Thailand named best country to start business for second year running

webfact

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

Why Thailand number one again? And again?

Hmmmmm

Across the world, Thailand boasts the greatest percentage of women in senior management (45%)

Maybe if parliament is > 45% filled with women, especially with a female PM, maybe it's politics can get number one too. 

(putting lung Tu in a skirt could be a start, get in touch with his feminine side etc.)

• Like 1

I thought many of the businesses were closing down .... I was with a Japanese company exec on Saturday night and he's in the process of moving his company back to Japan ....  I asked him why, his response was that Thailand's profit margin is too small and business is fading every year. His company operate elderly aged care facilities. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I thought many of the businesses were closing down .... I was with a Japanese company exec on Saturday night and he's in the process of moving his company back to Japan ....  I asked him why, his response was that Thailand's profit margin is too small and business is fading every year. His company operate elderly aged care facilities. 

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Maybe that explains why so many companies are closing and relocating elsewhere...

Some close. 

More open. 

We we need more Burma, Laos, and cambodia worker. 3 million already.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

“US News & World Report recently released the names of best countries to start a business and Thailand topped the list for a second year running,” he said.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Separately, the World Bank’s 2020 Doing Business list ranked Thailand 21st for overall business practices and 47th for starting business.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, kotsak said:

The US-Thai Amity Treaty gives benefits to US citizens who want to establish business in Thailand.

Yep. And the World Bank, a US government puppet, only concerns itself with what's good for the US and it's citizens.

19 hours ago, timendres said:

I suggest that US News attempt to start a small business in Thailand.

Then run it for one year.

They are not talking about little businesses, they are talking about billions baht factories and large multinational joint venture businesses. 

Although that said I've been involved in the startup of 2 SME businesses in Thailand with collectively 4 different companmy registrations and it wasn't difficult at all.