Opening Thailand to foreign tourists: Thai PM strikes cautious tone

webfact

1 hour ago, DLock said:

Not for much longer...

Enjoy it while you are able...

Screen Shot 2563-08-26 at 12.49.03 PM.png

This will likely be the case for months to come. Up, down, close, open. Some countries in EU have a dynamic travel restriction/quarantine based on daily cases. It does make planning for a trip hard.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CGW said:

Indeed, that's why we have an "agenda" "they" want to maintain that lifestyle, chaps like the PM are in the position to facilitate the agenda and will be duly rewarded :thumbsup: 

They've always had this agenda, it's nothing new. What is new is Covid, and how now this agenda is at least partly responsible for the potential economic and social collapse we are now beginning to face (and believe me, this is just the beginning). It is no wonder students are out on the streets. The only question that remains, who else will follow? That will decide the path Thailand takes moving forward.

• Like 2

Good luck. Being at the top is not easy or good for your health as a long way to fall. Thailand at the very top of the tree being so  economically reliable for tourist income probably  over 25% of GDP so the inevitable high unemployment with no financial help for many is going to have a very big impact on so many Thais that something has to be done big increase in Government borrowing to help alleviate the enormous losses and then a brave plan to reopen the country as safely as possible but there will inevitably be

an increase in Covid cases.

What kind of PM he is every now and then changing statements . Just open Phuket and see how it goes . Since you have covid under control it's best chance to open tourism . He will waste the opportunity if he doesn't decide to open and those dependent will continue to suffer

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The health authorities were coping with the situation at the moment and naturally he wanted that to continue. 

Yes, the health authorities are coping at the moment because there has been no community transmission for 3 months and more people die on the roads each day than have died from COVID in total. 

I saw that Myanmar, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia were having virtual meetings online to see how they can improve trade at the border and strengthen supply chains and boost their economies. Thailand is not included. I hope that does not indicate the upwards trajectory for these countries compared with Thailand now that they all have more enlightened governments than Thailand.

I do hope that army dude in charge is not going to tank the economy. 

Edited by Ketyo

4 hours ago, Virt said:

It's really simple. Stay closed and maintain the low covid 19 numbers. 

Open up and learn to deal with rising numbers, just like a lot of the world is learning the hard way. 

Thailand is not going to magically stay uninfected when opening up. 

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear,simple...and wrong. HL Mencken

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GigsGigs said:

What about the girls though? Any evolved pay-for-play scenery in say, Athens or anywhere else in Greece?

I'm here now, beer is about the same as in the UK, the food is about the same price too. Great for sightseeing, which I'm doing. I'm in Athens and there is no girls available unless you want some dodgy African streetmeat or possibly tracfficked girls in brothels.

The weather is great, hot and sunny, plenty of eyecandy to look at, but alas it's just looking ????

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1