Do You Single Guys Come For Thai Women?

SamuiJens

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard so many that come to Thailand for vacations, year after year, that it's NOT the women, BUT as I see it the single guys, and women, come here for the (cheap) sex and nice women (men). Be honest and tell me what else you come for, if not women? And if you mainly come for the women?

Wondering of the honesty of ppl here. :o

I'll be entirely honest with you. And I won't beat around the bush. You want STRAIGHT TALK? OK, you've got it. This is trade-secret stuff, so read and REMEMBER, because nobody else will be as brutally honest as I am being at this moment. Why do we come here? Well, we come for the culture in all its manifold magnificence. And as a side-note, the quietness of this country (people here don't like noise) makes it a great venue for reading or even writing books. I for one have written reams of poetry over the years; the lack of noise makes it possible to do that sort of thing. And as far as "cheap sex" is concerned, well, perhaps you should be consulting with forum members in other countries. Most of us, here, live clean lives and wish to remain that way.

I would be less than honest if I didn't mention that another reason so many of us come to this country is for the food. Are you into mangoes? Be honest, now!!!

Are we living in the same country? :D

If you need to travel all the way around the world to feel like a stud, even though it’s with a prostitute, than of course you want to believe everybody else is doing it too. It is hard on self esteem to know most people in the world consider that to be a low standard eh?

Open your eyes; Thailand is an extraordinary place, the only really free place in this part of Asia; tropical living at a low cost, amazing food, plenty of opportunity to relax. There are hundreds of reasons to be here, that don’t involve your willy.

Hey Canuckamuck,

See my earlier post RE writing books and poetry, enjoying the noiseless life and otherwise giving oneself freely to the purity of CLEAN LIVING over here. Who is Willy??

I've heard so many that come to Thailand for vacations, year after year, that it's NOT the women, BUT as I see it the single guys, and women, come here for the (cheap) sex and nice women (men). Be honest and tell me what else you come for, if not women? And if you mainly come for the women?

First time I came here as a (newly) single man it was for the company of those whose name we dare not speak on this Forum.

While I enjoy sex a lot I am always amazed at how much some people are obsessed with it. Although I have had many one-night stands over the years I always found them to be pretty pointless and ultimately unsatisfying. As I have gotten older I no longer feel the need for them.

Other people seem to remain like horny teenagers way into their old age. 'Up to them' but in my opinion these people are not representitive of the 'normal' adult male and not all Farang men who live in Thailand are like this. The reason why these people seem representative of your average western man is that they are much more in the public view. They tend to spend a lot of time in bars as these people also tend to be habitual drunks.

Funny replys, some won't admit they "hire" a girl for sex, and then you have the ones that love talking about it.

Whole point was the honesty on said subject!

And well said of of the dude who asked Britmavrick why he is giving an opinion.......... :D:o Brit

And some people brag that they don't pay thier ladies/GF any money or other material compensation. Funny, I never met one (Farang) who meets this description. I'd like to know where they find these "free" ladies.

Who's bragging? I mean I'm just 1 of 99.9999% of the population who doesn't have to pay for sex (or lose a girl because she wears fake braces, but that's another subject). Anyway, it's losers like you who give Thailand the unfortunate reputation that you refer to. As for where to meet girls you don't have to pay... How about anywhere but a girly bar. Why don't you try learning the language and you'll see how easy it is to start a conversation with a girl at a cafe, bookstore, bank, market, tesco-lotus, etc.. I mean it's the same as back in our homes if you actually bother to learn the language a bit (actually probably easier).

As for the overall subject, most people I have come across have come for reasons other than paying for sex (then again I don't hang out at the bars). Most people I know have come because Thailand is a relatively cheap place to vacation and has many beautiful places to see and beautiful culture to learn. There are also people I've met who originally came here to help cleanup after the tsunami and ended up staying because they loved the place. I also run into the "Hippie Free Love" type backpackers all the time and it's against there very nature to PAY FOR SEX... I've also met people who've come here to teach, to learn how to cook, to learn massage, to learn Muay Thai, etc.. Also there are people who set up businesses because it's cheaper to produce here.

The last is why I came. My best friend who had a furniture export business needed to go home to handle family issues after the death of a family member and needed someone he could trust to look after the business. I came here to Thailand (Chiang Mai) for that reason and within months was introduced through a mutual friend to a nice woman who was an elementary school teacher in Chiang Mai. Needless to say, 3+ years and no money paid to her, we are happily married.

