MG Cars - a few facts

19 minutes ago, transam said:

Now, now, if you are a Chinese type of guy OK, but please don't stoop to the level of slagging off British tooling, it doesn't become you...Very naughty, and I doubt you have checked the BMC tooling anyhoooo...Tut,tut...????

I remember tooling about in one of these though...

Humber_Super_Snipe_Series_V.JPG.89d77511f609803915e1054d06c68b29.JPG

On 8/29/2020 at 2:34 AM, vinny41 said:

Some info can be found here 

http://www.headlightmag.com/mg-hs-plug-in-hybrid-coming-soon-thailand/

https://www.autodeft.com/defthint/mg-ehs-plug-in-hybrid-suv-coming-soon-thailand-2020

I have read there is a bkk mg dealer taking pre-orders (1200) bit naughty as no pricing or offical announcement has been made by MG yet pricing is expect between 1.3-1.4 electric range is 75km car so i would see using the electric in slow traffic and switching to petrol  once your clear of slow traffic

I found some stuff on YT on the MG eHS - unfortunately, the pesky Thai's comment only in their own language.........how dare being so elitist..........! All I can glean from those videos is that the eHS should become available by the end of the year. It looks as if SAIC is firmly set on putting their electric vehicles on the map in Thailand, squeezing the higher priced Korean and Japanese competition out of the market. Good times ahead.........!

19 hours ago, tandor said:

..i didn't.  :sad:

A mate of mine did, and it was unreliable and handled like a dog!

I once took it for a drive and found it bloody uncomfortable, but there again my own TR4A wasn't much better, and every time you took a sharp corner at some speed in this car, the back-end would jump around as if trying to hop around the corner!

As for British sports cars, MG included, I did like the Triumph Stag, but a sports car??

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Just picked up my MG Extender MT tuther day and I can only say this about it. Brilliant. I prefer it to our Fortuner. All those that ridiculed it because of being a Chinese motor do not know what they're talking about.

:thumbsup:..........................

Let us know how it's doing in the future....????

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

A mate of mine did, and it was unreliable and handled like a dog!

I once took it for a drive and found it bloody uncomfortable, but there again my own TR4A wasn't much better, and every time you took a sharp corner at some speed in this car, the back-end would jump around as if trying to hop around the corner!

As for British sports cars, MG included, I did like the Triumph Stag, but a sports car??

My 1800cc MGB handled OK, but I reckon a different story with a 3000cc MGC, though I never drove one. A friend had a TR4A, what a bone shaker that was....????

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, transam said:

Let us know how it's doing in the future..

I'm only too happy to oblige. One bad thing to moan about and the dealer said they do not do an owners manual in English. 

I had the same problem with my Fortuner. No English manuals. A load of bull. Toyota kept telling me this but after numerous phone calls to their head office in Thailand they suddenly found one. No charge.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

53 minutes ago, transam said:

What are....?

You catch on very slow to every post I make, right?

Maybe better you go back to read the headline, and you might get a small clue about what I commented. Unfortunately I do not have high hopes. 

Have a great day. ???? 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

You catch on very slow to every post I make, right?

Maybe better you go back to read the headline, and you might get a small clue about what I commented. Unfortunately I do not have high hopes. 

Have a great day. ???? 

So you can't tell me if a Chinese MG was cr-p or a real MG was cr_p as your post didn't say.....

"You catch on very slow to every post I make, right".....

Is that so, how did you work that one out...?    ????

2 hours ago, transam said:

My 1800cc MGB handled OK, but I reckon a different story with a 3000cc MGC, though I never drove one. A friend had a TR4A, what a bone shaker that was....????

Sure was a 'bone-shaker" and I remember asking a mechanic friend what the "IRS" (after TR4A) stood for, and he said, "Independent Rear Suspension".............and I think it meant, independent of the rest of the car, by the way it handled!!!!!

Edited by xylophone
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, transam said:

So you can't tell me if a Chinese MG was cr-p or a real MG was cr_p as your post didn't say.....

"You catch on very slow to every post I make, right".....

Is that so, how did you work that one out...?    ????

Just because the initial start of the thread actually focus on the MG´s of today. It´s just that it also tells the history about how and why it became like this.

To focus on the "real" MG as you say. Oh, actually the one today is real too, because they bought the brand, right?

However, my initial post stands. They are rubbish, and that´s the only thing I need to know and many with me. That so they don´t go buy one in the shop, due to that the quality is very low compared to the price that is almost same as the better brands.

Now you can come up with what you want as a reply. I am finished with you. You are not that important. 

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Just because the initial start of the thread actually focus on the MG´s of today. It´s just that it also tells the history about how and why it became like this.

To focus on the "real" MG as you say. Oh, actually the one today is real too, because they bought the brand, right?

However, my initial post stands. They are rubbish, and that´s the only thing I need to know and many with me. That so they don´t go buy one in the shop, due to that the quality is very low compared to the price that is almost same as the better brands.

Now you can come up with what you want as a reply. I am finished with you. You are not that important. 

I agree, I am not that important....The Chinese bought a brand name to put on THEIR Chinese rides...

And thank you for telling me/us that Chinese MG's are rubbish, because no doubt you and your 'others' have surveyed them at the dealers, yes...?...????

7 minutes ago, transam said:

I agree, I am not that important....The Chinese bought a brand name to put on THEIR Chinese rides...

And thank you for telling me/us that Chinese MG's are rubbish, because no doubt you and your 'others' have surveyed them at the dealers, yes...?...????

I owned one for a year, yes! A real stinking can of rubbish. Now back to the BMW.

• Haha 1

On 8/28/2020 at 12:18 PM, stouricks said:

Why do the prices on screen not coincide with those the presenter says? 

Probably because the production team check and amend as close as possible to the video release date.  Fully charged is about the best source of information on the electric vehicle industry as well as covering associated developments in the field of domestic solar generating and storage systems.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

How much are these dust bins from new?

328k baht for a 2019 model, they are practically giving the used cars away for free.

https://www.one2car.com/en/for-sale/a/7045482

Instead of buying a motorcycle, I bought a Suzuki Swift - cost THB 600,000. 20 months later with less than 15k km on the odo, I traded it in for THB 300,000. But I am sure those that buy appliances, aka Toyotas, will get all their money back after they drove them for 5 years, never had to do even an oil change - such are the laurels of a boring life.

7 hours ago, mistral53 said:

Instead of buying a motorcycle, I bought a Suzuki Swift - cost THB 600,000. 20 months later with less than 15k km on the odo, I traded it in for THB 300,000. But I am sure those that buy appliances, aka Toyotas, will get all their money back after they drove them for 5 years, never had to do even an oil change - such are the laurels of a boring life.

Anything else your thinking of selling sir?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Sorry it didn't work, thought it was worth a try.

Might have more luck searching for LDV Maxus T70 manuals.  SAIC seem to sell their pickup in more countries as an LDV rather than MG.