Retirement Extension

I've got a bit confused on this one, I have done a search, and now I'm more confused.

I'm currently on my 3rd retirement extension.  UK citizen.

So, for clarity.

Money in bank method, my understanding is;

฿800.000 in bank for 2 months before extension.

Has to remain there for 3 months after.

Here's where I get confused; 

After that 3 months, up until 2 months before my next extension is due, how much do I have to leave in the bank? 

I thought it was ฿400,000, but I'm being told - "man in the pub" told - that it's the full ฿800,000 now????

I'm concerned because I've already dropped below the ฿800,000 and I don't want to have to go through the whole rigmarole again.

Help please.

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The person in the pub was wrong. It is 400k baht after 3 months until you top up your account to 800k baht for 2 months before the day you apply.

Answered, and from the expert.

I'll sleep better tonight.  ????

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've not read of one report of a person dropping below the limit and being refused an extension. Maybe i missed it

True, but, for an acquaintance of mine that did drop below the 400k threshold, it cost 30k to correct the "misunderstanding".

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've not read of one report of a person dropping below the limit and being refused an extension. Maybe i missed it

there was a report of someone dropping below a little early, and being refused for the following years extension

edit not sure of the exact circumstances

Edited by steve187

28 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

There have been seversal, including soem that dropped by just a very tiny amount.

26 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The 400k doesn't bother me, it was the 800k, I dropped to about 760k after the 3 months check and was worried that there was a new rule that I'd missed.  Happy now.

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

True, but, for an acquaintance of mine that did drop below the 400k threshold, it cost 30k to correct the "misunderstanding".

He was stiffed because you can get the extension for 12k, they probably smelt blood

Edited by scubascuba3