Great some of you are being "honest" about stating your reasons for coming... But to think that some of us are being less "honest" because we came for reasons other than paying for sex are either blind or living in the wrong type of bar.

Needless to say, 3+ years and no money paid to her, we are happily married.

Great some of you are being "honest" about stating your reasons for coming...

3+ years of marriage and you haven't given yout wife any money???????

You're either incredibly cheap, dishonest or just about the luckiest man in the world.

I used to go to Thailand for the girls until I found a place with far nicer, more attractive (and cheaper hihihi) girls; Cambodia.

yeah those cambodian women have it over thai girls on education dental hygeine alone.

that and cambodia's agressive approach to education on the prevention of STD.

money well saved mate

Needless to say, 3+ years and no money paid to her, we are happily married.

Great some of you are being "honest" about stating your reasons for coming...

3+ years of marriage and you haven't given yout wife any money???????

You're either incredibly cheap, dishonest or just about the luckiest man in the world.

Which is it 65Craig? :o

Oh dear, do some of you really assume that forming a normal relationship involving dating, marriage & kids is in the same class as paying a women to screw you when it suits with no strings??? Yawn. So in effect your dads paid for your mums too. Do you class your mums as hookers too??? :o

Why people go to Thailand in the first place and why they settle in Thailand or continue to visit Thailand after their first visit may not be one and the same reason.

Of course not, there are all types of ppl here and some are so called decent ppl, and on the other hand you have the scum (imho) type that are violent when drunk, etc. And this is normal for all countries in the world. And most Thai women are just the kind most men like since they are smiling, happy women in the sun inho. And don't expect "as" much as western women, except respect.

Glad to hear different points of view.

Edited by SamuiJens

I was forced to live here by my company.

But I try to make the best of it altough I get really frustrated at times.

For the most beautyfull girls you need to go to the Ukraine.

Good food as well there...

lol very bad joke..but made me smirk :o

Actually this has been a very interesting thread to read. Its refreshing to read that many men here ARENT here just for the women (although nothing at all wrong with wishing to find a lovely thai partner..im talking mainly of certain men who come for (sorry to be so frank) basically a cheap lay). At one point i read some stuff on another site, and seems to be 90% talking about experiences with bg's. And along with some things ive seen first hand..i was beginning to lose some faith in human decency.. (ie: seeing some men with bg's and treating them with virtually no respect)

Also, recently I overheard two conversations that turned my stomach a bit. One was outside my apartment..an American talking to a Brit about how long he had to wait to get 'serviced'. His complaint was that there were too many tourists about, so he didnt get seen to as fast, and that hes a regular at this place and should have preferencial treatment. WTH!

The second conversation i overheard was outside in a cafe, guy next to me (two Americans..not that the country matters) talking to his friend about 'womans anatomy' (and not in a delicate way). He was as loud and frank as you can get, not even bothered that I (a woman) was sitting facing him at the next table (I just read my book and smirked at his ignorance).

The sad thing about this is not that ppl are paying for sex etc (not that i think its a good thing..just that happens in every country), is the fact that for some reason people think its OK to have a loud public conversation about it, just because its Thailand. I dont think for a second these guys would be so loud and frank about this sort of thing in their own countries. In fact, im sure they would be ashamed to talk so publicly. Why is it that because these expats (sexpats) and tourists are in Thailand they think its somehow OK to talk about women without respect?

I have never been a femanist in the sense that I male bash. I dont want to put men down, I gain nothing from that. In fact I love men, and i love the differences in our natures. But i believe that both sexes should be treated with respect.

(Apologies if I have overstepped the mark regarding forum rules. I have tried to put this in a respectful way, without quoting the real grit of what these men had said. I just felt it was relevant regarding what has been said.)

lol very bad joke..but made me smirk :o

Actually this has been a very interesting thread to read. Its refreshing to read that many men here ARENT here just for the women (although nothing at all wrong with wishing to find a lovely thai partner..im talking mainly of certain men who come for (sorry to be so frank) basically a cheap lay). At one point i read some stuff on another site, and seems to be 90% talking about experiences with bg's. And along with some things ive seen first hand..i was beginning to lose some faith in human decency.. (ie: seeing some men with bg's and treating them with virtually no respect)

Also, recently I overheard two conversations that turned my stomach a bit. One was outside my apartment..an American talking to a Brit about how long he had to wait to get 'serviced'. His complaint was that there were too many tourists about, so he didnt get seen to as fast, and that hes a regular at this place and should have preferencial treatment. WTH!

