What I am missing?

swissie

No you’re not missing anything. 

The usual seriously deluded officials believe that tourists will actually want to spend 2 weeks in a Phuket Hotel of their choice to earn the right to have a weeks holiday whilst at the same time ignoring ex pats who have longer term visas and have invested in property etc. 

They can’t think it through because if they did they wouldn't have any more new announcements apart from the same recycled nonsense. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, swissie said:

I must be missing something. Thai-authorities are cranking out schemes to re-juvenate Thai-Torism by the day. AFAIK: No Airline is planning to resume flights from Europe to Thailand in the foreseeable future.

Airlines would begin flights , if the demand is there 

• Like 1

Just now, beano2274 said:

Sorry Yinn, but who is qoing to spend 14 days in quarantine, then have about 7 days holiday, when they can go around and visit places, then return home for another 14 days quarantine, Most foreigners who work only get around 40 days holiday per year, and quarantine has just take 28 days off that.

Most people are now touring their own countries as finding out new places of interest, without having to go into quarantine.

And yes Thailand has done well to keep Covid low.

Not many tourists would do that . 

BUT , people who wish to spend the winter in Thailand will use this entry point to do that .

People with children /families in Thailand , Elite visa holders , will enter Thailand from Puckett and move on to other places after 14 days quarantine 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Not many tourists would do that . 

BUT , people who wish to spend the winter in Thailand will use this entry point to do that .

People with children /families in Thailand , Elite visa holders , will enter Thailand from Puckett and move on to other places after 14 days quarantine 

people with Family in Thailand and those with Elite Visas can fly into Bangkok, why go out of their way and travel to Phuket???

17 minutes ago, misterjames said:

Yeh because nothing is more sensible than getting on a pressurised tube with re-circulated air for 10-20 hours with 500 unknowns onboard during the middle of a worldwide pandemic right ?

But nirvana awaits after the short ordeal. And mai tai on the beach served by smiling lasses with the sun in their eyes. Don't knock it, Jimmy, ma man. Allow me at least to send you a brochure.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, ukrules said:
52 minutes ago, Why Me said:

terrified of the flu season and a second wave.

lol

Here's one. Herr Stoever was in the news yesterday pleading desperately with Thai authorities not to be returned to Germany from Phuket:

Heck, I was in Germany once for a month in November. Cold, wet, hell on earth. I never saw the sun the entire time. There's lot of rich Germans who would be happy to splash a few 100k b. for a few weeks good time.

2 minutes ago, Why Me said:

But nirvana awaits after the short ordeal. And mai tai on the beach served by smiling lasses with the sun in their eyes. Don't knock it, Jimmy, ma man. Allow me at least to send you a brochure.

Nirvana? you mean some watered down mocktail served on a beach full of plastic trash by some fake smiling, somtam breathed wench with contact lenses that makes her like a serpent?

Is it worth the risk of ventilator tube stuffed down your throat? I think I would pass if i were a tourist unless I were really desperate ???? no matter how much TAT try to dress it up.

1 minute ago, misterjames said:

mocktail served on a beach full of plastic trash by some fake smiling, somtam breathed wench 

Jimmy, ole buddy, you really must kick the Pattaya Beach Rd. habit. There are better women out there if you break the piggy bank.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Jimmy, ole buddy, you really must kick the Pattaya Beach Rd. habit. There are better women out there if you break the piggy bank.

I have lived and travelled all over Thailand for more than 10 years continually and I have never visited Pattaya in all those years, the places you describe no longer exist but in the minds of TAT and those harbouring delusions about a time which has long since passed.  

The good places I once visited in Thailand have since been destroyed by greed and corruption and the ever increasing xenophobic attitude towards us, you know it, I know it, TAT knows it.

This is not a destination worth risking contracting covid for, no amount of TAT nonsense will make potential tourists think it is.

Edited by misterjames

28 minutes ago, misterjames said:

The good places I once visited in Thailand have since been destroyed by greed and corruption and the ever increasing xenophobic attitude towards us, you know it, I know it, TAT knows it.

But, sweetheart, last year 40 million came here and enjoyed themselves blissfully ignorant of your insight.

29 minutes ago, misterjames said:

This is not a destination worth risking contracting covid for, no amount of TAT nonsense will make potential tourists think it is.

There is no covid here, honey. The last virus died a ghastly death 100 days ago in splash of 7/11 sanitizer. Please do not be afraid. Please visit. Bring your friends with you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Why Me said:

But, sweetheart, last year 40 million came here and enjoyed themselves blissfully ignorant of your insight.

Everyone but you knows the 40 million number is bogus. Also how many of those were people doing boarder runs? or people leaving and returning immediately to comply with the ridiculous visa rules? they were all counted as new arrivals so your numbers mean very little.

4 minutes ago, Why Me said:

There is no covid here, honey. The last virus died a ghastly death 100 days ago in splash of 7/11 sanitizer. Please do not be afraid. Please visit. Bring your friends with you.

I suspect this might be the wording of the next TAT advert.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

It seems like the Phuket and other islands proposal is to increase the amount

of visitors, possibly by keeping all tourists in an easily guarded bubble to prevent

possible spread of the virus nationwide.

Indeed seems to be the strategy. Bring them to the islands first.

4 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Airlines would begin flights , if the demand is there 

The demand is there, if one can believe all the posts on various social media sites from people keen to enter Thailand. That's not the problem. The problem is them not being allowed to enter in a manner which would encourage them to visit. And the even bigger problem of airlines not being allowed to disembark normal visitors. 

• Like 1

Thailand is planning to pick and choose its tourists, ferry them on chartered flights or using the now defunct Thai airways, quarantine them for 2 weeks in an island destinations (not sure who will pay for it) and still keep a serious face about it all, i see many such tourists lining up already, don't you?...

Edited by ezzra

anyone going to thailand will have to spend 2 weeks in quarantine in koh samui,

after which their vacation usually end and they have to go back to work,

its not going to be any recovery worth mention.

another curfew is going to be enacted in 6 days.

i drove past walking street yesterday 8 pm,

and OMG i didnt see a single human there,

i pity the many that made a livelihood on tourism

14 hours ago, Why Me said:

There might be method to the madness. Let's see:

Get away from the cold! Get away from Covid-19 and the flu season! Winter in sunny Thailand and frolic on sandy beaches. Quarantine? You'll be isolated in splendor for the first week. Eat and drink to your hearts content and watch the sunset reclining on a beach chair on your own private stretch of sand. And then off you go. Phuket is your playground for the rest of the month.

Just might work. There's plenty of people in the US/Europe who can afford such a package, who are climbing the walls to get the 'ell out and on top of that terrified of the flu season and a second wave.

First week of quarantine in splendor. Then you will find out that there is a second week of quarantine (if you did not know before...). 

• Haha 1