Biden to lay out vision for post-Trump America as he accepts Democratic nomination

webfact

4 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

I thought he outlined the main ones quite clearly;-

1. First day in office, get on top of the pandemic.

2. Make sure medicare and Obamacare are protected.

3. Unite the country.

If however you want to hear his policies on 46 other main issues (from opening the schools safely to bankruptcy reform) you can read them all here https://joebiden.com/joes-vision/

Presuming the Democrats retain the house, get the Senate and biden-harris gets elected, I seriously hope they get comprehensive health insurance reform done in the first 4 years.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ExpatOK said:

The speech was a joke like Biden himself. He turned off the small Dem triple-digit IQ crowd with his statement about climate change.

The speech was described as well done and effective and delivered with pace, rhythm and energy. Went as far as a speech that unified and a home run. All these superlatives from Fox hosts like Laura Ingraham, Diana Perino, Chris Wallace and others. That will make you a joke. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

Why would I want to see anything the Trump hating ABC and even worse the Guardian have to say? They are not reporters any longer they are political activists with an agenda

It's your Trump's own words! Lol!

Quotes from the two articles linked by simple1:

"The deep state, or whoever, over at the FDA is making it very difficult for drug companies to get people in order to test the vaccines and therapeutics. Obviously, they are hoping to delay the answer until after November 3rd." ????

“The Democrats took the word GOD out of the Pledge of Allegiance at the Democrat [sic] National Convention,” the president wrote.

“At first I thought they made a mistake, but it wasn’t. It was done on purpose. Remember Evangelical Christians, and ALL, this is where they are coming from – it’s done. Vote Nov[ember] 3!” ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rancid said:

In most duopolies the parties take turns wrecking the economy, enriching the same sponsors, and screwing the poor and middle classes.

Have no love for Trump, nor his opponent, but as the old saying goes putting lipstick on a pig doesn't change that its still a pig.

Sadly the reality is that most politicians are liars, crooks and incompetent. Their only role is to give the rich access to suck the National Treasury dry. Voting blue or red changes absolutely nothing. Bread and circuses.

Classic undermining of democracy type post.imo never before in history have so large a group of people lived so well or as peacefully pre trump.trump is imo attempting to wreck our democracy so he can take advantage with the low interest rates and dark money Joe Biden and the majority of Americans are trying to save our democracy we will rise to the challenge and take our country back from grifter trump and crew and banish foreign enemies from trying to rigg our elections 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Sujo said:

So trump sent in people that did what. Nothing?

They protected Federal buildings.

But Democrat Mayors and Governers called them Stormtroopers - have to keep a Nazi quote on hand do the left.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

The fact is Biden did well reading a speech.

The fact is, he'll struggle through a debate (as shown with this video presenting my argument) - and the BEST thing the Dems can do is find a reason to blame Trump for him not turning up.

no names or cheap digs appeared in my posts

That’s some crystal ball you’ve got there. Can you also tell us exactly what charges Trump will be indicted on next year?

Edited by johnnybangkok

36 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

They protected Federal buildings.

But Democrat Mayors and Governers called them Stormtroopers - have to keep a Nazi quote on hand do the left.

No they didnt. They went out on the streets. If so successful why did trump stop using them. You must be disappointed in him.

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

You have to be joking - how can a president be classified as an 'amazing communicator' with a record of more than 20,000 false and misleading comments since coming to power.

Some recent 'amazing communications'...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-23/donald-trump-accuses-fda-deep-state-of-slowing-covid-trials/12586802

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/22/donald-trump-democrats-god-pledge

An amazing communicator for specific crowds. Can't argue with that. The issue is that the comment and praise seem to hold for Americans (and specifically, voters) as a whole. This is, of course, wrong.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExpatOK said:

The speech was a joke like Biden himself. He turned off the small Dem triple-digit IQ crowd with his statement about climate change.

Is the last bit a fact, or an alternative fact?

3 hours ago, pedro01 said:

So he's a good reader? 

So is my 10 year old. 

Well, Biden and your daughter may be. You obviously aren't.

Unless you didn't really miss the point there, and went for the pointless, childish deflection.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pedro01 said:

The people allowing it to happen are Democrat Governors and Mayors.

And yet another deflection. Your original post was about Democrats using the protests/riots as a political tool. My response was that using such instances as political tool etc. is pretty much a given, and definitely not something limited to one of the political sides. So once more, were you actually trying to claim Trump does not use the situation for political purposes?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Perhaps - when you make a comment about a post - you could quote the post you are referring to instead of a different one.

As it is - the point is valid. My 10 year old can read sentences fluently and tell a good story.

This is not a difficult skill to master. Hence - he will struggle to debate, regardless of how eloquent he sounded in this speech. 

My personal opinion is that teleprompters should be banned for political speeches. It's farcical that we judge a man based on the words written by another. 

Really? So reading a speech effectivelyy is more or less just like reading to yourself? In that case,  given Trump's poor delivery of prepared speeches, then we only have more evidence that Trump has serious difficulty reading anything. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Perhaps - when you make a comment about a post - you could quote the post you are referring to instead of a different one.

As it is - the point is valid. My 10 year old can read sentences fluently and tell a good story.

This is not a difficult skill to master. Hence - he will struggle to debate, regardless of how eloquent he sounded in this speech. 

My personal opinion is that teleprompters should be banned for political speeches. It's farcical that we judge a man based on the words written by another. 

What's really farcical is that you believe that, before teleprompters existed, speeches were generally delivered extemporaneously.

Edited by rcummings
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1