Visa Extension.

1 hour ago, Mosha said:

OK we've just got back from Ranong. Point blank refused a 60 day extension. Even showed the Police Order number 327/2557. All I got was please leave by air before the 26th. So times up, now I have to call the British Embassy.

Hi Mosha,

Sorry to hear that your 60-day extension was refused.

Was this the first time you applied for such 60-day extension since you last entered Thailand?

You can only apply for it once per entry, but if it was indeed your first application since last entering the country I will need to add Ranong to my list of rogue offices.

To determine whether you might still have other options, can you please provide your Visa situation details. 

I presume you entered on a ME Non Imm O marriage Visa, but what was the permission to stay date when entering last on that Visa.  And did you apply in mean time for intermediate extensions of stays (if so for which reason, and what was the permission to stay date granted from such applications).

I presume you are a UK citizen, but what is your age, and are you married to a thai national or have thai dependant children.

Ho recent does teh Kor Ror 2 proof of mariage need to be for a 60 day extension to visit wife.

On the day of application

I plan to wait until mid Sep in case yet anothe ramnesty extension and not waste the one off 60 Day opportunity.

My thinking was 

Wait for outcome of cabinet meeting Sep 22

23rd request Kor Ror 2, If issued that day head directly to Immigration.

This leaves 3 days to leave teh country if extending multi O married

Last entry in March and if borders open it is still valid.

If my Office doeas refuse 60 or 1 year application as on amnesty what are options?

I have 400k already in bank the 3 months required here, but I nevr want my annual visa renewal in Summer when normally overseas.

1 Can get 7 or 30 days to find a flight or submit a One year Non O married extension?

2 Vey Reluctant to return to much higher risk country

8 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Ho recent does teh Kor Ror 2 proof of mariage need to be for a 60 day extension to visit wife.

Thirty days at most offices and others maybe a week. Some don't ask for one for the 60 day extension.

10 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

I would say if it is not announced by the  meeting on the 15th that there are no more amnesties then there will likely be another extension of it.

12 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

1 Can get 7 or 30 days to find a flight or submit a One year Non O married extension?

You could apply and get 7 days to leave the country or get a letter from your embassy to get a 30 day extension.

Best to get the one year extension IMO if for some odd reason they deny the 60 day extension.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

How recent does the Kor Ror 2 proof of marriage need to be for a 60 day extension to visit wife.

Hi,

Í inserted the requirements for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your thai wife, and highlighted the answer to your question.

The 60-day extension of stay can be done for ANY type of entry or extension of stay.

See excerpt from police order 327/2557, and note that it does not mention Visa type.

image.png.50507ac77c66e7da8ef38c833231b43a.png

When you apply for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your Thai wife, she will have to be with you when you apply and she has to bring her ID-card and a copy of it. 

You would need to provide proof of residence.

If your wife is the owner of the place you are staying, a copy of the house-book from that place will do.  When renting, a copy of the rental agreement will be needed with signed copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by the owner.

To prove you are still married, you need to bring the original Kor Ror 3 (Thai marriage certificate) as well as a copy of it. And most offices will also want a recent printout (not older than 1 week) of your Kor Ror 2 (certificate of Thai marriage registration), which can be requested at any Amphoe and will be issued on the spot (cost between 5 and 20 THB).

You will also need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, as well as copies of your passport photo page, Visa sticker, entry stamp (with permission to stay date) and your TM6 departure card.

Thanks

While the Government make the Laws

police order 327/2557, are issued

for each of us the reality is the individual person in uniform we deal with had the power to issue or not, th eloss of face culture pus tea money makes appeal futile.

My thinking is if they turn down here on 22nd was move to a more amenable office

If anyone can pm me an office in  that is possible, as far North as possible ideally Mae Sai Chiang Rai Nan etc

16 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

On the day of application

I plan to wait until mid Sep in case yet another amnesty extension and not waste the one off 60 Day opportunity.

