immigration-bank

7 minutes ago, thoengthaied said:

This all seems to be a very long winded process and I'm not sure if I'm on the right track. Could you please advise. Regards, thoengthaied.

You are indeed sidetracked.

For 1 year extension applications you require proof of meeting the financial requirements and a letter from your Thai bank which confirms your name, your account details and the balance.

This is a standard letter the bank should be familiar with.

I believe your confusing this standard letter with 'additional' proof.

As your using the income method of overseas transfers paid directly by DWP, Citibank use the 'Bahtnet' system of transfer through the Bank of Thailand, to your Bangkok Bank account.

Your bank statements and Passbook will therefore have the Bahtnet or BNT codes as the transfer method used (which is International).

First check if Jomtien are already familiar with the 'Bahtnet'/'BNT' coding and accept them as International transfers - if they do, problem solved.

If they don't, this is where you need additional proof that the transfers came from overseas.

If Bangkok bank can provide you with a print out of the source of income, from each transaction as you described above, that should be sufficient proof.

Alternatively Bangkok Bank can confirm by letter 'BNT' is an International transfer method, or as the case last year at my IO, Bangkok Bank actually spoke to Immigration and explained the 'BNT' coding, which they now automatically accept as International transfers.

Thanks Tanoshi. I guess I should just have asked the bank if they would provide that standard letter confirming my 13 BNT transfers in the year are the sum of my pension income. That was probably too easy for me! I'll probably go in to the bank and ask for a 6 month statement in December and June, and get them to print out the 13 individual transaction details. Hopefully Immi will confirm to me that is all that is required when I go in 3 weeks from now.