Visa Extension.

My Mrs called Ranong immigration this morning to ask about a 60 extension, and they told her I needed a document or letter from the British Embassy. I've talked to call but I just go round in circles listening to recorded messages. Any advice please?

It seems as though a lot was lost in translation. If you are on a tourist entry, your immigration office may be refusing normal 30-day and 60-day extensions, based on their interpretation of the latest rules. That could be why they say your only valid option is the special 30-day extension with a letter from your embassy.

52 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think your immigration office is confused. The letter from your embassy is to apply for a special 30 day extension.

And as far I know the UK embassy are not doing them yet.

What type of visa did you use for entry to the country?

Probably best to go to the office prepared to apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Some offices will also want a recent printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can be requested at any Amphoe.

I thought I'd answered, but it apparently didn't go.

OK thank you Joe.

I'm on a Non imm type O based on marriage. My wife has a hospital appointment on the 19th, she's had a hysterectomy last month. That's another reason I want an extension. She's not ready for heavy lifting yet. We'll pop down to Immigration after the appointment, and get some clarification.

10 minutes ago, BritTim said:

It seems as though a lot was lost in translation. If you are on a tourist entry, your immigration office may be refusing normal 30-day and 60-day extensions, based on their interpretation of the latest rules. That could be why they say your only valid option is the special 30-day extension with a letter from your embassy.

I'm on a Non Imm type O based on marriage.

i dont want to stress you but khon kaen and nonthaburi immigration told me i cannot get visiting family 60 day extension because my visa is expired while we are in amnesty (8th May). Also i never extend it before. Im on non-o multi I know they are wrong but when they say no, its a no.

just check again your visa and rayong immigration again. 

PS: i paid 29K to an agency and they are doing my 1 year non-o now. its taking time but i know they are doing it because my friend suggested to me and he did before. im in 5th week now and i think i will get it this wednesday or friday.

Edited by problemfarang

26 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I've read this also on the forum and I don't trust immigration to issue the extension. I guess it depends on the office you visit.

6 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

i dont want to stress you but khon kaen and nonthaburi immigration told me i cannot get visiting family 60 day extension because my visa is expired while we are in amnesty (8th May). Also i never extend it before. I know they are wrong but when they say no, its a no.

just check again your visa and rayong immigration again. 

Visa expires 11th Nov. It's Ranong not Rayong.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No problem to apply for a 60 day extension unless you have applied for one since your last entry to the country.

Again thank you. No It'll be my 1st on this visa.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No problem to apply for a 60 day extension unless you have applied for one since your last entry to the country.

Again thank you. No It'll be my 1st on this visa.

Hi Mosha,

Attached below the requirements when applying for that 60-day extension of stay:

The 60-day extension of stay can be done for ANY type of entry or extension of stay.

See excerpt from police order 327/2557, and note that it does not mention Visa type.

image.png.6c740c2775681d6ee2e431aade503028.png

When you apply for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your Thai wife, she will have to be with you when you apply and she has to bring her ID-card and a copy of it. 

You would also need to provide proof of residence.

If your wife is the owner of the place you are staying, a copy of the house-book from that place will do.  When renting, a copy of the rental agreement will be needed with signed copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by the owner.

To prove you are (still) married, you need to bring the original Kor Ror 3 (Thai marriage certificate) as well as a copy of it. And most offices will also want a recent printout (not older than 1 week) of your Kor Ror 2 (certificate of Thai marriage registration), which can be requested at any Amphoe and will be issued on the spot (cost between 5 and 20 THB).

You will also need a completed TM7 form (see attached) with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, as well as copies of your passport photo page, Visa sticker, entry stamp (with permission to stay date) and your TM6 departure card.

> When you have all of the above and are still whisked away, politely request to talk to the officer in charge of your local IO, or call the IO helpline 1178 when at the officers desk.  Do stand your ground because when meeting the requirements there is absolutely NO reason for not accepting your application.

TM-7 - Application for Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom.pdf

9 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

When you apply for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your Thai wife, she will have to be with you when you apply and she has to bring her ID-card and a copy of it. 

A copy of her house book registry is also required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi Mosha,

Attached below the requirements when applying for that 60-day extension of stay:

The 60-day extension of stay can be done for ANY type of entry or extension of stay.

See excerpt from police order 327/2557, and note that it does not mention Visa type.

image.png.6c740c2775681d6ee2e431aade503028.png

You would also need to provide proof of residence.

If your wife is the owner of the place you are staying, a copy of the house-book from that place will do.  When renting, a copy of the rental agreement will be needed with signed copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by the owner.

To prove you are (still) married, you need to bring the original Kor Ror 3 (Thai marriage certificate) as well as a copy of it. And most offices will also want a recent printout (not older than 1 week) of your Kor Ror 2 (certificate of Thai marriage registration), which can be requested at any Amphoe and will be issued on the spot (cost between 5 and 20 THB).

You will also need a completed TM7 form (see attached) with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, as well as copies of your passport photo page, Visa sticker, entry stamp (with permission to stay date) and your TM6 departure card.

> When you have all of the above and are still whisked away, politely request to talk to the officer in charge of your local IO, or call the IO helpline 1178 when at the officers desk.  Do stand your ground because when meeting the requirements there is absolutely NO reason for not accepting your application.

TM-7 - Application for Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom.pdf 81.6 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you Peter. The Police Order number is very useful.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ballbearing said:

Is the 60 day extension of stay available to those whose Non O visas have expired during the amnesty (May 2020) ?

You visas validity means nothing after you are in the country. It is only the last day you use it to enter the country.

They have been doing the extension for those whose 90 day permit to stay they got when entering the country has expired and are now on the "automatic extension" allowed by the amnesty.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ballbearing said:

Peter,

Is the 60 day extension of stay available to those whose Non O visas have expired during the amnesty (May 2020) ?

Most IOs will accept your application for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your thai wife or thai dependant children, and will let it start from day of application (see requirements that need to be met in post #15).

But there are some IOs that will not accept your application because they want you to apply from a 'valid' permission to stay and not from the Amnesty extension.

Enquiring at your local IO is recommended, and in case of not-acceptance and you having no other options left you could consider temporarily / administratively relocating to a near-by province with a more accommodating IO.

OK this sounds odd. A friend called Chiang Mai Immigration to ask what was required for a 12 month Retirement Extension. He was told they now want a full length photo. He's had this confirmed by another expat. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mosha said:

OK this sounds odd. A friend called Chiang Mai Immigration to ask what was required for a 12 month Retirement Extension. He was told they now want a full length photo. He's had this confirmed by another expat. 

When and for what use?

43 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Why would they need that? Determining the applicant's mobility?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

When and for what use?

8 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Why would they need that? Determining the applicant's mobility?

interesting. The agency im using also took my face-body part photo for the IO too.  You can say full length but not my legs. like my face and belly-hip length

• Like 1

OK we've just got back from Ranong. Point blank refused a 60 day extension. Even showed the Police Order number 327/2557. All I got was please leave by air before the 26th. So times up, now I have to call the British Embassy.