Used Cars Thailand What does it mean when the ad says Red Tag Label or Red Label Price?

Thomas J

I see numerous ads for used cars that reference Red Tag or Red Label price.  It is different than what the price that at least they are posting as the for sale price for the car.  What exactly does the Red Tag or Red Label Price mean? 

35 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

Never heard of those price references.  On which website do you see these ads, any examples?

Hi Tea,

Some refer to Red Label condition, Red Label Car.  The last one has Special Price and Red Label Price 

image.png.f2c15c2f4b5becbb6f2ea05f1f51c236.png

image.png

Edited by Thomas J

5 minutes ago, steve187 said:

red label price = new price or price when new maybe

Steve187 I don't know either,  That is why I asked.  I think maybe it is total price, It also may be the original sticker price.  But I see it repeatedly in terms of both the condition of cars and in terms of price. 

Red plate price is price when new, given as a comparison. Never run on gas means never run on LPG/CNG etc - i.e. run on gasoline only.  LPG etc burns hot and clean without leaving any ash deposits on the seating faces of the valves. This allows microwelding to occur as the valves open and close and results in metal transfer. The upshot is accelerated wear of the valve seats. Hence a car never run on gaseous fuels should be in better condition.

Edited by HauptmannUK
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Red plate price is price when new, given as a comparison. Never run on gas means never run on LPG/CNG etc - i.e. run on gasoline only.  LPG etc burns hot and clean without leaving any ash deposits on the seating faces of the valves. This allows microwelding to occur as the valves open and close and results in metal transfer. The upshot is accelerated wear of the valve seats. Hence a car never run on gaseous fuels should be in better condition.

Edited 7 hours ago by HauptmannUK

HauptmannUK

Thanks, I had someone else say Red Label condition means no flood, no crash etc.  But what you say about Red Label price makes sense.  I did not know about the LPG but that also makes sense.,  Thank You. 

21 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

No idea but I do like the ad for the GS

” Running for 2.3 hundred thousand kilograms “

” Never got gas “ !!

What in Buddhas name do they run that thing on ??

Petrol, not LPG.

Edited by Hi Tea

3 hours ago, Thomas J said:

HauptmannUK

Thanks, I had someone else say Red Label condition means no flood, no crash etc.  But what you say about Red Label price makes sense.  I did not know about the LPG but that also makes sense.,  Thank You. 

Yes, red plate condition = as new condition.

Red plate price = price when new.