My thinking was 

23rd request Kor Ror 2, If issued that day head directly to Immigration.

This leaves 3 days to leave the country if extending multi O married

Last entry in March and if borders open it is still valid.

If my Office does refuse 60 or 1 year application as on amnesty what are options?

I have 400k already in bank the 3 months required here, but I never want my annual visa renewal in Summer when normally overseas.

2 Very Reluctant to return to much higher risk country

Be aware that there are some ultra rogue IOs (e.g. Nonthaburi and Ranong) that will simply refuse your application for the 60-day extension of stay, for the bogus reason of you being on an Amnesty extension.

And there is also a case of SriRacha where the IO was willing to provide the 60-day extension of stay, BUT starting from the date of expiry of the permission to stay, which of course renders it useless.

> So it is recommended to at least enquire at your local IO whether and how they would handle your application for the 60-day extension of stay.  Or alternatively - in case of a large office - open a thread on the Forum to get experience from TVF members using the same office as yourself.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Thirty days at most offices and others maybe a week. Some don't ask for one for the 60 day extension.

I would say if it is not announced by the  meeting on the 15th that there are no more amnesties then there will likely be another extension of it.

You could apply and get 7 days to leave the country or get a letter from your embassy to get a 30 day extension.

Best to get the one year extension IMO if for some odd reason they deny the 60 day extension.

Today I was successful in applying for a special 30 day extension with an embassy letter.I got a stamp that allows my to stay until 26th September when I return to get my 30 day extension.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Today I was successful in applying for a special 30 day extension with an embassy letter.I got a stamp that allows my to stay until 26th September when I return to get my 30 day extension.

Congrats @FarFlungFalang! So just for clarification, did you receive one of those "Under Consideration" stamps that says return to immigration specifically on 26-Sep to get the approval for another 30 days? Also, was it the usual 1900baht fee with a photo and TM7 application?

Edited by audaciousnomad

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I would say

if it is not announced by the  meeting on the 15th that there are no more amnesties then there will likely be another extension of it.

Thanks , Are these announced on Tuesdays , I realize there is always a delay to Royal Gazette. ?

So if no extension by 16th do you think I should try , if rejected gives me 10 days to look elswhere or leave ?

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi Mosha,

Sorry to hear that your 60-day extension was refused.

Was this the first time you applied for such 60-day extension since you last entered Thailand?

You can only apply for it once per entry, but if it was indeed your first application since last entering the country I will need to add Ranong to my list of rogue offices.

To determine whether you might still have other options, can you please provide your Visa situation details. 

I presume you entered on a ME Non Imm O marriage Visa, but what was the permission to stay date when entering last on that Visa.  And did you apply in mean time for intermediate extensions of stays (if so for which reason, and what was the permission to stay date granted from such applications).

I presume you are a UK citizen, but what is your age, and are you married to a thai national or have thai dependant children.

I last entered 10th of February, and should have left May 9th. We've kept in touch with the office every time the SoE/Amnesty was extended. The visa runs out on November 11th. Non Imm Type O based on marriage. Issued in Savannakhet.  No offspring. 

I'm 64 20 months to being a certified old fart. British and my wife is Thai. I haven't asked for a 60 day extension on this visa.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Congrats on that!

So if I understand correctly, when you get that special 30-day extension on 26 September, you would in principle get a permission to stay till 25 October.

Two requests for follow-up from your part >

1 - Please let us know when on 26 September your IO (which one?) would provide you with a shorter period than the 30-days.  According to some reports IOs have the discretionary power to limit the permission to stay from the special extension to a period they think fitting for your situation.

2 - Would such a special permission to stay allow you to subsequently apply for a regular 1-year extension of stay?  According to at least one report that has been categorically denied at Hat Yai IO where IO confirmed that such a special extension could only be extended when still not able to leave Thailand (with a new Embassy letter or medical certificate), but could not be used as a spring-board for a 1-year extension of stay.

