SamuiJens

Well I will be honest

I came to thailand in 1997, for the first time

did not know what to expect,

Fell in love with the people and there way of life,

Opened my eyes to how lucky I was in many ways living in the UK

Had a realy cheap and full on Holliday,

I could have 1month here for the price of 2 weeks in Europe

Better weather and a totaly different culture.

I did not go for the women, but did evently dable,

the met my wife in Koh Sumui the rest is now history

Could not be happier Beautiful Thai wife and 2 equaly beautiful Kids

Templer

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Jen's I replied because you asked if not the ladies then what? You got your answer - if you'd rather not to hear the truth.

garro- don't think morals have nought to do with it. :o

Brit - I disagree, there are single guys who come to Thailand who wouldn't dream of going with a Thai women (especially a BG) because they feel it would be morally wrong. Agree with them or not that is how they feel.

There are also those who don't fancy Thai women. I remember going to Koh Samui a few years ago and I had no interest in Thai women, there were plenty of western single women there on holiday availible for sex.

I would give Garro right about the women on Samui, you can almost take your pick.

sexpats coming to Samui for Western birds? Now thats not very moral..... :D

If you had seen some of the women I went with you would nominate me for sainthood! I provided plenty of mercy shags that year. :D

Well Jen's I replied because you asked if not the ladies then what? You got your answer - if you'd rather not to hear the truth.

garro- don't think morals have nought to do with it. :o

Brit - I disagree, there are single guys who come to Thailand who wouldn't dream of going with a Thai women (especially a BG) because they feel it would be morally wrong. Agree with them or not that is how they feel.

There are also those who don't fancy Thai women. I remember going to Koh Samui a few years ago and I had no interest in Thai women, there were plenty of western single women there on holiday availible for sex.

I would give Garro right about the women on Samui, you can almost take your pick.

sexpats coming to Samui for Western birds? Now thats not very moral..... :D

Agree brit, but that's high seasons for ya.

Funny that you would ask that particular question.

I first came to Thailand in 1978 or 1979, maybe it was 1977. I had completed a course in Buddhism at the University of British Columbia, had read some books about Southeast Asian history and culture and decided to visit Burma. When I attempted to book a flight to Burma in Bangkok, I was advised that nothing was available at that time, but Chiang Mai would do as a replacement since it had been under Burmese rule for a few hundred years and had a number of Burmese style temples, and so on. I went to Chiang Mai and stayed at the President Hotel. As a non-drinker, I never went to a bar, but I did meet two young ladies who worked in the gift shop of the hotel, and went out with one of them. When I say went out with her, I mean about eight friends tagged along to the restaurant and other day to the movie theatre.

During the late 1970s and early 1980s, it was impossible to learn a Southeast Asian language in Canada so I went to the University of Wisconsin to study Thai. Whilst at Madison it came to my attention that the University of Wisconsin was introducing a 'College Year in Thailand Program'. I joined the initial group of Wisconsin students who went to study in Chiang Mai. I studied Thai, Northern Thai, Thai and northern Thai history, culture, geography, art, literature and so on. I was able to present a paper at a Conference on Thai Studies in Bangkok about one of the early Mon rulers of Lamphun. I was invited to be part of the Wisconsin programme for a second year too. These years counted as my sophomore and junior years at the University of British Columbia.

Of the six students who were part of that programme, I was the only one not to live in Chiang Mai itself. I lived in a small rice-farming village about 12 miles outside of Chiang Mai, between Doi Saket and Bo Sang. These were two of the best years of my life even surpassing the two years I spent doing research in England for my Ph.D.

After completing my B.A., I returned to Southeast Asia, and have made three trips to Burma. Never went out with a woman Burma, or visited a bar. However, at the Mandalay aeroport, a young Kachin lady approached me and spoke to me for about 30 minutes. Near the end of the conversation, she indicated that she wanted to marry me, but mostly she wanted to get out of Burma. I declined the invitation. By the way, she was a stewardess for whatever the national airline was in Burma at the time.

She was not the only citizen of Burma to ask my help in getting them out of the country. The owner of one of Rangoon's best restaurants came to my table as I was about to leave and we engaged in aconversation. Finally, he blurted out, 'can you get me out of here!'. Fortunately, there was no proposal of marriage.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent in Thailand and Burma (limited to seven day visits at that time), and rapidly came under the spell of the people, culture, food and all that.

