Jump to content

You are now required to register your dog and cat in Pattaya from September 2, 2020


webfact

Recommended Posts

You are now required to register your dog and cat in Pattaya from September 2, 2020

 

PCHC.jpg

City hall vet clinic

 

The Chonburi Governor has approved the Pattaya City ordinances have decided on a new animal dogs and cats act on September 2, 2019. The Pattaya city is now using the new act according to Section 78 (2) of the Pattaya City Administration Act, B.E. 2562. People living in Pattaya have 365 days to comply with new rules and that means you need to register before September 2, 2020. 

 

This new act only for Pattaya city and not Nong prue, Na Jomtien etc if you live on dark side or in Siracha you do not need to register your animals. 

 

However before you get to alarmed, the registration process is very simple. Just go down to the Pattaya City Veterinarian on the 3rd road in Pattaya. It is next to the Pattaya fire station and Pattaya City Hospital. It is a light blue building, and they close 16.00 weekdays.  You need to bring your ID card or passport, and they will ask you for...

 

Full story: http://www.thailanddog.org/1015/you-need-to-register-your-animal-in-pattaya-city/

 

-- Thailand Dog Rescue 2020-08-28

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, webfact said:

You are now required to register your dog and cat in Pattaya from September 2, 2020

OK, I'll be the first: TM30 for cats and dogs.

What if it stays out overnight - will that cause a bureaucratic nightmare?

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, webfact said:

This new act only for Pattaya city and not Nong prue, Na Jomtien etc

I live in South Pattaya which I always thought was in Pattaya CIty, but my postal address says "Nongprue". Weird.

Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

OK, I'll be the first: TM30 for cats and dogs.

What if it stays out overnight - will that cause a bureaucratic nightmare?

Do you know, it would not surprise me at all. New documentation for an Extension of Stay may include a copy of your animal registration book, plus vaccination certificate,  2 photos of the pet, all not more than 48 hours old, counter signed by a certified vet, all for 1,000 Baht.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

first time i have heard of this ,our cat is hardly ever home ,tried putting a coller on her 3 times ,they always are gone in a day ,

it will end up in the Immigration holding cell.  !0,000 Baht to get it released. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I live in South Pattaya which I always thought was in Pattaya CIty, but my postal address says "Nongprue". Weird.

Yes it would be nice to know the exact boundaries of "Pattaya City"... my cat wants to know if she's a hi-so city gal or a low-rent Darksider.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Yes it would be nice to know the exact boundaries of "Pattaya City"... my cat wants to know if she's a hi-so city gal or a low-rent Darksider.

Who (if anyone) has "Pattaya" as part of their official postal address?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bangkok has had a similar registration requirement for years (including a requirement for dog chipping).  Nobody does it, and there's zero enforcement.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

The Tambons of both Nong Prue and Na Klua and parts of Hua Yai and Nong Pla Lai are all part of Pattaya City. 

Not. I live in Ampur Nongprue not Pattaya. Different administration police jurisdiction etc. The border on Soi Neurn Plub Wan is just before Rod Fai Road. Even has a sign saying "Welcome to Pattaya".

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, polpott said:

Not. I live in Ampur Nongprue not Pattaya.

 

You do appear to be particularly clueless about where you live.  Nong Prue is not an ampur, but a tambon.  And to quote Wikipedia, since I'm not allowed to use Thai language resources here, "Pattaya City is a self-governing municipal area which covers tambons Nong Prue and Na Klua and parts of Huai Yai and Nong Pla Lai."

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, bluesofa said:

OK, I'll be the first: TM30 for cats and dogs.

What if it stays out overnight - will that cause a bureaucratic nightmare?

25 SOI DOGS FREQUENT THE ADJACENT EMPTY LOT NEAR MY HOME.  GETTING TO BE OUT OF CONTROL

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Do you know, it would not surprise me at all. New documentation for an Extension of Stay may include a copy of your animal registration book, plus vaccination certificate,  2 photos of the pet, all not more than 48 hours old, counter signed by a certified vet, all for 1,000 Baht.  

LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody ever cared this stupid law in BKK, so let's just forget it in PATTAYA.

I also read that we are not supposed to feed stray dogs anymore ? Fuxx any idiot who had decided this if it's true ! Wishing the worst and most painful problem to them !

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SePl said:

Nobody ever cared this stupid law in BKK, so let's just forget it in PATTAYA.

I also read that we are not supposed to feed stray dogs anymore ? Fuxx any idiot who had decided this if it's true ! Wishing the worst and most painful problem to them !

If they're not strays does that mean you can feed them?

Is there an app you can use to instantly check the dog's status - no one would want to be fined erroneously.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/28/2020 at 9:18 AM, webfact said:

You are now required to register your dog and cat in Pattaya from September 2, 2020

You are required to hold a valid driving licence to drive a vehicle, you are required to stop at red lights, you are required to wear helmets on a motor cycle, you are required to not obstruct pavements, the list is endless but a large majority ignore these............what is going to be different here.........just more hot air bureaucratic hogwash.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/28/2020 at 10:15 AM, Pattaya Spotter said:

Yes it would be nice to know the exact boundaries of "Pattaya City"... my cat wants to know if she's a hi-so city gal or a low-rent Darksider.

if she is sending value home (mice and birds), she's probably a bar cat.  Just pretend that she sells burgers in Pattaya, all the bar girls have that story for their Mum in Issan. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, polpott said:

Not. I live in Ampur Nongprue not Pattaya. Different administration police jurisdiction etc. The border on Soi Neurn Plub Wan is just before Rod Fai Road. Even has a sign saying "Welcome to Pattaya".

I live slap in the center of Pattaya, near Wat Chaimongkol, and the correct postal address says that it is in Nonprue 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/28/2020 at 10:15 AM, Pattaya Spotter said:

Yes it would be nice to know the exact boundaries of "Pattaya City"... my cat wants to know if she's a hi-so city gal or a low-rent Darksider.

It should be from Na Kluea down to the end of Jomtien west of Sukhumvit Rd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/28/2020 at 9:38 AM, Guderian said:

I live in South Pattaya which I always thought was in Pattaya CIty, but my postal address says "Nongprue". WeirdYes

Yes as you say weird.

All the postal addresses seem to say,Tambon Nongprue,Amphur Banglamung....For a place described as a City,Pattaya never gets mentioned.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...