Prisoner may have tested positive for Covid-19: CCSA

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

No joy , just sadness that supposedly intelligent people could be so blinkered and naive.

No tests = no positive results , Christ its not brain surgeon material !

It wasnt just the lack of tests though , it was also the lack of people being hospitalised and lack of people dyeing 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Nout said:

Evidence for the above assertion? I believe people who relish this news are people who dont live in Thailand especially Australians who are unable to leave

What a load of rubbish! I am one of those unfortunate Australians stuck in stage 4 restrictions in Melbourne for what seems like forever. I would kill to get back to Thailand and more particularly Cambodia. It would hardly help my cause for Thailand to suffer cases and further provoke restrictions and prolong the country's opening. Sure it might be a year before I am able to leave Australia, but it's hardly going to increase chances for freedom of international movement if any country suffers 2nd and 3rd waves.

never mind buddies, now covid positive tested people are all asymptomatic because the virus has moved to be very low powered now.

E p i d e m i  c      i s     f i n i s h .

hey farang's friends, we need to clarify this situation and tell them every day because if no one tell them, it will never change, we will be locked outside... if we explain it every day, next month they will maybe admit the reality and end of story.

Edited by jerolamo
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Trump put his finger on it last month . . .
"We have to - you know - not that this is the only way - some good people, some very good people, many of them are my very good friends and I have many, many, very very good friends - they tell me we have to get the numbers down. So It tell them, easy! Stop testing people and the numbers come down right away."

Thailand's been doing this from way back in March, when the hospitals were told to stop keeping records of infections.

Edited by robsamui

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

There is no routine testing completed in Thailand.  I had a full program related physical which had many vials of blood collected for analysis on Monday.  I asked the Lab tech (vampire), as well as the doctor whether they could test for Covid anti-bodies to see if I had been exposed back in January when I fell sick for a few weeks.  I was told that there is no test that they can do, and the only way to have the test completed is for me to show possible symptoms, and then the test is completed at the Government Health lab that is the main repository.  So in essence, one will never know here in this country.  However they did do the lab test to see if I had syphilis for my DL Medical Certificate.

The antibody test is available in CM for about 1500 baht. I have no idea of the accuracy. A friend took the test and was negative. My wife and I both think we had Covid back in December. I'd love to take the test but even if it shows antibodies and I can't be contagious, it won't help me travel, so what's the point?

12 hours ago, robsamui said:

Thailand's been doing this from way back in March, when the hospitals were told to stop keeping records of infections.

Where did you get this little gem from? Noone is turning up to hospital sick. My wife has some of her staff workign at BIDI in Nonthaburi. There are no new admissions to hospital for covid. You can be sure they are not testing positive and being told to be quiet and go home to either recover and die. Or are uou one of these moaning farangs I see too often on TV. 

Edited by blackcab
Bold font removed. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, vermin on arrival said:

Don't ask. Don't Tell. They don't want to know the scale of what really happened here and have put measures in place so that no one really finds out. If people knew, they might not be so terrified or they might be very angry at the government. Farcical.

But apparently all the smart farangs of TV know really what's going down in Thailand LOL. Yes, its all just a cover up....bodies piling up at morgues. Families thrrated to be quiet....bla bla bla. Go home. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

How do you know if no one has the virus if you don't test. Thailand is not an island and even islands have cases.

And it''s not your money anyway seeing as your not Thai. Countries that are 22 in the world GDP index should be doing more in testing and helping it's population through the economic crisis.

I think you believe in fairy tales, is Hans Christian Andersen your favourite author...

Thailand is handling the pandemic just fine , what difference does it really make as to how many people have been tested and how many are Covid positive ?

Its not like a world competition where every Country has to get the correct results

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Thailand is handling the pandemic just fine , what difference does it really make as to how many people have been tested and how many are Covid positive ?

Its not like a world competition where every Country has to get the correct results

To know how far it's spread in the population. It's hardly rocket science.

https://www.ed.ac.uk/covid-19-response/expert-insights/beat-covid-test-everyone

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Why is it so important to know how many people have got it ?

Well I agree.Then there should be no need for the stringent,strict and draconian measures put in place as it's just the flu good to see you finally making sense in this debate.We are a product and a part of nature so whatever "we" do as humans will be nature taking it's course even if I think some of our natural courses are somewhat dubious at best in the end it's all natural. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Well I agree.Then there should be no need for the stringent,strict and draconian measures put in place as it's just the flu good to see you finally making sense in this debate.We are a product and a part of nature so whatever "we" do as humans will be nature taking it's course even if I think some of our natural courses are somewhat dubious at best in the end it's all natural. 

There currently are no stringent , strict and draconian measures in Thailand , everything's back to normal 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

Is that still a requirement? havent been on either since January

Well, yes it is. All flights anywhere in the world require masks and I guess most countries in the world require masks on public transport too. Add to that masks in shops and public enclosed buildings.

Hardly back to normal, unless you sit in a pub or bar, which is a damn good idea!

• Thanks 1