If you plan to stay longer in Thailand, I do hope that your IO will be more accommodating.

43 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Be aware that there are some ultra rogue IOs (e.g. Nonthaburi and Ranong) that will simply refuse your application for the 60-day extension of stay, for the bogus reason of you being on an Amnesty extension.

And there is also a case of SriRacha where the IO was willing to provide the 60-day extension of stay, BUT starting from the date of expiry of the permission to stay, which of course renders it useless.

> So it is recommended to at least enquire at your local IO whether and how they would handle your application for the 60-day extension of stay.  Or alternatively - in case of a large office - open a thread on the Forum to get experience from TVF members using the same office as yourself.

Isn't every IO rogue at this rate on this topic? Which IOs have given the 60 day family extension or allow people to apply for a non-O while on amnesty? 

Re: Hat Yai, assume you're talking about my experience, they said that a valid POS is needed to apply for non Non-O (Amnesty is not automatic extension) and I couldn't apply for the 60day family extension as I used the Embassy letter extension in March. Not sure what will happen when I go back with a letter (I received one from the British Embassy this week politely asking them to facilitate my changing from amnesty to Non-O, but assume they won't care or even fully understand what the letter is asking). 

14 minutes ago, Mosha said:

I last entered 10th of February, and should have left May 9th. We've kept in touch with the office every time the SoE/Amnesty was extended. The visa runs out on November 11th. Non Imm Type O based on marriage. Issued in Savannakhet.  No offspring. 

I'm 64 20 months to being a certified old fart. British and my wife is Thai. I haven't asked for a 60 day extension on this visa.

With your 60-day extension of stay not used yet, and eligible for both a marriage or retirement 1-year extension of stay, you still have some options to continue staying in Thailand.

But with your local Ranong IO not willing to accept a 60-day or 1-year extension of stay for the bogus reason of you being on the Amnesty extension, your options are limited to:

1 - Engaging a Fixer Agent, that would be able for a fee to circumvent the Ranong IO objections to your 1-year extension of stay application;

2 - Relocating to a different province with a more accommodating IO.  PM me for more details, as it would lead to far to go in full detail here on how to go about it.  But in your case (unused 60-day extension of stay and also eligible for a retirement extension) for sure there would be options going that road.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, greggraham said:

Isn't every IO rogue at this rate on this topic? Which IOs have given the 60 day family extension or allow people to apply for a non-O while on amnesty?

Most IOs are willing to accept the 60-day extension of stay for family visit reasons, even while on the Amnesty.  Many report of applicants successfully going that road (and it are only a few rogue IOs that refuse to handle a 60-day extension of stay).

And you can then use the valid extension provided by that 60 days permission of stay, to apply for the 1-year extension of stay (and using that 60 days permission to stay to meet the 2 months seasoning requirement of the 400K funds-in-bank, which you would have to start prior to applying for the 60-day extension to meet the 2 months seasoning requirement).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Most IOs are willing to accept the 60-day extension of stay for family visit reasons, even while on the Amnesty.  Many report of applicants successfully going that road (and it are only a few rogue IOs that refuse to handle a 60-day extension of stay).

And you can then use the valid extension provided by that 60 days permission of stay, to apply for the 1-year extension of stay (and using that 60 days permission to stay to meet the 2 months seasoning requirement of the 400K funds-in-bank, which you would have to start prior to applying for the 60-day extension to meet the 2 months seasoning requirement).

Which IOs though? I haven't seen any success stories from amnesty on here, only people being turned away, like OP. 

Just now, Peter Denis said:

That's exactly why I started collecting IO cases as there is absolutely no consistency in how IOs are handling applications for 1-year extensions of stay (or intermediate short-stay extensions to be used as spring-board for such 1-year extension).

And there are - quite logically - more unsuccessful applications posted on TV Forum as those unfortunate ones are in need for advice on other options they might have.  But luckily there are also some TVF members that make the effort to post their successful application.

