Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

post-40903-1230320444_thumb.jpg

My new NMF Full Racing Exhaust . . did put a DB-killer on it but a bit loud any way. . well its just a time before Pattaya Police will be on me :/

Did also put a open racing air filter on it . . will soon add a sound test on youtube. .

Edited by oMega69

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad news gentlemen; my beloved yellow CBR 150R was sold out from underneath me.

My brother in law was using it for school (after the wife bought me the Ninja), and for whatever reason family decided he didn't need it. So the wife in her infinite wisdom decided that she'd sell MY CBR off and give her brother the mother in law's Air Blade. With the proceeds from the sale she would buy a new Air Blade for her mum.

I hope that the CBR brings as many grins to the new owner's face as it brought to mine.

fuc_king hel_l mate your gonna have to reign ya missus in a bit. if my missus sold ANY of my stuff she would get a serious talking to and if it was MY bike then ................ i really don't know but it wouldn't be nice. :D

That's the problem when it goes in a Thai's name they reckon they own it :o

Allan

Gentlemen,

I have been thinking that the threads for the Honda CBR150R, the Ninja 250 and Tiger Boxer threads, may be too lengthy. We can keep this open for 987 more posts and infinitely more views, but what about starting a new thread for each of these bikes, for all new posts during 2009?

Gentlemen,

I have been thinking that the threads for the Honda CBR150R, the Ninja 250 and Tiger Boxer threads, may be too lengthy. We can keep this open for 987 more posts and infinitely more views, but what about starting a new thread for each of these bikes, for all new posts during 2009?

PB, that's fine by me. It is pretty impressive how long the Ninja thread got in its short life. I guess when you have two cylinders your really can go faster. Funny thing though...... On our week long trip up North we saw a dozen other CBR-150's enjoying the mountain roads, but no Ninja's. Still looking forward to seeing my first one.

fuc_king hel_l mate your gonna have to reign ya missus in a bit. if my missus sold ANY of my stuff she would get a serious talking to and if it was MY bike then ................ i really don't know but it wouldn't be nice. :D

That's the problem when it goes in a Thai's name they reckon they own it :o

Allan

Yeah I know. I wish I had a mate up there that could bust a full bottle of Chang over her head once in a while as a reality check (I jest..... :D ). It's very true about the mentality of "what's mine is mine and what's your's is mine" being common in Thais; quite disappointing though!

Gentlemen,

Until the FI models get launched I'll probably remain a lurker; I'll jump in and interject information as needed though.

PB, that's fine by me. It is pretty impressive how long the Ninja thread got in its short life. I guess when you have two cylinders your really can go faster. Funny thing though...... On our week long trip up North we saw a dozen other CBR-150's enjoying the mountain roads, but no Ninja's. Still looking forward to seeing my first one.

Same-same here; went back to BKK to return to work and saw in excess of 15 CBRs (granted there was a group of ~6 of them at once), and not a single Ninja in all that time. Of course the CBR has some 5 more years of production.

Yesterday I saw my first Ninja 250 on the street, very close to T Dog's hillside mansion. Maybe it was his gardener or valet. :o Nearby, I saw my third Boxer, a police bike, in all my years in northern Thailand.

Never put a motorcycle or car in a Thai's name unless you are clearly donating it to the Thai, because you are donating it.

20081226146yy5.th.jpg

Any how...Im littel bit scared now. . Pattaya Police will have me any minute for making to much noise..

So im looking for a new solution now. .

So this NMF Racing Full Exhaust is for sale now...maybe for some one that not lives in a big city or so. .

New price 4600 THB did buyed it 081223 selling for 4000 THB included DB-killer. . send me PM.

.Any 1 know any Exhaust system that not are to noise plz let me know !

Edited by oMega69

Same-same here; went back to BKK to return to work and saw in excess of 15 CBRs (granted there was a group of ~6 of them at once), and not a single Ninja in all that time. Of course the CBR has some 5 more years of production.

