Opening Thailand to foreign tourists: Thai PM strikes cautious tone

webfact

16 minutes ago, DLock said:

Why yes...yes they can.

But 14 of the 15 days will be in a hotel room overlooking the beach.

Includes transfers, 3 meals per day room service, WIFI and complimentary testing.

Enjoy.

For a family of four including flights how much? 

If it helps quote the flights separately. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, DLock said:

Why yes...yes they can.

But 14 of the 15 days will be in a hotel room overlooking the beach.

Includes transfers, 3 meals per day room service, WIFI and complimentary testing.

Enjoy.

Rather silly comment considering that you cannot buy 4 return flights from anywhere in Europe to Thailand for anywhere near 1,700 Euros, which is what you were replying to.

• Like 1

There’s been a few suggestions that Thailand will open to the Chinese. I get where that comes from, and I don’t really have an opinion as to whether they will or not. But, it raises questions. I thought the Chinese were mostly short term tourists? Is that correct or not? If they are, then clearly they can’t quarantine or jump through all the other hoops. So doesn’t that mean they’d be letting the Chinese in to do their normal routines? And if they do that, doesn’t that mean they’d have no reason to allow all tourists to come in next? 

16 hours ago, John CS said:

I

Further globalist propaganda

The WHO calls for us to be socially controlled in this fashion from now on, this is their normal , not the citizens

They destroy your future , force you to wear masks under the fear & pretence of the virus.

Please be clear about this in your understanding the Govt has brought this, in compliance with UN & WHO, they are already talking about Global warming

They also wish to continue with the pretence of the fear of the virus in compliance with WHO, to force control on you

They are not protecting people they are enslaving you  in a new preorganized move. I admit it is difficult to comprehend ,but it is happening

It is not about public health , as there has been no public health impact ,Old infirm people are dying , 95% of society live healthy , no masks , no distancing, no lockdowns

Wake up & follow the US , take lead in that particular battle

Battle against UN, WEF, the elite

Your Govt are primarily interested parties in a global wealth transfer false flag exercise, it is certainly not about your interests , though it is about economics of the elite globalist oligarchs and technocrats

Tin foil anyone?

I have some cheap tin foil to sell!

Get your tinfoil here today, so the illuminati can not get you with their 5G!

• Haha 1

Cautious yes ofcourse. So your friends can lend more money to government and hereby make alot of money themselves. Guess you didn't go out to those villages where people are starving. And no... They haven't received any money from government. Only 1 in a village that received one time was someone that didn't need it. 

On 8/26/2020 at 4:57 AM, GigsGigs said:

What about the girls though? Any evolved pay-for-play scenery in say, Athens or anywhere else in Greece?

The point was that Greece coesist with Covid like most of European Countries not that Greece is a better p2p payground.

On 8/26/2020 at 4:13 AM, baansgr said:

£200 for a week in Greece, no quarantine, do what you want and the food and beer is actually cheaper than here now....No ones interested in coming here anymore

Nay? I don't believe ??

5 hours ago, sead said:

Cautious yes ofcourse. So your friends can lend more money to government and hereby make alot of money themselves. Guess you didn't go out to those villages where people are starving. And no... They haven't received any money from government. Only 1 in a village that received one time was someone that didn't need it. 

Opening tourist hotels in Phuket, Chiang Mai and the likes isn't going to stop starvation out in the villages. Some send money back to their hometowns but not a lot at all. Starvation existed there before and it will continue to exist long after covid has gone away. 

People seem to think Thailand is totally reliant on tourism. Yes, it contributes but not that much in the grand scheme of things. They have high tourist numbers but you can bet their spend per head per day is tiny compared to other countries around the world. 

As someone else said, this is a perfect opportunity for the Thai government to re-align their tourism 'approach', which it seems they've already started doing. Backpackers do next to nothing for the Thai economy, in fact they may do it more harm than good, so why would the government care about enticing them back?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Rather silly comment considering that you cannot buy 4 return flights from anywhere in Europe to Thailand for anywhere near 1,700 Euros, which is what you were replying to.

