Retirement renewal

What are the documents needed for renewal.  I.E. how many months  of the bank statement etc.  I was told today one can renews until 1 week before due as before it was a month.  I was also told one need to have their marriage certificate translated but didn't ever do in the past.  I asked the IO for the complete list but wasn't succesful.

Thanks

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The IO told me this morning.  Nongkhai.  I asked her mean one month and she said no "one week'

Marriage certificate:  My wife is a follower and they requested that I take it to Bangkok Foreign affairs' and have it translated last time but said ok but next time i had to do it which is coming up now.

• Confused 1

Not a surprise since it is Nong Khai immigration.

If it is in English a translation is not required. 

if you could find a translation service in Nong Khai to do it you could sent by it mail to the Department of Consular Affairs in Bangkok to be certified.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bounchan said:

The IO told me this morning.  Nongkhai.  I asked her mean one month and she said no "one week'

Marriage certificate:  My wife is a follower and they requested that I take it to Bangkok Foreign affairs' and have it translated last time but said ok but next time i had to do it which is coming up now.

The "Legalized" marriage certificate has been a requirement since 2016 here in NST for my wife to follow.

To be accepted here in NST I had to send the original of our marriage certificate to my consulate along with a cover letter and payment to receive a consulate "certified true copy". The certified true copy only is accepted for official legalization by the MoFA.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs DID NOT accept a translation from a translator here in NST. In fact when I did use one of their suggested translators in BKK near Changwattana the MoFA had several edits they wanted the translator to do so I had to take it back to the translator, then back to MoFA again.

In subsequent year I did not travel to Changwattana I used a company named BHI Media (their office is in the MoFA building in Changwattana). I sent the following to them: original marriage certificate; the certified true copy of the marriage certificate; a sample of the previous year's translation; copy of picture page, previous extension page, and arrival card page of my passport (must have more than 15 days remaining permitted to stay); the completed MoFA legalization application form; and a signed power of attorney. Cost was 1,160 baht plus postage.

Five day turnaround by mail.

Hope that helps.

Edited by mikebike
sp
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Why would you need to show your marriage certificate if you are applying based upon retirement?

I have had a retirement visa for 12 years, base mainly on a monthly income plus all the other documents..

My IO in Rai Khing serving nakhon pathom have always asked every year for my marriage certificate?

I always wondered if i became single again if it would affect my renewal if I could not produce one?

17 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I have had a retirement visa for 12 years, base mainly on a monthly income plus all the other documents..

My IO in Rai Khing serving nakhon pathom have always asked every year for my marriage certificate?

I always wondered if i became single again if it would affect my renewal if I could not produce one?

They might be asking to help prove your residence if no rental contract?

18 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Are you living at a house she owns and using her house book as your proof of residence? That is the only reason to ask for it I can think of.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you living at a house she owns and using her house book as your proof of residence? That is the only reason to ask for it I can think of.

We are buying our own apartment yes, in her name.

They have proof of mortgage from the bank, photos of the apartment etc... that was given 10 years ago when we started to purchase the new home.
But every year they still want to see the original/copies of the marriage certificate & copies of her id card signed by her.

40 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Same, when I was married they wanted to see the marriage cert every year,

When I got divorced my extension was done by means of being a parent, wanted to see my son's birth cert, and my divorce cert.

I got divorced while on an O visa however not an extension. That makes a huge difference

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Nah I been doing Retirement extensions for 7 yrs. No marriage cert. 

Just GF.   They thought first that we were married .  Owning our own Home. Got Yellow book.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 11:17 AM, Bounchan said:

I was also told one need to have their marriage certificate translated but didn't ever do in the past.  I asked the IO for the complete list but wasn't succesful.

Did you not get married in Thailand ? why do they need a translation ????

32 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Did you not get married in Thailand ? why do they need a translation ????

His wife is not Thai. She is applying for an extension for being a member of his family based upon his extension of stay.

• Thanks 2