My last visit to Thailand was in December 2006, and it was on this trip that I intended to meet a Thai lady. We will meet again in August this year in Udon Thani, and we hope she can visit Toronto in the cold of the winter, December-February. We shall see.

Unlike the young Canadian lady, who studied at Ryerson University, and received the 10 m. baht engagment ring, my fiancee has received a much less expensive and smaller ring from someone who teaches at Ryerson University.

The upshot is that there is some truth to your question that my coming to Thailand has included female companionship, but not during the initial trips, and it was not my initial motive in visiting Thailand.

Great posts about how not everyone is a sex addict.

I love it when some go on about all the "<deleted>" reasons people use to stayin Thailand, when of course they're just here for the women and they're lying if they say otherwise.

Just because you're addicted to sex with Asian women doesn't mean everyone else is. I for one think it's hard to find good women for long term relationships in Thailand, just as it is anywhere I suppose.

My guess is most male tourists come first for sex and second for other things. More power to them!

I'm in the lowest category. Have always come to Thailand with a Thai woman (for almost 20 years).

Sometimes feels like bringing fried chicken to a KFC...

Quick question for you, SJ. If the guys truly come to Thailand for the women alone, and no other reason, then why do you think we Western women come to Thailand? Maybe, just maybe, the guys talking about the other delights of Thailand might be telling the truth. If Thai women were the only drawing point, there would be no Western women here, would there?

If you need to travel all the way around the world to feel like a stud, even though it’s with a prostitute, than of course you want to believe everybody else is doing it too. It is hard on self esteem to know most people in the world consider that to be a low standard eh?

Open your eyes; Thailand is an extraordinary place, the only really free place in this part of Asia; tropical living at a low cost, amazing food, plenty of opportunity to relax. There are hundreds of reasons to be here, that don’t involve your willy.

Funny replys, some won't admit they "hire" a girl for sex, and then you have the ones that love talking about it.

Whole point was the honesty on said subject!

And well said of of the dude who asked Britmavrick why he is giving an opinion.......... :D:o Brit

And some people brag that they don't pay thier ladies/GF any money or other material compensation. Funny, I never met one (Farang) who meets this description. I'd like to know where they find these "free" ladies.

There are so many guys who bullshit and bang on about how they come for everything EXCEPT the women. Yes, Thailand is a great country, but at the end of the day, there are many great countries in the world. The vast majority of guys who come to Thailand come for the women indeed- anything else is they spout is mainly <deleted>.

And yes, I love Thailand. But would I have come 3 times in the last year if it wasnt for the women??? I dont think so...... by the way, I'm not just talking about the bargirls. Obviously they come into it too from time to time ;-)

Ditto. But do you know something? They bore the hel_l out of me now!

I used to walk along Beach Road Pattaya and feel a stirring in my Loins....Now Zilch!

Edited by Luckydog

My guess is most male tourists come first for sex and second for other things. More power to them!

I'm in the lowest category. Have always come to Thailand with a Thai woman (for almost 20 years).

Sometimes feels like bringing fried chicken to a KFC...

Yeah! I used to say that the only miserable Farangs in Pattaya were those who had bought their wives/gfs......

Well I will be honest

I came to thailand in 1997, for the first time

did not know what to expect,

Fell in love with the people and there way of life,

Opened my eyes to how lucky I was in many ways living in the UK

Had a realy cheap and full on Holliday,

I could have 1month here for the price of 2 weeks in Europe

Better weather and a totaly different culture.

I did not go for the women, but did evently dable,

the met my wife in Koh Sumui the rest is now history

Could not be happier Beautiful Thai wife and 2 equaly beautiful Kids

Templer

Innit nice to see posts like this? Good on ya Templer.....

Met Ajahn Jumnien, abbot of Wat Tham Seua in Krabi in 1995 in California. He returned in 1996 and said I could stay for free at his temple. That's why I came. I suppose you could classify that as partially coming for the women as his temple has many more nuns than monks.

