when do you say enough

opalred

20 hours ago, opalred said:

we go done and up in life /and look forward to life 

when you get older and have to think /trouble with wife /get rid of here  /or-she will see me out

the car getting old /keep it/ will see me out 

in health sometimes / about a operation /what is  the point /it will see me out

went to hospital today  dr said need operation  on eyes ?

at 77 yrs slowly eyes going/whats the point should see me out ?

Maybe you should click the blue bar at the top of the page.

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'd pretty much had enough at age 63 (65 now).

OK with the woman, OK with my health, OK with finances.

I've just got nothing left I really want to do.

Time for a nap?

I actually struggle w/same issue... I think mostly what keeps me interested is taking care of my kid... but, sure, done it all already... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Maybe a bit harsh, but very limited in what to do here and it's too damned hot anyway!

When do you ever get invited to occasions here like you would several times back home during a year, here the calendar is empty. Anyone who says otherwise is living in denial. Simply nothing going on.

I go out drinking here 4 or 5 times a week to numb the boredom, when I was in the UK a few years back I went to pub twice in 17 days, was way too busy actually doing things instead. 

Maybe nothing going on for you but there is plenty to do if you look. Your profile says your located in Bangkok if true you could join Internations Bangkok (Google it )  It's a club/organization with expats from all over the world who reside in Bangkok(Thailand) and have monthly meetings to do all kinds of things. Wine and cheese tastings, movie or sports outings, restaurant visits, book/cars shows, ect.  After meeting  members can even set up thier own get togethers with friends.

If in Pattaya there are at least 2 expat clubs that have weekly meetings with a breakfast brunch that have free lawyers and info on visas, health (life,homeowners,car) insurance, extensions and a host of other subjects. There is a German expat club as well.

In Bangkok a number of the Malls have ice skating rinks if you say your'e too hot. Even one that has indoor skiing/snow boarding.

Edited by Tony125
correction
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tony125 said:

Maybe nothing going on foryou but there is plenty to do if you look. Your profile says your located in Bangkok if true you could join Internations Bangkok (Google it )  It's a club/organization with expats from all over the world who reside in Bangkok(Thailand) and have monthly meetings to do all kinds of things. Wine and cheese tastings, movie or sports outings, restaurant visits, book/cars shows, ect.  After meeting  members can even set up thier own get togethers with friends.

If in Pattaya there are at least 2 expat clubs that have weekly meetings with a breakfast brunch that have free lawyers and info on visas, health (life,homeowners,car) insurance, extensions and a host of other subjects. There is a German expat club as well.

Not everyone wishes to mix with elderly white foreigners.

And I certainly don't want to mix with the criminal scam/con artists that frequent expats clubs.

Quite honestly I'd rather be dead.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not everyone wishes to mix with elderly white foreigners.

Quite honestly I'd rather be dead.

Guess you didn't read my post , I said Internations Bangkok has expats from all over the world not just old white foreigners. Ages range from late 20's on up and there are plenty of Asian women/men there as well. Chinese, Korean , Thai, Japanese, Portugese , ect. Obviously you have never been there.

Edited by Tony125

29 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Maybe nothing going on for you but there is plenty to do if you look. Your profile says your located in Bangkok if true you could join Internations Bangkok (Google it )  It's a club/organization with expats from all over the world who reside in Bangkok(Thailand) and have monthly meetings to do all kinds of things. Wine and cheese tastings, movie or sports outings, restaurant visits, book/cars shows, ect.  After meeting  members can even set up thier own get togethers with friends.

In Bangkok a number of the Malls have ice skating rinks if you say your'e too hot. Even one that has indoor skiing/snow boarding.

Outstanding reply :clap2: shore do hope it helps :cool:

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, johnray said:

There were people on the Titanic who pushed away their pudding.

Yeeeaahh (read slowly)- really wish there was an applicable icon that appreciated your response.

Edited by Dap

It's amazing how dimming eye sight can make everything seem dark and hopeless. I had my glasses in my pocket and scuffed up one of the lenses. Now I can barely see out of that lens. I can easily get a new pair of glasses, but I would prefer to wallow in darkness and misery for a few more weeks.

I don't know what eye operation you need, but, as another posted has said, cataract operations are pretty routine these days and will bring back the sunshine.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not everyone wishes to mix with elderly white foreigners

jesus,   i was just thinking the same thing ( I would throw younger white foreigners in as well )

are we really bitter old men ?    or just experienced ?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

If it wasn't for my kids I would have been out of this hole years back. It's staggeringly boring here, unless you are either an alchie or a whore munger. Absolutely no other reason to be here, at all.

May , i humbly suggest you purchase a Kindle .  Amazon , have amazing offers ..

We have a Kindler support group . Makes a boring life , last longer ..555

Edited by elliss

45 minutes ago, rumak said:

jesus,   i was just thinking the same thing ( I would throw younger white foreigners in as well )

are we really bitter old men ?    or just experienced ?

I feel a poll , coming on ..

• Haha 2

If you retire anywhere, Thailand included, over the years it is not hard to see and do everything there is to see and do.

Over 10 years in Thailand, I drove all over the country and saw many things.

