Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

The CBR150R is overdue for a change, or replacement. Maybe a CBR170RRRi with 22 real horsepower...or a CBR250Ri twin.

///Added: I am lazy. Do we really need a new thread for this topic?

I'm still a bit peeved that the manufacturers in Thailand get away with Apple sized secrets.

It's going to be an interesting year since without knowing how many units Kawasaki is actually moving we have no clue as to whether or not there's actually pressure on Honda to provide such a model.

I'm working on starting a technical thread for the CBR 150; just need some time....

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody looked into the price of a new CBR lately? Was asking around a few shops in BKK in they were quoting me Bt71k - saying that there is a shortage on the market. Not sure if I believe them though.

If this is the case, may have to wait a few months for the recession to sink in and there won't be a "shortage".

This is the new CBR catalogue http://www.aphonda.co.th/product/catalog/cbr.pdf The only difference i can see is that yellow is the new black!

This is the AP Honda price list http://www.aphonda.co.th/honda2008/price/price.pdf showing the CBR at B69,500.

Ap Honda still list the CBR under the catergory of 'carburetor', so probably no fuel injection this year!

A twin cylinder 250 would be nice but more expensive than the CBR 150. If you're really interested in the taxing on bikes http://www.mfa.go.th/jtepa/asset/jtepa_bas...reement_eng.pdf page 596 show that a bike exceeding 250cc has a tax of 49.09% which will drop to 43.04% in April (even if the bike is made in Thailand). Makes sense to make a 249cc bike!

This is the new CBR catalogue http://www.aphonda.co.th/product/catalog/cbr.pdf The only difference i can see is that yellow is the new black!

This is the AP Honda price list http://www.aphonda.co.th/honda2008/price/price.pdf showing the CBR at B69,500.

Ap Honda still list the CBR under the catergory of 'carburetor', so probably no fuel injection this year!

A twin cylinder 250 would be nice but more expensive than the CBR 150. If you're really interested in the taxing on bikes http://www.mfa.go.th/jtepa/asset/jtepa_bas...reement_eng.pdf page 596 show that a bike exceeding 250cc has a tax of 49.09% which will drop to 43.04% in April (even if the bike is made in Thailand). Makes sense to make a 249cc bike!

The brocheur is from 2005 (I believe the only year that they offered a yellow CBR), scroll to the last page and check out the bottom left corner. Interestingly they use the American form of dates. However, since there's been no model change, it's still relevant.

I'd prefer for them to bring back the CBR 250RR. Four cylinders > two and it sounds so good when wound up.

The brocheur is from 2005 (I believe the only year that they offered a yellow CBR), scroll to the last page and check out the bottom left corner. Interestingly they use the American form of dates. However, since there's been no model change, it's still relevant.

I'd prefer for them to bring back the CBR 250RR. Four cylinders > two and it sounds so good when wound up.

Maybe it's a sign that the 150 is near the end if they are reusing 2005 brochures! I am fairly certain that late last year they had a different brochure on the website. I did see a yellow CBR 150 last week sitting on the forecourt of the Honda dealer in Si Racha (Chonburi) with all the other new bikes, so i assumed it was a new one. It seems in India they have been expecting the CBR 150 for the last 2 years and still no confirmation of it coming.

Maybe the Bangkok Motorshow in March might give us some answers.

Dear Sirs,

I've decided to rent the CBR 150 for a short period. one thing that i've noticed, is the bike vibrates greately on riding.

Is it a normal thing or it should go as smooth as a scooter on this thing. If later i'll assume my rented bike is just

a bad one.

Can anyone point me to the shop in Pattaya where I can test drive a new one, please?

And, finally, anyone has a CBR150 in excellent condition for sale? :o

thx, Dmitry

No they vibrate at the handle bar, on the newer ones its not so bad. but they vibrate.

Allan

my rented machine vibrates everywhere, at any rpm. :o also, i've noticed a huge

increase in horsepower when going higher than 4000 rpm on any gear.

First, about vibration. Almost all one cylinder bikes vibrate normally. I got used to it.

Power. Because the CBR150R is probably the only new bike below 600cc with a tach, at least you know your engine speed. It is almost gutless below 4000 and keeps getting stronger to about 11000 rpm. You should use the power band as designed, above 5000 rpm

Ok, after a little search i've found a pretty big honda bike store in pattaya. There was even a 2-year old, used CBR150 for 44k in it. odometer says it ran only 4k, but i think the number in not true.

