What a great example he is to the youth of England. 

say again,who bought the subject of farage up? you did.and who is the " net positive,mountain of evidence of eastern immigration to the uk "beneficial to? crooked employees perhaps but certainly not the uk working man who is now suffering from zero hour contracts,and no minimum wage due to " self employment " contracts.

On 9/3/2020 at 10:27 AM, Rookiescot said:

Either Sterling or our own currency.

Think were are going to call it the Johnson. In honour of the man who did more to further Scottish independence than anyone else could.

A Johnson will of course be worth 100 Brexiteers. 

don,t think it,ll be sterling as cameron made it very clear you would have to leave sterling in the event of independence,and think barnier will be too busy clicking his heels at the prospect of a divided britain to want to do scotland any favours,that always leaves the zimbabwe dollar.

Edited by kingdong

6 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

KD didn't reference any article - I was referring to his style of hysterical hyperbole rather than any particular reference. 

Also, he commented exclusively about Eastern European immigration, not about migrants from outside Europe

Arriving from...?

Edited by evadgib

6 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

KD didn't reference any article - I was referring to his style of hysterical hyperbole rather than any particular reference. 

Also, he commented exclusively about Eastern European immigration, not about migrants from outside Europe. 

where did i mention eastern european immigration?i didn,t.i referred to all eu economic immigration,all you,re doing is countering posts by attempting to put words into the mouths and twisting what the poster is stating and not doing a very good job of it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kingdong said:

where did i mention eastern european immigration?i didn,t.i referred to all eu economic immigration,all you,re doing is countering posts by attempting to put words into the mouths and twisting what the poster is stating and not doing a very good job of it.

This is what you wrote:

21 hours ago, kingdong said:

unwanted mass migration by economic migrants from failed countries in the eu under the freedom of movement.

So which western European countries were you referring to, where their citizens are showing up en mass and taking good BBritish jobs from good British people?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Its nice that Brexiteers and English Nationalists like to share their opinions on Scottish independence.

Honestly I think a lot of Scots will take your concerns and views on board. It is always good to hear the other side of the argument before forming an opinion. Everyone should do that. It is only then that you can come to an informed decision.

Dismissing things that you do not want to hear as simply "project fear" means that you never actually arrive at an intelligent and well reasoned conclusion. So I do thank my Brexiteer friends for providing a counter argument against independence. It enlightens us all.

I am sure most of the people living in Scotland will study your points seriously and who knows, you might persuade a majority of them that you are right. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

This is what you wrote:

So which western European countries were you referring to, where their citizens are showing up en mass and taking good BBritish jobs from good British people?

i mentioned the eu.anyway give it a rest you do more twisting than chubby checker

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Its nice that Brexiteers and English Nationalists like to share their opinions on Scottish independence.

Honestly I think a lot of Scots will take your concerns and views on board. It is always good to hear the other side of the argument before forming an opinion. Everyone should do that. It is only then that you can come to an informed decision.

Dismissing things that you do not want to hear as simply "project fear" means that you never actually arrive at an intelligent and well reasoned conclusion. So I do thank my Brexiteer friends for providing a counter argument against independence. It enlightens us all.

I am sure most of the people living in Scotland will study your points seriously and who knows, you might persuade a majority of them that you are right. 

Pray tell what an 'English Nationalists opinion on Scottish independence' might be; or is this simply guesswork, again?

On 9/4/2020 at 1:07 PM, RuamRudy said:

Is it EU policy to enable asylum seekers to come to the UK? 

yes by failing to either granting them asylum or deporting them as the case may be instead of encouraging them to illegally enter the uk by their authorities deliberately turning a blind eye,some thing they,ve been doing since britains been a member of the eu.