Elaborate Scams

Savage

The mother of a friend of mine had a similar thing happen to her at the Amarin Plaza McDonald's. Stranger approaches, sits down, that's the last she remembers until she wakes up relieved of her valuables.

Police at the time believed that a powdered, tasteless tranquilizer was hidden in a drinking straw, and the perpetrators put the straw on the little dispensing machine just before the lady went to grab one. They then followed her to her table, waited for the drug to take effect, then graciously "helped" her into a taxi as she started to fade. Next thing she knows, she's dumped by the side of the road outside of town.

This stuff does happen, though I don't know how they introduce the drug by simply grabbing someone.

The mother of a friend of mine had a similar thing happen to her at the Amarin Plaza McDonald's. Stranger approaches, sits down, that's the last she remembers until she wakes up relieved of her valuables.

Police at the time believed that a powdered, tasteless tranquilizer was hidden in a drinking straw, and the perpetrators put the straw on the little dispensing machine just before the lady went to grab one. They then followed her to her table, waited for the drug to take effect, then graciously "helped" her into a taxi as she started to fade. Next thing she knows, she's dumped by the side of the road outside of town.

This stuff does happen, though I don't know how they introduce the drug by simply grabbing someone.

That wouldn't work too well if the victim was in company. Say 4 friends together. What if a child got that straw? Would probably be dead. Not what a scammer would want. :o

Agree, the police were just making a guess, don't seem to know how it works, either. The key is, the drug needs to take effect immediatly, this doesn't sound like a 'spiking' operation. So far, no plausible explanation. If injected, or skin scratched, victims would have reported it, a spray, in a public place, first time on target without anybody noticing, including the victim? Anything that would penetrate the skin would put the villains at risk themselves. I am puzzled.

I was drugged by a BG one night in Nana, She somehow must of slipped it in my

carlsberg. I started feeling very sleepy and i put 2 and 2 together and made a bee-line

to my hotel. She followed me and I was staggering and she kept trying to make me

sit down (i guess to let the drug take its full affect so she could rob me) but

somehow I pressed on and made it to my hotel and told reception what happened

to me. They said this girl does it all the time and to go sleep it off. :o

If the Hotel says she does it all the time ,then they must be in on it also.NAME AND SHAME This HOTEL !!!!!!

That wouldn't work too well if the victim was in company. Say 4 friends together. What if a child got that straw? Would probably be dead. Not what a scammer would want. :o

Obviously, they choose their victims carefully. Interesting that in both of these cases the victim was a wealthy, older, local woman. (Actually, my friend's mother was Vietnamese, but she would have appeared to be local to anyone seeing her).

It happened to my friend's wife in the Robinsons in Siracha..

His wife is Thai. There were two Thai women, one crying and very upset. One of the Thai women said to my friends wife that the other woman had been robbed and could she help...maybe she could help them by phoning the police.They took the upset woman in the corner of a Pizzahut and sat her down....I think the other woman got some cokes..My friends wife remembers nothing else. She came round about 20 minutes later still sat in the Pizzahut. Her jewelry, phone and money had gone. She was now confused and upset.

The Pizzahut manager phoned my friend at work and he came there. They called the police. The police said it had happened several times in the same shopping centre....at this point my friend lost his cool with the police and asked what they were doing about it, if they knew it was going on.

Believe it or believe it not..the choice is yours....

But forewarned is forearmed....the land of smiles has also got some sharp teeth.