Anyway, i took the opportunity and rided the bike for the test drive. the bike is free of vibration (to the acceptable degree) and it accelerates, runs much better than the 10 y old one, i'am currently renting. it works on low rpm quite good too.

I'am considering buying the new one, or a used one, but it excellent condition.

the seller person told me the price - 65k baht base + 200 for papers + 2000 for insurance + 3000 for another type of insurance which i did not understand. :o

also he told me that it will take 2 months to have a white plates instead of red ones.

So, my qestion is - what about this insurance thing - do i need it at all? i thought the new bike comes

with standard warranty. anyway, even if the unsurance covers theft its still pretty unuseful thing.

And i've read in another thread that the shop should return 3000k baht to me, on switching to white plates - is it true, can anyone confirm this, please?

p.s. I thought of grabbing the black one, but now am thinking it will be less visible on some roads than other colors.

Thank you, Dmitry

Out the showroom door, 67K is abut right for a new CBR150, including liability insurance and registration for a year. Even 68K total, now. The 3K extra for special insurance may be full coverage for two years; I never got that. I never had a red plate, either time I bought new. The white plate arrived five weeks later. There are no refunds or paybacks that I know of.

then i will go after it :o

black one looks good. God knows how i hate scooters.

Uh, last question, should i assume that the shop is selling 2008 year model and does it have any upgrades over prev year model?

Thank you, Dmitry

post-59145-1231639963_thumb.jpg

Absolutely none.  Honda hasn't upgraded the CBR 150R since released, unless you want to count the key shutter it added sometime before '05.

Absolutely none. Honda hasn't upgraded the CBR 150R since released, unless you want to count the key shutter it added sometime before '05.

I know but i do not see any alternatives. cbr150 only weight 115kg. more powerful bikes are way more on this. Maybe it lucks the power a little bit, but its still much better than any scooter for me :o

Absolutely none. Honda hasn't upgraded the CBR 150R since released, unless you want to count the key shutter it added sometime before '05.

I know but i do not see any alternatives. cbr150 only weight 115kg. more powerful bikes are way more on this. Maybe it lucks the power a little bit, but its still much better than any scooter for me :o

Correct, Dmitry. The CBR150R is not in the same leagues as bigger bikes. But for sporty looks and more power than a 125, and better handling than grandmother's clapped-out Honda Dream 100, this tiny CBR is a lot of fun.

For what it matters:

I owned a CBR 150 and now own a Ninja 250. Actually, I'm working the wife over to get my CBR back...

But anyways, yes the Ninja has more power. So it's nicer cruising at high speed. But for in town use, or even running down to the market the CBR beats it out. Let me explain. The CBR has a really, really good blend of power, gearing, and weight. From the youtube videos, and ancedotal evidence, it will outperform the Ninja up until say 40 KPH. So in town you'll be able to get that hole shot that will get you in front of the pack. Also the Ninja feels more bigger. I think that has to do with the front fork setup, but there was times where I was riding and there was a hole that opened up that would have been taken advantage of with the CBR and I felt I had to pass it up on the Ninja. Swerving isn't as quick as on the CBR, which if you have roads like I do will mean that you have to reduce speed unless you like punishing your suspension. Granted, some of the confidence I've built up with the CBR 150 could just be due to familiarity and there's a chance that I'll get that way with the Ninja, but from the get-go I was tearing around on the CBR-the Ninja doesn't lend itself to that.

Going back to the market jaunt. Peaceblondie can back me up; a CBR carries a LOT of luggage. The Ninja's sexy stylings does not lend itself to being used as an utility vehicle.

But as mentioned before, if you're planning on doing high speed riding, the Ninja is the way to go.

For what it matters:

I owned a CBR 150 and now own a Ninja 250. Actually, I'm working the wife over to get my CBR back...

But anyways, yes the Ninja has more power. So it's nicer cruising at high speed. But for in town use, or even running down to the market the CBR beats it out. Let me explain. The CBR has a really, really good blend of power, gearing, and weight. From the youtube videos, and ancedotal evidence, it will outperform the Ninja up until say 40 KPH. So in town you'll be able to get that hole shot that will get you in front of the pack. Also the Ninja feels more bigger. I think that has to do with the front fork setup, but there was times where I was riding and there was a hole that opened up that would have been taken advantage of with the CBR and I felt I had to pass it up on the Ninja. Swerving isn't as quick as on the CBR, which if you have roads like I do will mean that you have to reduce speed unless you like punishing your suspension. Granted, some of the confidence I've built up with the CBR 150 could just be due to familiarity and there's a chance that I'll get that way with the Ninja, but from the get-go I was tearing around on the CBR-the Ninja doesn't lend itself to that.