DB, I wonder if that is the same group of six CBR-150's we saw a few times last week up in Mae Salong/Doi Angkhan? We saw 'em twice over two days going the opposite way as we were. Loud pipes, going fast, high signs as we passed. One guest house owner said they were a club from Bangkok. Here is a pic on Doi Tung of a photographer's bike from BKK we met, as well as mine getting ready to to go from the Doi Angkhan ridge toward Arunothai. Probably the most beautiful ride in the north.

post-498-1230375745_thumb.jpg

post-498-1230375794_thumb.jpg

I put the NSR coil in my CBR yesterday, and they look identical in size and construction. They do have a different part number, though.

Hard to tell any difference, but perhaps my dead spot at 6,200rpm is just a little smaller. Hard to tell. Coil was 450bt at Honda...

The only things left now are the Michelin tires (coming Wednesday), and I am going to change from a 44 to a 46 rear sprocket. Probably won't make much difference, as the tires are just a tiny bit larger too. Oh yeah - after the tire change, I will put on my little CatsEye bicycle speedometer. THEN we shall know the truth!!

---

So last week I found a good mechanic.

Dear Mr wjmark - where is this mechanic to be found, and what is his name

Sure. His name is Toy. And his shop is "Race Shop Thailand" Very nice guy - speaks a little english. Really keen to please...

On the south side of Rattanakosin road, west of the small bus station on ChangPuak road. It is before the roundabout and before the Chiang Mai Municiple Stadium (on the opposite side).

Put another way - it is about 200 meters east of ChangPuak road on the right (south) side. I tried to upload a map, but TV won't take it...

089 517 1233 is his phone.

Oh yeah, I asked about the resistor to the coil, and he said leave it...

WJ Mark, What size Michelins did you get? I gotta pop for them too!

I got a good answer - I don't know!

They are getting me two of the Michelin Pilot Sporty tires for 3,000bt, and they will be a touch bigger than what is on there now. I dunno!

I will let you know when they are on...

They are getting me two of the Michelin Pilot Sporty tires for 3,000bt, and they will be a touch bigger than what is on there now. I dunno!

That is an honest answer which is always good! My buddy put new tires on his CBR-150 and when I rode it I felt like I was sliding downhill into his tank. That is why I am a bit wary about the sizes, but going bigger and better sounds the right way to go. Send the report or even some before/after pics once you get them mounted. Keep the rubber side down!

SMOKED A RAIDER TODAY!

(What did you smoke today?)

On the Mai Rim highway, a Suzuki Raider 150 pulled up beside me - we were both doing about 30k/h. He punched it as he passed me, so I dropped a gear and just flew away from him!!!

Smokin'

New tires coming in the New Years...

I put the NSR coil in my CBR yesterday, and they look identical in size and construction. They do have a different part number, though.

Hard to tell any difference, but perhaps my dead spot at 6,200rpm is just a little smaller. Hard to tell. Coil was 450bt at Honda...

The only things left now are the Michelin tires (coming Wednesday), and I am going to change from a 44 to a 46 rear sprocket. Probably won't make much difference, as the tires are just a tiny bit larger too. Oh yeah - after the tire change, I will put on my little CatsEye bicycle speedometer. THEN we shall know the truth!!

---

So last week I found a good mechanic.

Dear Mr wjmark - where is this mechanic to be found, and what is his name

Sure. His name is Toy. And his shop is "Race Shop Thailand" Very nice guy - speaks a little english. Really keen to please...

On the south side of Rattanakosin road, west of the small bus station on ChangPuak road. It is before the roundabout and before the Chiang Mai Municiple Stadium (on the opposite side).

Put another way - it is about 200 meters east of ChangPuak road on the right (south) side. I tried to upload a map, but TV won't take it...

089 517 1233 is his phone.

Oh yeah, I asked about the resistor to the coil, and he said leave it...

You should use the Yamaha YZ 250 . . coil . . for the CBR . . . !

