Does Thailand have a similar Road Driving Law?

Seeall

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

OK, you might well be talking about Milton Keynes, (not been there) but, confusingly, the pictures you posted were, very clearly Swindon.

Really? So Swindon has a Boxmoor station? And Bennetts End? As does HH?

Other similar roundabouts[edit]

1 hour ago, 2long said:

Sadly 'Give way to the right/left, those on the roundabout' can never work here, simply because of the first two words 'give way.'

It must be the intellectual level down there. 

they work in issan 

F281C3B5-375D-43D7-AF48-F43EED459C98.jpeg.066f1da31a45cf509d4d2337607b0b97.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker

1. When driving on wrong side of road at night do not put on lights on vehicles. 

2. Always carry knife, gun or some other weapon if someone wants to bang your car or you get angry for no reason. 

3. Never check mirrors for traffic behind they are purely there for wife or Ladyboy checking makeup. 

4. Pay money for passing driver test if you can.

5. Keep enough money on person to help BIB not give you traffic tickets. 

6. Traffic laws apply to everyone who drives except you.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, tifino said:

But @Seeall  what would 'you' have answered re your OP A/B/C/D question?

- if you had not yet already seen the Answer  

But Re Roundabouts - in LOS; it is he who is going Straight though, steals priority from he who is on his Right yet turning Right!

Good question..

I would have picked C driving here because if I was in D I would wonder if C is playing with his blinker or not or You know what I mean... and wait until C committed himself to a direction... A and B last sure..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

The big roundabout called Victory monument only works because it's got traffic lights on the Roundabout itself  as well as the junctions.  Thai drivers would never comply with ' give way to traffic from the left' . Worst drivers in Asia 

Large roundabouts in the UK have lights too for busy periods, especially ones at motorway junctions. 

2 minutes ago, Seeall said:

Good question..

I would have picked C driving here because if I was in D I would wonder if C is playing with his blinker or not or You know what I mean... and wait until C committed himself to a direction... A and B last sure..

Here is another one..

2.JPG

I too have study the handbook and driving here and like you I don't find it being taught although they do mention " right away " but no one and I mean no one really has a real definition to it here.

Personally, many of the accidents and traffic problem is simply to fix if they actually taught the proper use of the " stop sign " whether it be 1, 2, 3 or 4 many times due to the common practice of no patience, courtesy or consideration towards others on the road or simple no knowing or being told that the road is to be shared!

I personally don't feel the Thais are stupid or can't drive which is something taken from the West including the rules but somehow through years of lack of proper enforcement they have turn the rules and executions into a joke.

Today in sports Thais are competing and excelling because first they are taught the rules and each one explained final there is a referee or a governing body to enforce the rules and place heavy penalties on each infraction those add up to losing something and when you know the value of that lost you will comply it really is that simple in sports in live in driving.

You have Muay Thai fighter who are entering MMA and seem to have no problem adjusting, Golf my god the Thai women, even Grand Prix racing the list goes on!

24 minutes ago, Seeall said:

Good question..

and at the same time; C would be scared of surging to take up that whole area of road, that C might have needed to fit his car into, to turn Left.   The unknown variable is 'how expansive' the Intersection is/not?  B might have been a habitual Hook-Turner... ???? image.png.69447427168e112793093897e1f5efcc.png  i.e. a Melbourne driver 

Edited by tifino

6 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Really? So Swindon has a Boxmoor station? And Bennetts End? As does HH?

It must be the intellectual level down there. 

they work in issan 

F281C3B5-375D-43D7-AF48-F43EED459C98.jpeg.066f1da31a45cf509d4d2337607b0b97.jpeg

Never a dull moment on TVF is there! Confusion over which sign you were referring to.

Back on topic! I agree with you regarding Udon Thani's 3 roundabouts. I lived there for three years and never had any problems with them. There's always a few who want to 'assert their rights' but by and large they work quite well.

9 hours ago, MartinL said:

Ha Ha! Done that one and Hemel Hempstead many times. They're not really as confusing as they appear.

Apologise rvaviator, I realised I should have included that 'not' after you 'liked' the post so you might want to withdraw your 'like'.

Did you notice that you were nowhere near Milton Keynes when at this Magic Roundabout, unless there is a Magic hyperspace bypass connecting MK to those towns on the road sign, and to the M4.  I have not been to MK for some years now so this may have been built by now. 

2 minutes ago, PGSan said:

Did you notice that you were nowhere near Milton Keynes when at this Magic Roundabout, unless there is a Magic hyperspace bypass connecting MK to those towns on the road sign, and to the M4.  I have not been to MK for some years now so this may have been built by now. 

Responded to the written post, not the photo. Is that OK with you?

11 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

If you think that is strange you should try the Milton Keynes Magic roundabout 5/6 roundabouts with traffic able to go both ways round!!!

6D72FF46-ED4A-4478-9F74-F3DE393665F7.jpeg.e7c6640e0c6b4cacd2e4f52c04477280.jpeg
the original was in Hemel Hempstead4D312F49-1B5A-4009-B82C-3A93B25D46EE.jpeg.fe891964ab59ab181b929b5f1f713fa1.jpeg

1B47A75F-7F5C-420D-A857-21F430173CD7.jpeg.2ae69f6cc25884b411636b80f593f997.jpeg

I’m from Hemel, and the “Magic roundabout” works amazingly. You can actually go around the main roundabout the wrong way as long as you observe the protocols on the 6 satellite mini round abouts.

Would never work here.????

1.JPG

In Thailand the general rule at junctions with roads of equal priority is to give way to the vehicle on the left - an exception is at roundabouts where the rule is to give way to vehicles approaching from the right.

So, in the above scenario, C can turn without any issues, D should give way to A, and B should give way to A.

The correct sequence seems to be CADB.

Land Traffic Act 2522

Section 71 (junctions)

Section 73 (circles)

http://thailaws.com/law/t_laws/tlaw0140_5.pdf

Edited by chickenslegs
correction

21 hours ago, Seeall said:

as we all do because most do not heed the simple "Give way to the right" or

in fact have ever heard of it..

If you've been driving here for 10 years you should know that it is actually give way to the left....check it out.

Edited by bluejets

23 hours ago, Moonlover said:

You're talking about the one in Swindon of course, which I've been through and survived a few times. ????

me too, works fine, they also have a duel carriageway, with the industrial parks on both sides, the traffic lights along this stretch are so timed, that if you keep to the 30 mph limit, you hit every light on green. Purrfect

In Chiang Mai, so many of the intersections have the view blocked by walls, signs (both permitted and DIY advertising), or whatever else.  So you can't see if any car or motorcycle is approaching from the right until you are already out in the road.  Especially dangerous when a small soi enters a big road with fast traffic.  The nearest private property has a solid concrete wall all the way out to the road. Then the signs hang out into the motorcycle lane.   If they could set the walls back from the road even 1 meter, many collisions could be avoided.

• Like 1