The second conversation i overheard was outside in a cafe, guy next to me (two Americans..not that the country matters) talking to his friend about 'womans anatomy' (and not in a delicate way). He was as loud and frank as you can get, not even bothered that I (a woman) was sitting facing him at the next table (I just read my book and smirked at his ignorance).

The sad thing about this is not that ppl are paying for sex etc (not that i think its a good thing..just that happens in every country), is the fact that for some reason people think its OK to have a loud public conversation about it, just because its Thailand. I dont think for a second these guys would be so loud and frank about this sort of thing in their own countries. In fact, im sure they would be ashamed to talk so publicly. Why is it that because these expats (sexpats) and tourists are in Thailand they think its somehow OK to talk about women without respect?

I have never been a femanist in the sense that I male bash. I dont want to put men down, I gain nothing from that. In fact I love men, and i love the differences in our natures. But i believe that both sexes should be treated with respect.

(Apologies if I have overstepped the mark regarding forum rules. I have tried to put this in a respectful way, without quoting the real grit of what these men had said. I just felt it was relevant regarding what has been said.)

Ja, that's the low grade of tourists, that Thailand could do without, imho!

Edited by SamuiJens

Well Jen's I replied because you asked if not the ladies then what? You got your answer - if you'd rather not to hear the truth.

garro- don't think morals have nought to do with it. :D

Brit - I disagree, there are single guys who come to Thailand who wouldn't dream of going with a Thai women (especially a BG) because they feel it would be morally wrong. Agree with them or not that is how they feel.

There are also those who don't fancy Thai women. I remember going to Koh Samui a few years ago and I had no interest in Thai women, there were plenty of western single women there on holiday availible for sex.

I would give Garro right about the women on Samui, you can almost take your pick.

sexpats coming to Samui for Western birds? Now thats not very moral..... :D

Is it because they dont charge ? :o

My guess is most male tourists come first for sex and second for other things. More power to them!

I'm in the lowest category. Have always come to Thailand with a Thai woman (for almost 20 years).

Sometimes feels like bringing fried chicken to a KFC...

I came for the sex but im usually too drunk !

There are guys in Thailand that are polite, well mannered, decent sex tourists. I have no problem with them, and neither do most others I imagine. Unfortunately as Eek pointed out, there is that breed of low level garbage completely devoid of any class whatsoever that give the guy who wants a girl on his arm for the night or week a bad name.

At the other end of the scale, are people who come to Thailand to learn the language, culture, and religion and are so bloody smug about it you just want to slap the holier than thou off their upturned noses.

I'd rather have a beer with a cultured sex tourist any day.

I think the individual's personality is far more important than who they pay for sex or how many temples they've slept in.

I used to go to Thailand for the girls until I found a place with far nicer, more attractive (and cheaper hihihi) girls; Cambodia.

yeah those cambodian women have it over thai girls on education dental hygeine alone.

that and cambodia's agressive approach to education on the prevention of STD.

money well saved mate

I went to phnom penh, looked like they use dynamite for toothpaste !

is there anything else in thailand that would interest the single male traveller. ive made over 30 trips in 4 years and have yet to see one temple.

thailand has the reputation of being the worlds sex capital, a reputation well deserved.

yes there are girls everywhere but where can you get hot chicks for $25-50 for 2 hours(thai massage and you know)...........lol.

I have relocated to Thailand for women only. (ok also cheap cost of living, anyway 80% of my living expenses are women so I guess that's the same thing).

Btw, apart easy women, what does Thailand offer ?

So I guess everyone else actually is here for women.

actually it would be better if the question was phrased differently.

WHAT DOES THAILAND OFFER THAT OTHER COUNTRIES DONT?

example, if you say you like golfing in thailand, thats ok, but you can golf in usa.

example, if you like asian culture, thats ok, but they got that in japan, china,etc.

what these other countries dont have is low cost readily available adult entertainment.........lol.

Funny replys, some won't admit they "hire" a girl for sex, and then you have the ones that love talking about it.

Whole point was the honesty on said subject!

Maybe they won't admit to it because they don't do it. There are still some people in the world who would find it morally 'wrong' to do so.

That people state not to do but they do same same. :o

Unless they have severe endochryne disfunction.