Younger protesters may lack understanding, warns psychologist

webfact

Girls are more emotionally expressive than boys and so more tend to join activities that allow them to express themselves, she explained.

Ok...and can you kindly tell us using the same reductionist and myopic rhetoric, why boys join activities? Because there are girls there? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rockbottom said:

Ok...and can you kindly tell us using the same reductionist and myopic rhetoric, why boys join activities? Because there are girls there? 

Maybe she talks about her personal hysterical conniption when she sees her medieval world order questioned? :coffee1:

Or is it because of Penguins belly? ????

Penguin is a true hero , by the way. So brave!

I guess this woman only watches Nation.TV, telling herself she isn't biased.. it's the kids who have too much access to other sources, that obviously makes them 'confused' and 'misunderstand', creation 'division'. We should all watch Nation TV and praise men in green and yellow who run the country. 555

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Seen it all before. Marxism appeals to the young, until they realise that an ordered and disciplined society is necessary for them to raise their children. 

In here the marxists are the Sino-Thai commie wannabies.

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2020 at 6:05 PM, scorecard said:

I do know this, my 16 year old granddaughter is talking bout it more and more (in advanced English), she's well aware of the benefits of quality democracy, the factors needed to build and maintain democracy, equal fair justice, freedom of speech and a lot more ans she can debate these items, she clearly understands.

We discovered a few months ago there's a small group of students at he school who have the same knowledge and understand. Many are from Thai/farang marriages.

I asked her where she's getting all this detailed knowledge and understanding. Her response 'more and more kids are realising that politics, government, police, education and more in very successful countries is very different and we like what we see, and many have been doing a lot of search to understand and to identify specifically what's wrong in the LOS. 

she's well aware of the benefits of quality democracy, the factors needed to build and maintain democracy, equal fair justice, freedom of speech

Perhaps you can inform us as to where that exists? I've been in many countries that are supposedly "democratic" but are not, in practice, democratic.

Only country that comes near, IMO is Switzerland.

Children, in my experience as a child, tend to believe anything that is popular, whether correct or not.

I asked her where she's getting all this detailed knowledge and understanding. Her response 'more and more kids are realising that politics, government, police, education and more in very successful countries is very different and we like what we see,

Being children, they don't know that what they think they see is just "greener grass over the fence". It's a mirage. We've been regaled for months as how bad the US police are, but according to your granddaughter they are better than the Thai cops.

Children, being children without any life experience, any maturity, and easily led are not the people to be telling us how to live. Children were supporters of Pol Pot's revolution, killing with the worst of them. Mao's diabolical Red Guard were also children.

On 8/22/2020 at 11:53 PM, faraday said:

I doubt that the 'man of many watches' has any clue as to how young people are feeling.

When I was young person no one gave a monkey's how we felt, and quite rightly as were knew nothing.

Young people today don't give a monkey's how I feel, so back at them.

43 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

she's well aware of the benefits of quality democracy, the factors needed to build and maintain democracy, equal fair justice, freedom of speech

Perhaps you can inform us as to where that exists? I've been in many countries that are supposedly "democratic" but are not, in practice, democratic.

Only country that comes near, IMO is Switzerland.

Children, in my experience as a child, tend to believe anything that is popular, whether correct or not.

I asked her where she's getting all this detailed knowledge and understanding. Her response 'more and more kids are realising that politics, government, police, education and more in very successful countries is very different and we like what we see,

Being children, they don't know that what they think they see is just "greener grass over the fence". It's a mirage. We've been regaled for months as how bad the US police are, but according to your granddaughter they are better than the Thai cops.

Children, being children without any life experience, any maturity, and easily led are not the people to be telling us how to live. Children were supporters of Pol Pot's revolution, killing with the worst of them. Mao's diabolical Red Guard were also children.

"We've been regaled for months as how bad the US police are, but according to your granddaughter they are better than the Thai cops."

Where did I say that?

A post with a link to Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

considering two other topics I saw this morning, the 22.5B baht purchase of 2 submarines, and that officials met with the parents of a 3 year-old who gave the 3-finger salute, the younger protesters completely understand the present government and its antics.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When I was young person no one gave a monkey's how we felt, and quite rightly as were knew nothing.

Young people today don't give a monkey's how I feel, so back at them.

Younger people these days are better informed about the world and form opinions regarding ethics, right from wrong , and remember many of the younger people have the information from many sources to make informed decisions. Many are also from Universities and higher colleges of learning and have had the benefit in many instances of overseas experience and education

On 8/23/2020 at 2:06 AM, dbrenn said:

Seen it all before. Marxism appeals to the young, until they realise that an ordered and disciplined society is necessary for them to raise their children. 

Marxism basically means democracy everywhere from the workplace to anything else people come together. But democracy is a very scary thought for some people. 

3 minutes ago, Donutz said:

Marxism basically means democracy everywhere from the workplace to anything else people come together. But democracy is a very scary thought for some people. 

In theory, but in practice it has lead to the most authoritarian states in the world, with a brutal ruling class and peasants with near nothing under them, the anti-thesis of democracy. Like most ideologies, opportunist strongmen twisted it to their own uses. Lenin, Trotsky, Stalin, Mao, etc.

20 hours ago, scorecard said:

"We've been regaled for months as how bad the US police are, but according to your granddaughter they are better than the Thai cops."

Where did I say that?

"I asked her where she's getting all this detailed knowledge and understanding. Her response 'more and more kids are realising that politics, government, police, education and more in very successful countries is very different and we like what we see"

Edited by thaibeachlovers

9 hours ago, Donutz said:

Marxism has never resulted in anything near "democracy". It never will, because, IMO, people like strong leaders, and power always corrupts.

15 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Younger people these days are better informed about the world and form opinions regarding ethics, right from wrong , and remember many of the younger people have the information from many sources to make informed decisions. Many are also from Universities and higher colleges of learning and have had the benefit in many instances of overseas experience and education

If "younger people" are so clever now, why do some:

have a mobile phone in their hands all the time and walk into things because not looking where they are going,

believe everything they read on social media,

are too stupid to realise that if they are getting bullied on social media they can just not go on it and read the attacks,

are so dumb they have to use a calculator to work out that if I buy something that costs 30 cents and I give them 50 cents my change is 20 cents?

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

have a mobile phone in their hands all the time and walk into things because not looking where they are going,

are too stupid to realise that if they are getting bullied on social media they can just not go on it and read the attacks,

are so dumb they have to use a calculator to work out that if I buy something that costs 30 cents and I give them 50 cents my change is 20 cents?

Not really the point and you know it.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh dear and what does this have to do with being better informed than their older generations, which your gross over generalisations have proven.

• Like 1