Phuket travel bubbles to begin with test group

webfact

2 hours ago, Berti said:

The hotels in Phuket on this list are not used yet in my opinion.

No repatriation flights to Phuket, so how do people go from BKK to Phuket?

This is the issue as long as no direct International flights to Phuket how will then a quarantine functions when people already have been through Bangkok. Btw, the low-cost airlines are flying BKK-HKT. A friend was on a Thai Air A flight down there for a long weekend 10 days ago.

Felt

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looks like Phuket will be off of my travel list if this gets the go ahead, as I may as well just be quarantined in my hotel/resort for my entire trip then plus some additional days due to having mixed with an untested traveler who transited from BKK, but may still show positive while on the island.  Time for the people of Phuket to speak up.  A friend who lives in Rawai says that if this happens, and they are not quarantined first, then they will just shut down their restaurant instead of possibly becoming infected from a tourist.  Truly concerned about being shut down and stuck on the island again due to a cluster starting. 

They're not going to be allowed out of the hotel for 14 days. It is quarantine.

Previously they have been talking about allowing people into the country for short trips, I wonder if this is what they're doing. If that's it then it's doomed to failure, only people who want to come for an extended period of time will put up with a 14 day quarantine requirement.

In my opinion they should massively expand the quarantine program so it can accept 1000's of new people every week. If they do this and 'release' the people who've completed 14 days without infection then they should be free to stay for a long time.

Something like that would suit people who want to come for the entire winter season, there's plenty of people who would come for between say 4 and 6 months and perhaps put up with 2 weeks of hotel confinement in Phuket before going elsewhere in the country.

The old visa rules would all need to be scrapped for this to happen.

A resort style quarantine, even if it includes various restrictions on mixing with other guests would be a lot more attractive than sitting in a small hotel room somewhere in Bangkok for 2 weeks.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, ukrules said:

They're not going to be allowed out of the hotel for 14 days. It is quarantine.

Previously they have been talking about allowing people into the country for short trips, I wonder if this is what they're doing. If that's it then it's doomed to failure, only people who want to come for an extended period of time will put up with a 14 day quarantine requirement.

In my opinion they should massively expand the quarantine program so it can accept 1000's of new people every week. If they do this and 'release' the people who've completed 14 days without infection then they should be free to stay for a long time.

Something like that would suit people who want to come for the entire winter season, there's plenty of people who would come for between say 4 and 6 months and perhaps put up with 2 weeks of hotel confinement in Phuket before going elsewhere in the country.

The old visa rules would all need to be scrapped for this to happen.

A resort style quarantine, even if it includes various restrictions on mixing with other guests would be a lot more attractive than sitting in a small hotel room somewhere in Bangkok for 2 weeks.

mixing with other people in quarantine would be a disaster if one, or more, of those persons was infected with the virus...

31 minutes ago, samsensam said:

mixing with other people in quarantine would be a disaster if one, or more, of those persons was infected with the virus...

Yes, agreed, there should be some kind of tiered system like they do in the Bangkok quarantine hotels.

I'm not sure exactly how they do it as I'm in Thailand already and it won't affect me so I didn't really research it too much but I did come across people talking on this forum about getting access to different areas of the building, like the rooftop. I'm not sure how isolated that is (might be full isolation) and I believe you can only go there after some number of days and negative tests.

From : https://www.solariabangkok.com/asq/information-page.html

Relaxing Zone

Located on hotel rooftop, the open-air area that you can enjoy fresh air and Bangkok remarkable view. However, in alignment with the Social Distancing rule, please dial “0” or add Line@ “Guest Service” for check the availability in advance.

Even if it's in isolation in your family group that would be a lot better resort style in a private garden for example compared with sitting in the room for 14 days.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

this pandemic sure produces harebrained schemes and i see that seriously infected Australia is on the list, and do they mean by small group? is there someone organising this test, will the test subjects actually pay to be tests tourists?... 

3 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

LOL. Now you expats start to think like xenophobic Thais......

Dirty Tourist, stay away - sounds familiar to something A Nut In would say (replace Tourist with Farang).

looking at the number of returning Thais from abroad that are infected I think it's the best option at this moment in time, you only need one international tourist un-detected to start the whole thing off again.
If they mingle with locals or expats who then return to their home Thai towns the spread will kick-off again. 

It's too early, simple as that.

Trying to say they will only use an island is ridiculous.

20 hours ago, Berti said:

You are absolutely right and I would wish this comes true, but it will not happen.

Don't forget that only one new covid case in Thailand would cause the government and the whole nation run amok.

So the more they restrict entry with complicated rules and requirements, the less probable a new case.

Visiting Bangkok. People are running around with masks and plastic welding shields! The zombies are coming. Save us. It is the apocalypse.

No new cases in 78 days but the world is coming to an end! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

No new cases in 78 days but the world is coming to an end! 

that idea of "its all over now" worked out really well for New Zealand didn't it !

Maybe it hasn't gone away.

maybe it is trump syndrome " if we not test we not have new cases"