For how much longer do we have to wear masks in supermarkets for?

Keyser Soze666

3 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

No point in wearing a mask unless you are in a hotspot and how do you know you are in a hotspot, lots of testing, something Thailand doesn't bother with.

True, but if there was spread here you would expect at least a few cases popping up at hospitals and deaths. As I don't buy conspiracy theories I am going to give Thais the benefit of the doubt. The country is indeed Covid-free.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Why Me said:

True, but if there was spread here you would expect at least a few cases popping up at hospitals and deaths. As I don't buy conspiracy theories I am going to give Thais the benefit of the doubt. The country is indeed Covid-free.

Most of the cases in Europe now are asymptomatic, hospitals are not filling up and deaths are not going up. Probably the same in Thailand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Most of the cases in Europe now are asymptomatic, hospitals are not filling up and deaths are not going up. Probably the same in Thailand.

There's a difference between not filling up and not going up and zero. Zero is what it is said to be here and I see no reason/evidence to suspect otherwise. Which would indicate the last virus in Thailand died a ghastly death in a splash 7/11 sanitizer about 3 months ago.

1 minute ago, Why Me said:

There's a difference between not filling up and not going up and zero. Zero is what it is said to be here and I see no reason/evidence to suspect otherwise. Which would indicate the last virus in Thailand died a ghastly death in a splash 7/11 sanitizer about 3 months ago.

Myanmar is next door and have had record amounts of new cases recently, pretty easy to slip over the border. There are very few places in the world that are covid free, maybe some remote islands. Seeing as the Philippines and Indonesia are still posting new cases in the 1000s everyday, seems a bit far fetched that Thailand has no local cases. Unless you are mass testing and also testing for anti bodies then it's impossible to know if it's there or not.

5 hours ago, Oldie said:

Honestly - I am happy that the Thais do not behave like people for instance in Germany that demonstrate against masks and other measures that help to prevent the spread of the virus. And I hope that will not change. There they call such demonstrating people "covidiots". 

The masks are coming off right now.

I went to a mall yesterday and some of the staff and customers were not wearing them, including a 'dirty foreigner' who will no doubt be blamed if there's a local outbreak regardless of how many decades he's been here without leaving.

Something appears to have changed. I was wearing mine as I heard they won't let you inside if you don't wear one - is that no longer the case?

Maybe I'll give it a try next time I go and see what happens. If they don't let me in then this means the people who weren't wearing one took it off after going through the guy who does the temperature checks.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

No need for masks if no virus where you live, pretty obvious really. And haven't you heard most people don't get affected by it.

....and haven't you heard.....some people die.....but I guess empathy doesn't enter into your world.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Myanmar is next door and have had record amounts of new cases recently, pretty easy to slip over the border. There are very few places in the world that are covid free, maybe some remote islands. Seeing as the Philippines and Indonesia are still posting new cases in the 1000s everyday, seems a bit far fetched that Thailand has no local cases. Unless you are mass testing and also testing for anti bodies then it's impossible to know if it's there or not.

Yep, I read the Thais are trying to tighten border controls owing to the situation in Myanmar. But you are right it isn't leakproof. I guess/hope if there is an outbreak here owing to migrant labor it will be localized in camps like happened in Singapore.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Something appears to have changed. I was wearing mine as I heard they won't let you inside if you don't wear one - is that no longer the case?

In the local mall to me , you have to wear a mask when entering the mall , you dont need to wear it whilst inside the mall .

I carry a mask with me at all times and put in on just prior to entering the mall and then take if off again when I am out the guards sight and then put it back on again when leaving 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Sure.

EVERy time. 

Is not “spy” app. Another conspiracy!

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/1603-in-rayong-and-bangkoks-sukhumvit-area-test-negative-for-covid-19/

More than 10,000 test for that time. Very successful.

Thailand number one the world covid control.

https://www.tatnews.org/2020/07/thailand-ranked-number-one-on-the-global-covid-19-recovery-index/

Yeah thats they got that “Don’t test so don’t know” App. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

In the local mall to me , you have to wear a mask when entering the mall , you dont need to wear it whilst inside the mall .

I carry a mask with me at all times and put in on just prior to entering the mall and then take if off again when I am out the guards sight and then put it back on again when leaving 

That's what I do and a lot of Thais doing that. But most in the mall still wear mask.

When I say 8 to 12 months until masks are gone I mean by official regulation in places like malls. Obviously in small stores, restaurants, grab taxis, and many other places a lot of people will not bother anymore.

But the mask rules will not go until a vaccine is in use.

26 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

....and haven't you heard.....some people die.....but I guess empathy doesn't enter into your world.

Tell that to the millions of unemployed and the people who have lost their businesses. The stats are quite clear, the people who die have multiple underlying medical conditions, roughly 96% in western countries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Logosone said:

That's what I do and a lot of Thais doing that. But most in the mall still wear mask.

When I say 8 to 12 months until masks are gone I mean by official regulation in places like malls. Obviously in small stores, restaurants, grab taxis, and many other places a lot of people will not bother anymore.

A covid vaccine will be similar to the flu vaccine, once a year booster jab. End of 2021 they are saying now after successful trials and no I wouldn't have one unless thoroughly tested.

4 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Tell that to the millions of unemployed and the people who have lost their businesses. The stats are quite clear, the people who die have multiple underlying medical conditions, roughly 96% in western countries.

And you are championing the *dont wear a mask* cause ?

Had you and your lot began wearing masks back in January (when we all began wearing masks) all those millions wouldnt now be unemployed and businesses wouldnt have be lost and the virus wouldnt exist anymore

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

And you are championing the *dont wear a mask* cause ?

Had you and your lot began wearing masks back in January (when we all began wearing masks) all those millions wouldnt now be unemployed and businesses wouldnt have be lost and the virus wouldnt exist anymore

Your points are not even worth answering, they are always emotive and argumentative. Haven't you got some buses to take photos of 555.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Your points are not even worth answering, they are always emotive and argumentative. Haven't you got some buses to take photos of 555.

Google images must be down 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, polpott said:

A lot of girls always wore masks on scooters to protect their faces from the sun. It hasn't been much of atransition here for Thais to wear masks all the time. Its now become a serious fashion accessory. You can't just wear a mask it has to be a statement mask.

You're imagining things. Before covid no one wore a mask except for a few weeks in Bangkok as a result of the pollution last October. In Vietnam - yes, masks have long been a fashion accessory stretching back years, for scooter riders. Well technically to protect against pollution of course, but you know what I mean. 

43 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Again I doubt that. Vietnam has demonstrated that (back in May), and so has China. 

Many world leaders have stated it, but I can assure you once the emergency decree goes, so do mask mandates. And the vaccine is far from guaranteed. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheFreqFlyer said:

You're imagining things. Before covid no one wore a mask except for a few weeks in Bangkok as a result of the pollution last October. In Vietnam - yes, masks have long been a fashion accessory stretching back years, for scooter riders. Well technically to protect against pollution of course, but you know what I mean. 

Its not a fashion accessory, its to keep the skin on their faces white,

• Haha 1