Bangkok condo probed after infected Malaysian’s visit

webfact

8 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

He also said that health investigators will also try to discover how the Malaysian man was infected and by whom.

If you ever decide to start testing more people, as many other countries do, you might get nearer to finding why your "Covid numbers" are, allegedly, zero.

No testing, no sign of said virus. 

Would it be the best to test the entire population in Thailand AND it's visitors? Then the COVID numbers would be 100% accurate - leave out 1 person, and he could be the infected one... 

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, lostmebike said:

Of course! Just like the Egyptian soldier that never infected anyone on his cross-provincial travels.

The government's extensive testing once again proving to the whole world that Thailand is Covid free!

'Covid free' I'd assumed we'd all be charged a fee for contracting it.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Redline said:

I’m curious what under investigation means?  This was posted yesterday on TV.

It looks like many possible cases in Thailand 

246FEFA3-E1E2-4416-88B9-12917282FC27.png

One wonders if the under investigation figure is the Thai deaths this year that were not tested - and probably bodies burned before testing, hence under investigation (and never to be sorted)  - usual thai deaths would be about 330000 by August

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hioctane said:

Regardless if you test or not... if there are real cases, they will eventually show up at the hospital. 

Not necessarily.

One could have CV, have no symptoms and be blissfully unaware, but still be a carrier.

Or

One could have CV, have very minor symptoms which pass in a few days and still be a carrier.

Neither of those scenarios would require a visit to any sort of medical facility.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VBF said:

Not necessarily.

One could have CV, have no symptoms and be blissfully unaware, but still be a carrier.

Or

One could have CV, have very minor symptoms which pass in a few days and still be a carrier.

Neither of those scenarios would require a visit to any sort of medical facility.

But sooner or later some of the contacts would be trotting off to the hospital, not everyone is going to get away lightly.

Mass testing for the sake of it is just a waste of resources. Different matter if new cases were rising significantly.

My niece is a junior doctor at a fairly large government hospital in Bangkok and they have had very few cases all told. Late March one of her colleagues got infected and our niece was sent home for a couple of weeks to isolate, but all ok.

There is very little virus in the community and the government is right to try and keep it that way.

19 hours ago, Redline said:

I’m curious what under investigation means?  This was posted yesterday on TV.

It looks like many possible cases in Thailand 

246FEFA3-E1E2-4416-88B9-12917282FC27.png

I believe, PUI generally means people who present with symptoms that resemble CV symptoms, but have yet to have any CV confirmed diagnosis.

But that PUI number is a cumulative total since the very beginning... and folk's don't get removed from that tally at all.... after either they become a confirmed virus case or they're diagnosed with something else.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, rtco said:

Mmmmmmm ... really!!?!?!?

Low risk he contracted the disease in Los. 15 minus 5 = 10 so within the incubation period of 14 days.

He must have caught it during Quarantine how else? I guess there could be a few common cold cases around where he stayed, maybe a few deaths from pneumonia. 

11 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I believe, PUI generally means people who present with symptoms that resemble CV symptoms, but have yet to have any CV confirmed diagnosis.

But that PUI number is a cumulative total since the very beginning... and folk's don't get removed from that tally at all.... after either they become a confirmed virus case or they're diagnosed with something else.

It’s hard to believe they have diagnosed 400,000 people, in addition to the regular hospital visits, which most hospitals are quite steadily busy.  They certainly don’t have that many tests-guess we will never know 

18 hours ago, hioctane said:

Regardless if you test or not... if there are real cases, they will eventually show up at the hospital. 

Nope. As pointed out, they have undoubtedly shown up and been conveniently ticked off as catchall pneumonia - esp last year when it wasn't a thing. If you've done serious time there, understand the hierarchical system and extreme lengths certain quarters go to protect face - and to be seen to be doing a sterling job - you would get it. Thailand ain't special with regard this disease. Look who's running the place!