Going back to the market jaunt. Peaceblondie can back me up; a CBR carries a LOT of luggage. The Ninja's sexy stylings does not lend itself to being used as an utility vehicle.

But as mentioned before, if you're planning on doing high speed riding, the Ninja is the way to go.

DB... Thanks for writing that comparison up. I was lusting after the Ninja's a few days ago at a rental shop. Very beautiful bike, but I was surprised how bulky it looked for a small displacement bike. I can see how it would be a great road bike, but since my riding is 80 percent around town with a few 500-1000 km trips a year, I think I will stick with CBR. Its' always a lot of fun.

Has anybody looked into the price of a new CBR lately? Was asking around a few shops in BKK in they were quoting me Bt71k - saying that there is a shortage on the market. Not sure if I believe them though.

If this is the case, may have to wait a few months for the recession to sink in and there won't be a "shortage".

mityon 69,500 baht........this includes 1 year goverment insurance 2 years theft i guess....2 helmets all paper work.....insurance in 7 days new book in two months......takes less then 30 minutes to buy.....i purchased on 3rd road north pattaya ... they only had 1 black on the floor...she also implied they are hard to get but i think if i wanted other colors it was possible......also they have another store 3rd road south pattaya with a used yellow model..it had 9500km and i think 2007.....asking price 45k i asked about discount he said 44k...the battery was dead so i purchased new......

i have a problem finding the black cbr150 in pattaya and a problem understanding insurance figures.

i was in a store - they called even in rayong but "no have"

as for the insurance - i was told that there are two types for moto itself and some other i failed to understand. maybe its an insurance against theft.

but again its 1 year and 1 year, one costs 2k bhat, another 3k bhat

what about honda dealarship on suhumvit road - are they supposed to be the master branch? or should i just move over all roads trying to find a bike? :o:D

CHECK THOSE IRC TIRES! Two days ago we were off in the morning and there was strange noise on the bike as well as a very subtle tick on the helm. Stopped to check and there was a 3 inch long lump on the front IRC tire right at the center road contact point. As we were looking at it, it popped to about 7 inches long. We crawled along the shoulder to a repair shop and unfortunately could only get another IRC where we happened to be. The tire was about four years old and I'm really surprised how fast it failed when it went. Could have been bad if we had sped up to normal speeds. Once I get a look at wjMark's new set of Michelin tires, I think I might change brands front and back.

Tdog i would defiantly change the difference is like night and day. a guy was also advertising on mocyc for the pilot sportys

http://www.mocyc.com/store/view.php?idclassified=79572

he has the 110/80/17 but dont know what the writing sez

i would use 100/80-17 front and a 110/80-17 rear if you can get them. the 130 is to large will fit on the rim but leaks air cos its oversize.

Allan

Tdog i would defiantly change the difference is like night and day. a guy was also advertising on mocyc for the pilot sportys

http://www.mocyc.com/store/view.php?idclassified=79572

he has the 110/80/17 but dont know what the writing sez

i would use 100/80-17 front and a 110/80-17 rear if you can get them. the 130 is to large will fit on the rim but leaks air cos its oversize.

Allan

Thanks for the size suggestions. My plan has always been to change to the Pilots, but didn't plan on the front tire going bad in the boondocks. Are those the sizes you are using now?

I was using the front size but had a 130 on the back. thats why i suggest a 110 on the back. the 130 was maybe to big for the rim.

brilliant tyre for the CBR150 or in fact any smaller bike Tiger, NSR (130 rear), sonic (but in the smaller sizes) ETC.

Allan

When finances get better, i'm going to get an NSR150 bike for a cheap track bike and intend using these tyres. unless i can find a TZR 250 for less than 20,000 which is unlikely.

Hello,

I dont know if this is normal or an issue but my CBR vibrates alot and sounds awefully much when i acclerate normally, the handlebars are shaking quite much too..

anyone that could recommend a mech in BKK or a Honda dealer thats good with the CBR, I would prefer close to sukhumvit or lad phrao area.

Thanks a bunch