Attached below 3 cases:

IO Kanchanaburi - by @edwinchester

I paid my local Immigration Office, Kanchanaburi, a visit yesterday.
My Non-o multi entry(married to a Thai) expired on June 5th.. My last entry on it was 3rd March with an admitted until 31st May date and I have not used my 60 day extension yet.
I transferred 400k bht last week and Immi advised me to get a 60 day extension early in Sept to avoid any crowding. It will be dated from 27th Sept so good until the last week of November when I'll apply from an annual extension based on marriage.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1175928-application-for-60-day-extension-on-multi-entry-non-o-effective-26th-september/?do=findComment&comment=15684623

IO SiSaKet - by @Peter Denis

At SiSaKet IO they confirmed to an applicant with a Non Imm O-A Visa and expired permission to stay, that he can apply till 26 September for the 60-day extension of stay and that it will be provided with start-date 27 September.
He needs the time as he only has a Village Marriage, and will thus have to arrange his official thai marriage in the coming weeks.  That 60-day extension will then provide him again with more time, so that he can meet the 2-month seasoning for his financial funds (which he didn't start yet) required when applying for his FIRST 1-year extension of stay based on that Non Imm O-A Visa.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1175928-application-for-60-day-extension-on-multi-entry-non-o-effective-26th-september/?do=findComment&comment=15681478

IO Chachoengsao by @stoicccc

Successful application with already used 60-day extension of stay and on Amnesty extension from an ME Non Imm O marriage Visa.  Used the embassy issued income letter in combo with 2-months of +40K monthly income transfers.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1179774-successful-1st-time-1-yr-non-o-extension-at-chachoengsao-io/?do=findComment&comment=15754619

I appreciate you're collating these cases, genuinely thank you for doing that.

All of these examples were already on a non-O. People on tourist / exempt etc. have had no luck. So not "ANY type of entry or extension of stay", at least based on these examples.

OK some update. Mrs Mosha has sold the land. Not as much as we hoped for. So try immigration Monday to see how helpful they want to be. We have a family connection there, I've avoided using that so far. Maybe it's time to pull a few strings. Her cousin runs the jailhouse.

3 questions.

1 Are immigration now saying those wanting 60 days must now apply at the 1st opportunity ie Monday?

My 400k was in the bank on the 1st of September, so what date do I apply for 12 months. Is it 1st of November or 56 days 8 weeks after the 1st?

3 did I read that those on long term Non Imm can get 90 extra days?

TIA

10 minutes ago, Mosha said:

1 Are immigration now saying those wanting 60 days must now apply at the 1st opportunity ie Monday?

I have seen nothing stating that.

My 400k was in the bank on the 1st of September, so what date do I apply for 12 months. Is it 1st of November or 56 days 8 weeks after the 1st?

The 2 months in the bank will be the 1st of November.

3 did I read that those on long term Non Imm can get 90 extra days?

No

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have seen nothing stating that.

The 2 months in the bank will be the 1st of November.

No

Maybe I'm misreading this article from yesterday. It mentions extensions and long stay visas after the tourist info.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/tourists-to-get-unlimited-30-day-extensions-to-stay-after-visa-amnesty-ends-77201.php

19 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Maybe I'm misreading this article from yesterday. It mentions extensions and long stay visas after the tourist info.

I don't see anything in that article about extensions and long stay visas (maybe in the replies and comments about it).

I think the article is a bit misleading. I would prefer to see something written from immigration about it.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't see anything in that article about extensions and long stay visas (maybe in the replies and comments about it).

I think the article is a bit misleading. I would prefer to see something written from immigration about it.

OK thank you.

16 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Hi guys. I have my 60 days from the 26th, and have to apply for 1 year before the 11th November. I'm going down on the 2nd.

To apply for a one year extension of stay there is no minimum number of days to do it other than the day your permit to stay ends.

The 15 days before is only to apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa at immigration.

• Like 2