And i heard that DENSO coil will do the trick aslo......B U T........4500 THB !! dam_n. . waste of cash i think

Edited by oMega69

I still haven't got my bike back, but i did see the new Michelins and they look nice. The only size you can get in the Pilot Sporty are 90/80 for the front and 100/80 for the rear. The Mich Thai catalogue states a 110/80 as well but they are not available.

Any interest from CBR-150 riders on meeting on 4 January and DEPARTING Smoothie Blues on Nimenhemin Road at 9:30 for the Chiang Mai Toy Ride? We need at least 6.67 CBR-150's to equal one 1000 cc bike. :o Would be fun to arrive 'enmasse with toys in hand.

www.chiangmaitoyride.com

hey taichi if ya doing all this work just get him to rebuid the engine as well, new piston/rings (go slight oversize, so rebore) new crank bearings etc probably will not cost much.

Allan

It's a good idea, but I'll see what kind of work they do before i commit myself to a rebuild. I am suffering withdrawal symptons as it is, so don't want to give 'em extra work and delay the joyous reunion! Maybe in March when i head home for a month, then they can have it! And i can also put the bike in my name when i get the Non-Immi visa! :o

SMOKED A RAIDER TODAY!

(What did you smoke today?)

On the Mai Rim highway, a Suzuki Raider 150 pulled up beside me - we were both doing about 30k/h. He punched it as he passed me, so I dropped a gear and just flew away from him!!!

Smokin'

New tires coming in the New Years...

I am yet to find a CBR that can keep up with my raider :o ....he was obviously toying with you!

Has anybody looked into the price of a new CBR lately? Was asking around a few shops in BKK in they were quoting me Bt71k - saying that there is a shortage on the market. Not sure if I believe them though.

If this is the case, may have to wait a few months for the recession to sink in and there won't be a "shortage".

Caninbkk might be cos the new year is going to bring new models. My advice is wait. see what comes out.

Hmmm, interesting. I'm not disagreeing with you thaicbr, just wondering if the CBR 150R is being replaced by a newer model, shouldn't Honda be lowering the price? Or is there speculation that Honda is leaving the "sport bike" market and just eliminating the CBR?

Hmmm, interesting. I'm not disagreeing with you thaicbr, just wondering if the CBR 150R is being replaced by a newer model, shouldn't Honda be lowering the price? Or is there speculation that Honda is leaving the "sport bike" market and just eliminating the CBR?

I guess you haven't been in Thailand long. Manufacturers love taking advantage of an apparent lack of consumer protection.

There's been a certain forum member (who I will not mention due to the belief that he's like Puck) who takes glee in announcing what he insists are sure guarantees of Honda's failures. And one of those announcements is that Honda is totally dropping the CBR 150R based on either not being emission standards compliant or not having fuel injection. This forum member then stated that the CBR 150 was IMPOSSIBLE to convert to fuel injection, thus demonstrating his true lack of knowledge.

I guess you haven't been in Thailand long. Manufacturers love taking advantage of an apparent lack of consumer protection.

There's been a certain forum member (who I will not mention due to the belief that he's like Puck) who takes glee in announcing what he insists are sure guarantees of Honda's failures. And one of those announcements is that Honda is totally dropping the CBR 150R based on either not being emission standards compliant or not having fuel injection. This forum member then stated that the CBR 150 was IMPOSSIBLE to convert to fuel injection, thus demonstrating his true lack of knowledge.

LOL Dave, I just can't figure out who you're talking about... :D:D:D (And I'm still waiting for him to but us the R9 exhaust he offered) :D:wai::P What a wanke_r! :o Happy Trails!

LOL Dave, I just can't figure out who you're talking about... :D:D:D (And I'm still waiting for him to but us the R9 exhaust he offered) :D:wai::P What a wanke_r! :o Happy Trails!

I'm going to be dropping the coin on it; hopefully it doesn't turn my Ninja into one of those buzz bombs that run around. But than again if it does, I guess I'll have to put some of my shekels on a Yoshi can. I can't get over how good nakedair's bike sounds.