Quarantine hotels ASQ experience

jingjing99

Any recent input on the ASQ hotels.....how was food, can u get food deliveries, will Staff help if you require extras from 711 or Pharmacy

Are there outside service provider to supply special requirements ...?

Exercise, gym use especially after negative COVID test.... Is alcohol allowed ..Room service beer or wine... ??

Cheapest Hotels around 35,000B Good hotels 75,000B ...is the difference in price worth it...any comments or experience useful...Thanks

On facebook there's a asq review group and other groups where people share their experience with ASQs.

From what I've read:

- Food is ranging from bad to good, you can get extras from 711 but not everything (there's a list of allowed items).

- Can use hotel facilities after 7 days but that have to be booked first.

- Alcohol is not allowed but they don't check bags.

Siam mandarina had staff go out to buy goods from 7/11 twice a day none of the microwave meals are allowed. No alcohol but they didn't check what you got from Duty free. Gym was allowed after the 2nd test results. Garden and walking around the pool area after the first test you were given a wristband. Food was 1/10. 45k. In my opinion if I were to redo it if they had space I would go cheap as cheap as possible spend the extra cash on a nice meal afterwards. If you have work to do then I would pay for a hotel for better quality. 

• 3 weeks later...

ASQ food quality - very obviously from reading posts that the food quality varies from hotel to hotel. I have seen some peoples food photos and it looks gourmet. My ASQ, which I won't mention had pretty average food. I have worked in remote places mostly, so I'm used to eating "camp food" and the food at this ASQ would rank at the bottom end of my personal edible scale.

Rooms- clean of course but daily servicing is a no go, generally every 3 or 4 days after your first covid swab comes back negative.

Alcohol - can't bring in or buy alcohol in most ASQ's though some people have reported that they could get beer. I assume some people might have snuck alcohol in. There isn't any bag checks that I have heard about.

Freedom around the hotel - restricted access to a designated area after covid testing. Size and quality of that designated area depends on the hotel choice.

Buy from 7/11 - can buy from them or other supermarkets affiliated with the ASQ hotel of choice but mostly only dry products allowed.

I can think of better ways to spend 2 weeks but its doable and if it helps stop convid whilst letting people back in then good.