Thinking of buying a recliner

funlovinkid

On 9/3/2020 at 3:22 PM, AlfHuy said:

same problem here.

For this, I walk around 7km a day and feeling much better.

Sometimes a visit to an acupuncturist is very helpful.

7km/day is quite a lot, kudos to you.  I started walking around 4km/day recently, which I thought wasn't bad, but 7km is a pretty substantial commitment.  Maybe I should follow your example.  ????  I stopped playing badminton in January when Covid hit, and although I do other (lighter) exercises, I think the lack of substantial activity has really started catching up with me.

8 minutes ago, JWRC said:

It's worth checking the mattress on your bed too, I say this from experience, a good mattress makes a big difference when you have spinal problems.

Thanks for this, I was actually thinking the same thing.  I live in a rented condo, which means the mattress is rented also, and I think it might be contributing to my current problems.  For what it's worth, any suggestions in that regard?  I've looked briefly at some of the good-quality (say, Sealy) king-size mattresses at Central, but the prices seem like a total rip-off to me.  80K on sale!  Wondering if there are any decent-quality alternatives.  I've thought about looking to pick up something at the local auction house, but it would obviously have to be thoroughly checked out beforehand.  I suppose it's possible that some foreigner needs to get rid of his recently-purchased mattress for whatever reason, and is willing to accept an auction-house price.

4 hours ago, funlovinkid said:

La-Z-Boy tells me that their factory is located in Chonburi province, so I don't know if the situation has changed since you bought yours, or if they're not being honest with me.  I also haven't looked into Office Mate at all about having them provide me a recliner.  Can I ask when you bought yours?

They do have their factory in Chonburi  (unless recently closed) ..

When I complained about my office chair they offered the option to re-cover at their factory. 6000+ Baht, one to two months. I declined the (not) generous offer..

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CLW said:

What kind of hammock and where did you buy it? Thx

It's some type of macramé-looking weave and it was in the house when I rented it in Mexico.  Now that I think about it, I'm not sure where you'd get a decent one in Thailand.

This place in Mérida (where I now live) is considered to be a seller of high quality hammocks (hamacas in Spanish) and they do deliver abroad.

I would suspect the best kind for Thailand might be a free-standing one, since I don't know if wall hooks in the typical brick-and-render walls here would support a more hefty farang's body (unless you could somehow anchor it into support columns?)

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 10:37 PM, wpcoe said:

It's some type of macramé-looking weave and it was in the house when I rented it in Mexico.  Now that I think about it, I'm not sure where you'd get a decent one in Thailand.

This place in Mérida (where I now live) is considered to be a seller of high quality hammocks (hamacas in Spanish) and they do deliver abroad.

I would suspect the best kind for Thailand might be a free-standing one, since I don't know if wall hooks in the typical brick-and-render walls here would support a more hefty farang's body (unless you could somehow anchor it into support columns?)

Sorry for misunderstanding.

I would like to know your or anyone favorite type of hammock.

Because there are two types.

The one just from fabric with those two narrow ends and another type with that wooden bar at the ends to keep the hammock fabric open.

1 hour ago, CLW said:

Sorry for misunderstanding.

I would like to know your or anyone favorite type of hammock.

Because there are two types.

The one just from fabric with those two narrow ends and another type with that wooden bar at the ends to keep the hammock fabric open.

It's a matter of preference and varies, I think.  I don't like he ones with the wooden bars at the top and bottom.  (a) I prefer the mesh/fabric to mold more to my body, even toward my head and fet and (b) I tried one with wooden supports and realized sometimes I refer to lay higher in the hammock than most people, and the wood was uncomfortable.

• Like 1