Opening Thailand to foreign tourists: Thai PM strikes cautious tone

webfact

1 minute ago, Vicki Coghlan said:

I did hear through the grape vine that the stupid Thai authorities are considering letting in chinese people in first.  <deleted>.  WAKEY WAKEY!!!  Do the idiot Thai authorities not know the chinese bat flu virus originated from Wuhan,  china. But don't worry let the chinese in.  The mind boggles.  Let the chinese in.  Durrrrrr.  So everyone else should be put at the back of the queue accept the chinese. The mind boggles.  

Always follow the money.....or perceived money ????

• Like 1

I

7 hours ago, shdmn said:

They are basically equal with the US on that meaningless statistic you mentioned as are about 10 other countries.  Well within the margin of error which makes sense because all it is showing is percentage that die which should be very similar in 1st world countries. But they are far far below on number of cases per 1 Mil which is a much more meaningful statistic you conveniently ignored.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Further globalist propaganda

The WHO calls for us to be socially controlled in this fashion from now on, this is their normal , not the citizens

They destroy your future , force you to wear masks under the fear & pretence of the virus.

Please be clear about this in your understanding the Govt has brought this, in compliance with UN & WHO, they are already talking about Global warming

They also wish to continue with the pretence of the fear of the virus in compliance with WHO, to force control on you

They are not protecting people they are enslaving you  in a new preorganized move. I admit it is difficult to comprehend ,but it is happening

It is not about public health , as there has been no public health impact ,Old infirm people are dying , 95% of society live healthy , no masks , no distancing, no lockdowns

Wake up & follow the US , take lead in that particular battle

Battle against UN, WEF, the elite

Your Govt are primarily interested parties in a global wealth transfer false flag exercise, it is certainly not about your interests , though it is about economics of the elite globalist oligarchs and technocrats

• Like 2

1 minute ago, terryofcrete said:

Just back from Corfu . Last minute flight return from Dublin   €113... week’s accommodation €240  And Very cheap on the ground . Fresh air and clean blue seas and hot sunny weather ... 

I'm actually very tempted to do just that as I'm less than an hour from Dublin and I've never been to Greece.....looks like Thailand is out for me and with it a job lol.

31 minutes ago, John CS said:

I

Further globalist propaganda

The WHO calls for us to be socially controlled in this fashion from now on, this is their normal , not the citizens

They destroy your future , force you to wear masks under the fear & pretence of the virus.

Please be clear about this in your understanding the Govt has brought this, in compliance with UN & WHO, they are already talking about Global warming

They also wish to continue with the pretence of the fear of the virus in compliance with WHO, to force control on you

They are not protecting people they are enslaving you  in a new preorganized move. I admit it is difficult to comprehend ,but it is happening

It is not about public health , as there has been no public health impact ,Old infirm people are dying , 95% of society live healthy , no masks , no distancing, no lockdowns

Wake up & follow the US , take lead in that particular battle

Battle against UN, WEF, the elite

Your Govt are primarily interested parties in a global wealth transfer false flag exercise, it is certainly not about your interests , though it is about economics of the elite globalist oligarchs and technocrats

That 95% may be a bit wide of the mark.the over 60s and the overweight and those with medical conditions that require social distancing, the ethnic groups that are vulnerable to Covid 19 may be nearer 30-40 % than the 5% you claim.

10 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

They've painted themselves in to a corner. Will be interesting to see how the Thai people will react if they decide to keep the draconian rules during the whole "high season".. 

Sorry, I don't see that. 

The gov took appropriate actions to curtail spread of the virus fully understanding that it would impact the economy. 

Now they are considering a guarded restart fully understanding the risk. 

I don't see how they've lost any prerogatives they had earlier. 

I expect the Thai people will react as they have since the beginning; with considered prudence and forbearance. They have reacted more wisely and laudably than the citizens of many other nations have and still are. 

I'm fact the childish and selfish behavior of some other countries' citizens have made the Thai people seem mature in comparison. 

4 hours ago, chilli42 said:

It’s going to be painful for a Thailand. Covid will come here as soon as they open up to outsiders.  The outsiders will have built immunity that Thai’s will not have.  Thailand has successfully hidden under a rock.  Once they move from cover Covid will appear and spread.  Best to get on with things as Covid is coming like it or not.  Does anyone believe that there will be a vaccine that works any better than the seasonal flu vaccine?  Well forget that.  Time to stop the economic suffering, the fear and emergency powers.

It's not actually certain that Thailand doesn't have immunity already as I believe it's possible that the virus raced through Thailand from November last year to March this year and by time Thailand started testing they caught the tail end of it.Remember the 3500 plus deaths from "viral pneumonia" at the start of this year then the government abruptly stopped publishing those figures?That was about the same time a lot of people including myself and family had a spate of flu like symptoms and there was even a specific thread on this forum about precisely that and many posters reported similar experiences.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jurg said:

Opening up borders to Tourists, now or even near future, inevitably will be bringing Covid-19 to Thailand again. Lockdowns again, paralyzing many businesses if not the whole country. 

Here's the solution when/if that happens sooner or later - only the vulnerable need to 'lock down' themselves.  Everyone else is not at risk - less than flu - far less than "being in a moving car" - so can go on with life as usual.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leicesterguyuk said:

Next to none

Yep 90%+ are asymptomatic fancy having to be told you are sick and with that the body doesnt react as the symptoms are that minor <deleted>!! 

Monitor the old and some with pre-existing let the rest LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 1

To all those who think covid is not serious, there is long term permanent damage done even when a person is asymptomatic. This is a serious disease. The effects of this will be felt for decades. New cancers, early organ failures, etc.