Did thailand miss the point??

wazzupnow

On 8/14/2020 at 5:49 PM, steven100 said:

I think Thailand did an excellent job in containing the covid virus.  I feel much safer here than in many other countries where continued virus spikes have occurred.

i think you are missing the point too, this topic is not about feeling safe:

Every 40 years Europa used to have a war that killed millions of people And so bringing work and welfare in rebuilding the countries  would like to know if I am the only one having this notion, that this virus is just modern warfare that only kills the weak and lets the workers and tax payers live on This is the hard reality, now the so called successful nation that repelled the virus is at an economical abyss,  because of the military blockade and they are still talking more blockade,so did they miss the point or not?

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If that was the reason, it's a total failure as it hardly kills anyone.

Virus would need to kill 10% of the population not the current 0.05%

it is a selective killing off the old weak and sick, who mostly are at costs of the goverments welfare unemployment and pensions, perfection at the least

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, PatOngo said:

I would agree that this is the start of WWIII inflicted on the world by expansionist China as part of their 100 year marathon to conquer the world. Incidentally , the 100 year marathon began in 1949 when the communists defeated the nationalists.

you are getting the point it is also when mao started to kill millions of his own,so why care about foreigners

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, tonray said:

Completely Untrue....the current account surplus and the baht's persistent strength against the US Dollar should have given you a clue as to how far off the mark that statement is.

NEW YORK: Thailand’s 12-month trade surplus with the US has exceeded US$20 billion, increasing its chance of being included on the US Treasury’s watchlist of currency manipulators, although the central bank governor said dialogue is ongoing.

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, wazzupnow said:

it is a selective killing off the old weak and sick, who mostly are at costs of the goverments welfare unemployment and pensions, perfection at the least

But nobody you know has the virus?????

Quote:

"And when I look at my own family and friends and all the people I know

Not 1 of them has had,or heard from anyone having the virus or dying of it"

Seriously, which one is it ? The new world order killing off the weak or the virus isnt real ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Completely Untrue....the current account surplus and the baht's persistent strength against the US Dollar should have given you a clue as to how far off the mark that statement is.

Get ready to turn on Bloomberg one morning to see the Baht has collapsed overnight...teflon Thailand is starting to stick

• Confused 2

47 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

A $20 Billion trade surplus is a sign of a strong economy, the country can take a hit on that surplus and still be in good shape.

When the surplus is gone and the baht collapses, you can start talking about Thailand being bankrupt.

Not really. For one thing, Thailand has a highly protected economy. So inferior goods and services are protected from competition. Also, what was Thailand's total external trade - imports and exports - for the period and how does that compare to corresponding periods?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rumak said:

all "major" countries have that first world privilege :     add trillions to the (in)balance sheet !

no matter how much money they print , and no matter how many times people think that they

will have to "pay" somewhere down the line.............. the game keeps going their way.  

Now that is amazing.   Don't ask me how they get away with it , but they do.

Funny, when Zimbabwe tried to play that game   hahahaha    they were crushed.   Nope,

only the big boys get to sit at the printing press table.  And millionaires become billionaires........

while in Thailand the expats debate over 200 baht entrance fees ....

ain't life great !

What game did Rhodesia... i mean Zimbabwe play?