Married a Siam Commercial Bank teller in Hua Hin in 2003 and now have a baby boy. Life takes strange and wonderful turns. I love Thailand.

I think a better question is: why do people stay in Thailand? If you came only for the women, chances are you would not be here more than a year or two.

When I first came here I had a Thai GF – so in a sense, you can say it was for “a” woman, but not women in general. However, more central to my decision was how far my money would go in terms of lifestyle – far better than how I lived in the US. In the end, the lifestyle attracted me, and my current life, friends, etc. keeps me here.

Quick question for you, SJ. If the guys truly come to Thailand for the women alone, and no other reason, then why do you think we Western women come to Thailand? Maybe, just maybe, the guys talking about the other delights of Thailand might be telling the truth. If Thai women were the only drawing point, there would be no Western women here, would there?

Well..aparently some of us women come here to get "mercy shags".

zzz... :o

lolz

Edited by eek

French men?

Funny replys, some won't admit they "hire" a girl for sex, and then you have the ones that love talking about it.

And well said of of the dude who asked Britmavrick why he is giving an opinion.......... :D:D Brit

And some people brag that they don't pay thier ladies/GF any money or other material compensation. Funny, I never met one (Farang) who meets this description. I'd like to know where they find these "free" ladies.

We find them in Thailand dude.

Sacked your employee for violating the dress code yet? :o

If you need to travel all the way around the world to feel like a stud, even though it’s with a prostitute, than of course you want to believe everybody else is doing it too. It is hard on self esteem to know most people in the world consider that to be a low standard eh?

Open your eyes; Thailand is an extraordinary place, the only really free place in this part of Asia; tropical living at a low cost, amazing food, plenty of opportunity to relax. There are hundreds of reasons to be here, that don’t involve your willy.

-------------

"The only really free place in this part of Asia."

Is that thinking the result of the 44 degree temperatures or all the good fresh air... :o:D :D

And well said of of the dude who asked Britmavrick why he is giving an opinion.......... :D:o Brit

You must have a very small group of friends. Thailand has a lot of young, western professionals with respectable Thai GF/wives. While you will see them out and about in the bars, it is not their life.

I've heard so many that come to Thailand for vacations, year after year, that it's NOT the women, BUT as I see it the single guys, and women, come here for the (cheap) sex and nice women (men). Be honest and tell me what else you come for, if not women? And if you mainly come for the women?

Wondering of the honesty of ppl here. :o

I'll be entirely honest with you. And I won't beat around the bush. You want STRAIGHT TALK? OK, you've got it. This is trade-secret stuff, so read and REMEMBER, because nobody else will be as brutally honest as I am being at this moment. Why do we come here? Well, we come for the culture in all its manifold magnificence. And as a side-note, the quietness of this country (people here don't like noise) makes it a great venue for reading or even writing books. I for one have written reams of poetry over the years; the lack of noise makes it possible to do that sort of thing. And as far as "cheap sex" is concerned, well, perhaps you should be consulting with forum members in other countries. Most of us, here, live clean lives and wish to remain that way.

I would be less than honest if I didn't mention that another reason so many of us come to this country is for the food. Are you into mangoes? Be honest, now!!!

zzz... :D

lolz

:D:D

From whom? Where do we go to get them, then? Only been here 5 years, so obviously don't know my way around, yet! :o:D

Despite all the recent cant coming from Bangkok mouthpieces with regard to morals, "quality tourists", suitable attire, ad nauseum; the lowest common denominator is always money first in LOS. Thailand doesn't seem to have a real problem pimping out its womenfolk to the world. Its better than having to educate those smelly Isaan people and find them real jobs, isn't it? :o

I've heard so many that come to Thailand for vacations, year after year, that it's NOT the women, BUT as I see it the single guys, and women, come here for the (cheap) sex and nice women (men). Be honest and tell me what else you come for, if not women? And if you mainly come for the women?

they arent here for the thai women, theyre here for the laosian women.

Wondering of the honesty of ppl here. :D

they arent here for the thai women, theyre here for the laosian laotian women.

Slight correction.... :o

Women were not the reason for me coming, but sometimes a bonus. It was my interest in Buddhism after spending some time in India. Also the cheap, readily available pharmaceuticals and cheap whiskey. The beaches and weather were important too.