Fake monk arrested for soliciting donations in Phuket

webfact

Fake monk arrested for soliciting donations in Phuket

By The Phuket News

1598850527_1-org.jpg

Mr Boonlong was unable to recite even a standard prayer. Photo: PR Phuket

PHUKET: A man impersonating a monk and three other people were arrested on Saturday (Aug 29) after they were caught soliciting donations in front of the main SuperCheap store on Thepkrasattri Rd in Rassada.

The four were arrested after complaints from the public had reached Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew, reported the Phuket office of the Public Relations Department (PR Phuket).

Territorial Defense Volunteers (OrSor, or Kong Asa Raksa Dindaen), led by Akkara Suwatthikul, arrived at the store on Saturday to find a man dressed as a monk and other three people sitting in the back of a Bangkok-registered pickup truck..

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/fake-monk-arrested-for-soliciting-donations-in-phuket-77166.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-09-01

10 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I've lost faith in all things Buddhist in Thailand, from the monks who could be there for any reason to the rampant corruption within the society.

Unfortunately religion, like communism, only functions well in the absence of human beings.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I've lost faith in all things Buddhist in Thailand, from the monks who could be there for any reason to the rampant corruption within the society.

You have corruption everywhere, in every country. Is it then so that you lose faith in the world for that, then you are putting yourself on a high position without good foundation.

Ok, I agree! The corruption in Thailand is widespread and very visible. That might hurt the eyes of a weak mind, but bear in mind that there are still more of the ones who walk the right a humble path in life, than there is lost souls who with their strong visibility tries to bend your reality. ???? 

11 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Unfortunately religion, like communism, only functions well in the absence of human beings.

Totally misguided information. Religion always do it´s best work with a pure soul, unaffected by the surroundings and a strong and private relation can be created.

It´s when people start to believe that their own ideas and will to change, they clash with the pure beliefs that was onces founded.

The fault can never be shifted over to any kind of religion. It´s is how people chose to understand their religion that makes your eyes closed to reality. 

People makes the changes, and religion stays neutral and in same solid pure version like it´s always been.

Edited by Matzzon

13 minutes ago, sherwood said:

Put a bit more water with it fella or a few more grains of salt. Struth

With comments like that. Ooh ooh ooh! Your luck will turn to mud, and you riches will turn to sand. Your mind will forever be disgruntled in a smoke so thick that your eyes no longer wish to stay open.

Was that enough water or salt? I certainly do want it to be balanced as everything else should be in life.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

You have corruption everywhere, in every country. Is it then so that you lose faith in the world for that, then you are putting yourself on a high position without good foundation.

Ok, I agree! The corruption in Thailand is widespread and very visible. That might hurt the eyes of a weak mind, but bear in mind that there are still more of the ones who walk the right a humble path in life, than there is lost souls who with their strong visibility tries to bend your reality. ???? 

Thank you but I don't have a weak mind, and I have a good first hand foundation why I speak as I do, my reality on what I see is not bent but straight as an arrow.

Each to their own view.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Totally misguided information. Religion always do it´s best work with a pure soul, unaffected by the surroundings and a strong and private relation can be created.

It´s when people start to believe that their own ideas and will to change, they clash with the pure beliefs that was onces founded.

The fault can never be shifted over to any kind of religion. It´s is how people chose to understand their religion that makes your eyes closed to reality. 

People makes the changes, and religion stays neutral and in same solid pure version like it´s always been.

"Religion" is the creation of people !

"Phra Khru Mettaphiron asked Boonlong to pray, but he could not even start a standard prayer"

So Phra Khrus gofer started taking the p***, and Phra Khru had a little laugh......... very "Buddhist", I don't think:

Mr Boonlong was unable to recite even a standard prayer. Photo: PR Phuket

And that cop should have his pay docked, for being "devotional" (instead of "investigational") during work hours.  Fake monk could have easily done a runner while PC Oneness was floating off.

Edited by Enoon