The comment was more about the 14-day quarantine.

...but you were focused on the price. Ha ha ha.

Keep up Kid.

1 minute ago, DLock said:

The comment was more about the 14-day quarantine.

...but you were focused on the price. Ha ha ha.

Keep up Kid.

Even focussing on price, you can often buy 4 return flights to Thailand for 1700 euros. Qatar often have promotions from the UK to Bangkok for around £320 (350 euros) each. 

49 minutes ago, leicesterguyuk said:

Even focussing on price, you can often buy 4 return flights to Thailand for 1700 euros. Qatar often have promotions from the UK to Bangkok for around £320 (350 euros) each. 

Those prices were pre covid and I suspect it will be years i that you will find similar prices again, once flights are  back to normal you should expect between double or triple price increase

8 hours ago, The Barmbeker said:

Tin foil anyone?

I have some cheap tin foil to sell!

Get your tinfoil here today, so the illuminati can not get you with their 5G!

Does it come pre-shaped in hat format ? If so could I please have a size 57 ????

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 12:36 AM, Pedrogaz said:

Keep the borders closed as they are until the end of the year. Then review the situation in other countries to see if COVID has every few infections. If so, open the borders.....if it as is now with massive numbers of new infections every day, we cannot, and should not open the borders as inconvenient as quarantine is.

People made a big sacrifice in wave 1 and this sacrifice should not be thrown away for foreign tourists. Why would you let an American, British, French or Spanish person come to Thailand when they are not controlling their own virus???????

Please bring back the curfew so I can get some sleep at night. It is so noisy with these damned motorbikes with altered exhausts designed to make a Honda 50 sound like a Boeing 747.

Don't panic, millions and millions won't be invading Thailand even if and when opened.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Don't panic, millions and millions won't be invading Thailand even if and when opened.....

Exactly. Very very few will come! From the western world only those who have personal relationships in this country are keen to return. All others travel to other, more welcoming countries to spend their holidays there, if at all.

One must keep in mind that there were far to many negative reports in the press around the world over the recent months, about so many issues in Thailand. Tourists like to relax during their holidays, and not beeing bothered with local nonsense, stupidity, scam, crime, unfriendliness and even hate.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 11:49 AM, Sharp said:

Hardly Gung-ho!! 

Interested to find out the PMs personal economic hit!? 

Zero i would say. The same as all governments making the decisions for their countries.

They get paid no matter what. I wonder if the decisions would be different if they also lost their incomes.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Truth Will Set You Free said:

I agree with the PM....don’t let nobody in and buy your get away submarine.  Keep up the great work PM.....

Whats next......

The government is sinking. Subs may prove useful.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

Exactly. Very very few will come! From the western world only those who have personal relationships in this country are keen to return. All others travel to other, more welcoming countries to spend their holidays there, if at all.

One must keep in mind that there were far to many negative reports in the press around the world over the recent months, about so many issues in Thailand. Tourists like to relax during their holidays, and not beeing bothered with local nonsense, stupidity, scam, crime, unfriendliness and even hate.

Amen.....

Another pointless & senseless statement from the government.

But there is  one slight difference from their other trashy   tourism press releases in recent months.

No repetition of the rubbish like mandatory 2 weeks detention at costly hotels at entrants' expenses.

I wonder if the cabinet including the Premier P might have read the mounting ridicule in this forum. 

16 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

Well...my company has quiet a bunch of requests, from October onwards!

Sure...not millions, but to say "noone would come" is a bit over the top!

6 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

This is why I wrote 'very very few will' come, meant in relation to what the authorities expect.

Also, I suppose most of those who request at your company are not yet aware of the hurdles involved in entering the country. As soon as they know, most will give up and look somewhere else.

I agree with your point, however.

2 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

People will come. 

And Phuket isn't wanting hundreds of thousands just yet, it's a test area. Limited flights and limited hotels. 

Demand will be greater than supply for sure.