will the baht strengthen ,or not?

5 hours ago, Chivas said:

Apologies for late response

Yes they've been on and off it for some years

Thailand has been on the radar as a currency manipulator for some while now.  They like to push the limits.  Time will tell how long the west is prepared to put up with it.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Barnabe said:

More importantly, they own THE global reserve currency, supported by the aforementioned guns and bombs.

The global reserve currency isn't worth as much as the guns and bombs, which gives global power.  

China is staking its claim.  Would not be surprised to see another Cold War.  

Just now, Leaver said:

The global reserve currency isn't worth as much as the guns and bombs, which gives global power.  

China is staking its claim.  Would not be surprised to see another Cold War.  

They'll have a hard time replacing the dollar. I agree regarding the guns and bombs, but inertia is a powerful force. Especially when a lot of different countries with different goals are involved.

3 minutes ago, Barnabe said:

They'll have a hard time replacing the dollar. I agree regarding the guns and bombs, but inertia is a powerful force. Especially when a lot of different countries with different goals are involved.

China has ambitions that the Renminbi replaces the US Dollar as the world currency.  I never suggested they would succeed, at least, not in my lifetime. 

However, I would not be surprised to see, in my lifetime, a Cold War against China, similar to that of Russia in the past.