You can only see so many temples, elephants, etc.

I suppose there are some that have retired and don't really have the money to travel too far from home?

I was talking to my wife last night about how hard it would be to retire in Thailand if you didn't have the money to do what ever it is you wanted to do, whenever you wanted to do it?

How would you combat the boredom if you were a normal family person and not a bar-stool hopper or whore monger?

Specifically if you live in Isaan or some other rural areas away from a city, where there really is nothing to do?

The cities, bring up their own problems, where it is not easy to jump in your car and get anywhere if you live in Bangkok or other congested cities. The heat, pollution, overcrowding doesn't make for a pleasant experience. 

Being back in the USA, I drive past lots of retirement complexes. Many have tons of amenities like golf, pool, tennis, clubhouse etc. Lots of seniors seem to be enjoying their golden years with plenty of other seniors. Maybe what is missing in Thailand is close companions you can count on?

I like being able to jump in my car and be at the store in a few minutes, numerous restaurants, etc. Maybe 10 miles to the beach.

However it can be much the same as living in Thailand.

Sooner or later you see and do everything within 300 miles.

Then it can get boring.

Pre-Covid, you could always jump on a plane and head anywhere in the Caribbean pretty cheap and in a few hours. It all comes down to money and time.

Most people are homeowners, always some gardening or other project to take away your time each week.

For me, back to work, have good colleagues to play golf, fishing, boating, visiting with. Working from home is much easier as well.

As you get older, health problems increase.

Do you have the correct affordable insurance so medical bills don't stress you out?

Or is one operation going to break the bank?

Many retired to Thailand 20+ years ago when times were good, never foreseeing how things are today. Rising costs have eaten into many.

With no money to escape boredom, life can be very boring.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2020 at 7:51 PM, BritManToo said:

I'd pretty much had enough at age 63 (65 now).

OK with the woman, OK with my health, OK with finances.

I've just got nothing left I really want to do.

Sounds like clinical depression. Consult a good therapist.

5 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

This reminds of Mrs. Moanalot from the wartime BBC wireless comedy program ITMA. It's That Man Again. After moaning about everything her departing line was "It's being so cheerful that keeps me going."????

11 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

If you retire anywhere, Thailand included, over the years it is not hard to see and do everything there is to see and do.

Over 10 years in Thailand, I drove all over the country and saw many things.

You can only see so many temples, elephants, etc.

I suppose there are some that have retired and don't really have the money to travel too far from home?

I was talking to my wife last night about how hard it would be to retire in Thailand if you didn't have the money to do what ever it is you wanted to do, whenever you wanted to do it?

How would you combat the boredom if you were a normal family person and not a bar-stool hopper or whore monger?

Specifically if you live in Isaan or some other rural areas away from a city, where there really is nothing to do?

The cities, bring up their own problems, where it is not easy to jump in your car and get anywhere if you live in Bangkok or other congested cities. The heat, pollution, overcrowding doesn't make for a pleasant experience. 

Being back in the USA, I drive past lots of retirement complexes. Many have tons of amenities like golf, pool, tennis, clubhouse etc. Lots of seniors seem to be enjoying their golden years with plenty of other seniors. Maybe what is missing in Thailand is close companions you can count on?

I like being able to jump in my car and be at the store in a few minutes, numerous restaurants, etc. Maybe 10 miles to the beach.

However it can be much the same as living in Thailand.

Sooner or later you see and do everything within 300 miles.

Then it can get boring.

Pre-Covid, you could always jump on a plane and head anywhere in the Caribbean pretty cheap and in a few hours. It all comes down to money and time.

Most people are homeowners, always some gardening or other project to take away your time each week.

For me, back to work, have good colleagues to play golf, fishing, boating, visiting with. Working from home is much easier as well.

As you get older, health problems increase.

Do you have the correct affordable insurance so medical bills don't stress you out?

Or is one operation going to break the bank?

Many retired to Thailand 20+ years ago when times were good, never foreseeing how things are today. Rising costs have eaten into many.

With no money to escape boredom, life can be very boring.

Have you been to the big rocket festivals,  The Phuket 9 gods festival, the lopburi monkey festival, the King narai festival, thai music festivals, or PHRA  NAKHON KHIRI festival in Petchaburi. I never get bored here. Always people to talk to, always a wide choice of restaurants,  concerts and activities plus effects free streaming TV and Movies etc etc

8 minutes ago, rumak said:

especially with guys who departed Thailand still posting the same thing over and over and over.

just live your life man.    don't worry about us poor souls "stuck" in Thailand.   maybe we like it here.   and don't like the guys you fish and play golf with.    

are you really that lonely?    Florida must have plenty of forums discussing which courts are best for shuffleboard.     

Maybe?! 555

So the OP is 77.

So this geezer was born in 1943.

Warchild. 

If he's British he grew up on dripping on toast. Oxo cubes were luxuries. He would have likely watched the 66 WC live.

Plenty of memories, eyes are useful but you don't need them to reminisce. 

I too am at a crossroads in my life. For the last 12 months I was looking for a decent new pair of trainers, accidentally looked at a pair of shoes and realised I preferred the shoes.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Hahaha!! Where do I sign up??